Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gabbidon

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:58 am

Make of it what you like, but I've had this tonight from the East End and also pretty high source within.

He will be coming by the weekend on loan highly likely now Grant is staying.

Re: Gabbidon

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:58 am

I meant within at this end too.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:17 am

If we can keep him fit hello promotion!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 am

err

Bellamy
JET
Koumas
Olifinjana
Drinks
Keogh
Gabbidon

7 Loans

Drinks, Koumas and Keogh gunna draw straws for the 5th place in a match day squad?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:22 am

We can only have four senior loans, one wd have to be terminated

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 am

Could be a good shout Steve, I heard that 2 medicals were planned over the weekend or earlier this week...Jay THOMAS must have been one and possibly the Blackpool lad( permanent deal) being the other...Gabbs on loan would be a bonus...we could only play 5 in any squad on any particular day but Koumas is rarely avaialable and Bellamy plays once a week so not really a problem add them to Drinkwater another full of injuries and another loan player is not as bad as people think....we can have up to 5 in a match day squad

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 am

The same Cardiff source said he doubts very much komas will play again this season

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:27 am

Daya wrote:The same Cardiff source said he doubts very much komas will play again this season

Now that wouldn't be surprising. Though paying his wages to not play could be an issue.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:31 am

Daya wrote:The same Cardiff source said he doubts very much komas will play again this season

Done his knee again?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:33 am

corky wrote:Could be a good shout Steve, I heard that 2 medicals were planned over the weekend or earlier this week...Jay THOMAS must have been one and possibly the Blackpool lad( permanent deal) being the other...Gabbs on loan would be a bonus...we could only play 5 in any squad on any particular day but Koumas is rarely avaialable and Bellamy plays once a week so not really a problem add them to Drinkwater another full of injuries and another loan player is not as bad as people think....we can have up to 5 in a match day squad

Time will shortly tell but getting from both ends is a good ish indicator something going on corks be good for city if it's the case

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:33 am

send him back, the heartless monkey

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:35 am

Damned Yank wrote:

Done his knee again?

Dunno mate - he was waking ok tonight directly behind me at half time - not that means a lot

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 am

Last I'd heard he'd injured his toe :?:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:26 am

Actually from what I've been told Jay Thomas signed on loan without the need for a medical, don't ask me how that works, so if there were two medicals planned, perhaps they are still in the pipe line and we may see some more movement, here's hoping. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:32 am

Daya wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:

Done his knee again?

Dunno mate - he was waking ok tonight directly behind me at half time - not that means a lot

I reckon he has done his head in. I have heard he has got a few issues. He might still be suffering from a knock he picked up over Christmas but I'm not sure his head or his heart is into it.

Gabbidon will be a good signing for us if he can stay fit. At least if he gets injured he wont get lonely in the treatment room :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:43 am

corky wrote:Could be a good shout Steve, I heard that 2 medicals were planned over the weekend or earlier this week...Jay THOMAS must have been one and possibly the Blackpool lad( permanent deal) being the other...Gabbs on loan would be a bonus...we could only play 5 in any squad on any particular day but Koumas is rarely avaialable and Bellamy plays once a week so not really a problem add them to Drinkwater another full of injuries and another loan player is not as bad as people think....we can have up to 5 in a match day squad

fair shout corky :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 am

such a tough one as we all remember him down here when he was in his prime and he was awesome! Definetly the best defender ive seen in my time as a supporter at Cardiff. Sounds as though he could be another Koumas now to be honest, injuries have obviously taken their toll and if he cant do it for a poor west ham team then you have to wonder will he be much better with us? I suppose it all depends if West Ham will contribute a large proportion of his wages. I would love to see him back here but ive got a horrible feeling he will be far from the player that he was!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:54 am

Jimbo27 wrote:such a tough one as we all remember him down here when he was in his prime and he was awesome! Definetly the best defender ive seen in my time as a supporter at Cardiff. Sounds as though he could be another Koumas now to be honest, injuries have obviously taken their toll and if he cant do it for a poor west ham team then you have to wonder will he be much better with us? I suppose it all depends if West Ham will contribute a large proportion of his wages. I would love to see him back here but ive got a horrible feeling he will be far from the player that he was!

6 months left on his contract maybe he will sign at the end of the season and then retire with us :lol: :lol: . i think koumas has got 6 months left on his contract to :shock: Sunday league football for that boi i think lol

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 am

6 months left on his contract? Could be interesting.

Such a shame about Koumas, without a doubt one of my all time favourite Cardiff players but injuries, motivation and/or lack of confidence have ruined him and i just cant see him getting back his form now! Wouldnt surprise me if he retired end of the season. Will always be a CCFC legend though! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:01 am

Jimbo27 wrote:6 months left on his contract? Could be interesting.

Such a shame about Koumas, without a doubt one of my all time favourite Cardiff players but injuries, motivation and/or lack of confidence have ruined him and i just cant see him getting back his form now! Wouldnt surprise me if he retired end of the season. Will always be a CCFC legend though! :ayatollah:

yea gabby contract ending soon they not renewing it i don't think :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:06 am

:wave: Jason Koumas. Thanks for nothing but you can't cut it at this level and im not sure where you go from here. and i don't really care :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 am

we cant sign gabbs on a 6 month, we already have 4 long term loans of senior players and that is all we are aloud in any one season. The only way is if one of them were to be sold by there parent club, and a clause stipulating that would have to be written in the loan agreement otherwise we are stuck with the loanees we have.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:32 am

if the gabby rumour does come off, they will take him on 3 month loan with option of further 3 months to get around the long term loan issue :)