Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JET again Gunners view

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:17 am

I ask my mate from London who rarely misses anything to do with Arsenal what he knew about our new player...here is his reply

Corky

Good signing. Just turned 21 last month. Quick, tall (6'3"), built like a brick-shithouse, Good engine. Can pass, head and shoot. Versatile. He can play up front or anywhere across the midfield, but his best position is centre-forward. Has played nine times for us, eight as sub - 2 Premier League, 2 Carling Cup, 2 Champions League. One start in the FA Cup last season away to Stoke (we lost but he played well). No goals but he's come bloody close a couple of times. Has skippered the youth and reserve teams and has PL Academy League and FA Youth Cup medals.Good attitude. Works his bollocks off, but isn't just a striver. He's skillful and quick too. Five caps for England Under 17s and two for the Under 19s.

He's played on loan for Blackpool (11 appearances, 2 goals) in 2009/9 and Doncaster Rovers (14 appearances, 5 goals) last season. Not sure he's quite good enough to break into the Arsenal first team as a regular ahead of Marouane Chamakh and Nicklas Bendtner, but he could be if he can up his game 10-20%. He needs to play at the moment.

I hope you've done a good financial deal. I'm told he's on (I have omitted that bit not our business) a week basic! I'd also lock up your daughters. He has a reputation for being an enthusiastic knobber! Can't blame him for that though. Every young man should have a hobby! :-D

all the best mate

look after yourself and good luck to your Bluebirds

Re: JET again Gunners view

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:18 am

cheers corky, gd insights :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks Corky

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:05 am

what is it with arsenal players being knobers! gilbert was the last knobber here lol :lol: