Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PEOPLE WON'T AGREE WITH ME BUT I THOUGHT

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 am

gypes and hudson did well against stokes forward line 2nite :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

surprised at fuller tho thought he was better than that to be honest,

Re: PEOPLE WON'T AGREE WITH ME BUT I THOUGHT

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 am

I thought they did. IMO Heaton should have done better with both goals and Rae got totally lost at the corner.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:31 am

2blue2handle wrote:I thought they did. IMO Heaton should have done better with both goals and Rae got totally lost at the corner.

yea was bit of crappy goal to give away but all in all i didn't think the back up lads did to bad, was good to see the young boys having run out Matthews looked good down the right wing :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 am

I heard a few people praising Burke but thought he looked well off it tonight

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:43 am

If it's true we've signed a new CB I still think Gabor should stay.

Hudson,
Keinan,
Gyepes,
Blake,
Riggot.
(Plus McNaughton, Quinn)

Riggot is too injury prone. Blake has been hot and cold, Quinn is for emergencies only and although I think McNaughton is great we do lose him at full back when at CB. Gabor is easy good enough for back up in this league and we should be looking for depth for the last push not trimming down.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:44 am

2blue2handle wrote:I heard a few people praising Burke but thought he looked well off it tonight

i agree there wish we could get him back to his best :(

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:46 am

the hole back for played well tonight, as did gavin rae :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:48 am

HUDSON WAS GOOD BUT I THOUGHT GYPES WAS CRAP. BUT THAT WAS JUST MY OPINION. WHY ALSO WASN'T MARSHALL PLAYING HE WAS SUPERB IN THE FIRST GAME AND HE DESERVED THIS MATCH.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:48 am

drinkwater he cooked my head he was like bloody crab left right go forwards a bit turn round grrr :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:12 am

Gyepes man the match for me :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:14 am

rae was good defensively, as was naylor the other worst player in the team, both offered little going forward. Rae did make 2 insane "back passses?" or something that made me swallow a lung

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 am

Didn't think Gyepes was all that special.

Cup is out of the way now, so we can concentrate on Watford :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:17 am

I thought Stoke played at halfpace

But didn't think either side wanted to win

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:09 am

The best player all night was Aaron Wildig - he did not put a foot wrong all match, he showed real promise last night! Good to see that! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 am

bluebirds23 wrote:gypes and hudson did well against stokes forward line 2nite :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

surprised at fuller tho thought he was better than that to be honest,

No your right they did do well, but to be honest I thought that Geypes in his last few games before Dave left him out wasnt too bad. He was winning most of the ball the ground in the air and on the ground too. He did well I agree :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:29 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I heard a few people praising Burke but thought he looked well off it tonight

i agree there wish we could get him back to his best :(

I don't understand why he got switched to the left. With him and Matthews on for the first time in ages, surely it woud have been better to put them both o the right and have a go down that flank. I know DJ played Matthews in an advanced role last night which was good to see, but Burke just didn't have the pace to beat their right back.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:36 am

It was good to see 3 ex-Academy players on the pitch at one stage (Matthews, Blake and Wildig)