Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:19 am

Fairplay aaron wildig last night played well when he came on
and better than olofinjana for me :D :D
i think its time to give him a go
what you think?
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Aaron Wildig

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 am

good distribution and calm in possession, but got knocked off the ball a few times. Maybe a bit more game time as a sub and then if Oli is still below par give him a start.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:25 am

Bluebird1962 wrote:good distribution and calm in possession, but got knocked off the ball a few times. Maybe a bit more game time as a sub and then if Oli is still below par give him a start.

Fair shout mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:29 am

Bluebird1962 wrote:good distribution and calm in possession, but got knocked off the ball a few times. Maybe a bit more game time as a sub and then if Oli is still below par give him a start.

sorry but Wildig is too much in the Rae / Mc Phail mould and gives the ball away too easily too deep .............. he's got potential but IMO is at least another 2 seasons from becoming a regular . A central midfielder worth his salt should be bossing a game ( a bit like Ramsay does / did ) so for now Wildig still needs to do a hell of a lot more . OK he's young but if DJ thinks he's ready to play then he's gonna get judged against the best of the rest :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:39 am

Have to disagree with last post.

Wildig made himself available, played the simple passes, held his position well.

About the only thing I could really be critical of was that occasionally he took one touch too many.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:41 am

I want him to do well and like the raw ability but his physicality (or lack of) is the issue for me and I don't think he's good enough. I'd still play him over Rae though.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:50 am

nerd wrote:Have to disagree with last post.

Wildig made himself available, played the simple passes, held his position well.

About the only thing I could really be critical of was that occasionally he took one touch too many.

:ayatollah: Agreed :ayatollah:
I think he needs to get on the weights and become a bit more physical but like you said held position and played simple balls. And as far as bossing the game i dont think olofinjana is consistantly dominating like he should be

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:54 am

i dont think Wildig is anywhere near being a starter yet but he should definetly be in our squad ahead of the likes of Rae. To be honest he could do with a loan to a League One club to play regularly. Definetly think he's a very good prospect and he has shown flashes of his potential.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:23 am

Wildig played well last night.

When he had the ball he made some of their players look like shite. He had some good passes, runs, turns, and I think he could become a decent player.

However, he needs first team football and he isn't good enough yet to be playing first team football for us.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:25 am

yet another good reason for CCFC having a reserve team ?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:29 am

Vintage 63 wrote:yet another good reason for CCFC having a reserve team ?

Definatly. I think that some of our younger players and players that probably aren't going to break into the first team need some good football. It keeps up their match fitness and will help them attract clubs for either loan/sale.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:49 am

needs to go out on loan for a full season to get regular gametime and strengthen up a bit.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:52 am

Dafydd wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:yet another good reason for CCFC having a reserve team ?

Definatly. I think that some of our younger players and players that probably aren't going to break into the first team need some good football. It keeps up their match fitness and will help them attract clubs for either loan/sale.

We will have a reserve team next season, as we'll be in the Premiership! ;) :) :ayatollah: