Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEE NAYLORS BEST GAME

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Just got back and I actually enjoyed the game, no pressure, not a classic but i thought we at least played as a team.

Easily Lee Naylors best game for the club, let's hope it lasts, love Parkin, he will be the new Leo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a freebie of sorts tonight, bought 4 tickets online and half hour later my mate Ross rings me up with 4 tickets for the diamond suite, gave my tickets on the cheap to some mates, so good result, But--------------- they only had an auction upstairs and I wind up spending 240 quid on some great memorabilia, with some of it going towards the academy, so win win.

Been up in the hospitality a few times now, and it's great for a change, but couldn't do that every week (wellthat's what my accountant told me :lol: )

Back to business, let's get this league done and won. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: LEE NAYLORS BEST GAME

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Just got back and I actually enjoyed the game, no pressure, not a classic but i thought we at least played as a team.

Easily Lee Naylors best game for the club, let's hope it lasts, love Parkin, he will be the new Leo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a freebie of sorts tonight, bought 4 tickets online and half hour later my mate Ross rings me up with 4 tickets for the diamond suite, gave my tickets on the cheap to some mates, so good result, But--------------- they only had an auction upstairs and I wind up spending 240 quid on some great memorabilia, with some of it going towards the academy, so win win.

Been up in the hospitality a few times now, and it's great for a change, but couldn't do that every week (wellthat's what my accountant told me :lol: )

Back to business, let's get this league done and won. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree Gwyn, Naylors best game so far :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:39 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Just got back and I actually enjoyed the game, no pressure, not a classic but i thought we at least played as a team.

have to agree gwyn, naylors tackling was superb he won so many balls plus he was up and down the wing constantly!!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Naylor was man of the match, easily! He was the only player on that left side. Drinkwater looked lost

It was just such a bad match apart from that.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:25 am

Naylor was great tonight imo and burke had a decent game effed up a few times but thats expected hes not going to blow past everyone 100% of the time nice to see wildig aswell

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:26 am

Naylor was great tonight imo and burke had a decent game effed up a few times but thats expected hes not going to blow past everyone 100% of the time nice to see wildig aswell

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 am

After Naylors performance at Bristol City that i could not ever see me applauding him ever again but i clapped him twice tonight and thought he had a very good game as did Hudson who is nowhere as bad as some people make him out to be :old:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 am

Naylor played well but ive never thought he is as bad as people make out.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree Gwyn, Naylors best game so far :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and no belamy,maybe more confident :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 am

Yes Naylor's best game and thats from 1 of his biggest critics this season plus Burkey stood out from the crowd and Hudson was tidy enough at the back .................. Drinkwater and Blake still look way off the pace for a 1st team return yet and as for Gyepes , Rae , Wildig and Mc Phail then Im afraid its time to call a taxi . Matthews did ok when he came on and is it me or does anybody else notice Keogh's failure to pass the ball to team mates when they have clear runs at goal ?? Parkin is just no nonsense centre forward who is worth every penny of the £100k fee :lol:

But back to the original thread and yes Naylor MOM last nite for me :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:10 am

Considering he was up against an Ex England International in Pennant....Naylor was supurb last night..Lest hope his preformance is a springboard and lets get 6 points in the next 2 games.
City were by the far the better team after 90mins... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:14 am

I disagree on Drinkwater - I thought he did well last night. Nearly all our moves went through him and he worked hard - he's not quite match fit yet. Agreed on Naylor though, he was superb.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am

Agree about Drinkwater, think he just needs the games, he deffo got what it takes, let's hope he can keep fit and get in some playtime. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:14 am

Halifax93 wrote:I disagree on Drinkwater - I thought he did well last night. Nearly all our moves went through him and he worked hard - he's not quite match fit yet. Agreed on Naylor though, he was superb.

Yes i agree on Drinkwater i thought he looked a little rusty early on couple of poor touches and misplaced passes which were not really surprising considering he's been out quite a while. However after the first fifteen minutes he seemed to get stonger and better and one of the main benifits of last night was Drinkwater, Rae and Gypres getting a good run out. We are going to need most members of our squad during the 20 games remaining :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:50 am

Best game?

He stood off Pennant all day... if they'd have pushed it out right more, we'd have been in big trouble.

When he got the ball it was basically hoof it forward...

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:12 am

I think Naylor plays better when he hasn't got the added pressure of Bellamy playing in front of him. I think Bellers gives him a bit of a hard time which makes him panic and leads to mistakes being made. He needs to have a bit more confidence in his own ability which he obviously has going on tonights performance. Well done Lee :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:18 am

sparky.1927 wrote:I think Naylor plays better when he hasn't got the added pressure of Bellamy playing in front of him. I think Bellers gives him a bit of a hard time which makes him panic and leads to mistakes being made. He needs to have a bit more confidence in his own ability which he obviously has going on tonights performance. Well done Lee :ayatollah:

We played Drinkwater, a right sided central midfielder, on the left side of midfield to protect Naylor.

When you have to put players out of position to cover a glaring weakness, there's a problem.

I don't think your point about Bellamy is valid, to be honest. Naylor's hardly a kid, he's been around the game a long time.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 pm

I was starting to think this player is very poor and an inept shift away at Watford had my very annoyed ,I was beginning to think Naylor has lost the plot, However he has battled back admirably and got his act together in recent game, Well done Naylor keep it up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:43 pm

We played Drinkwater, a right sided central midfielder, on the left side of midfield to protect Naylor.

When you have to put players out of position to cover a glaring weakness, there's a problem.

I don't think your point about Bellamy is valid, to be honest. Naylor's hardly a kid, he's been around the game a long time.

and how do you know this, if you noticed drinky was cutting infield all the time and keogh was drifting outwide, from a tactical aspect this was spot on as the stoke back 4 (who are all centrebacks) are not mobile at all.....naylor in fairness to him made some outstanding balls up the line into SPACE, not to feet which when your attacking is always the better option. Pennant was their option on the right, not once did drinky double up with naylor on him, because naylor had his number all night!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:57 pm

I agree it was his best game for us but given how he'd been performing it isn't saying much.

Still makes me nervous every time an opposing player runs at him.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:02 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

and how do you know this, if you noticed drinky was cutting infield all the time and keogh was drifting outwide, from a tactical aspect this was spot on as the stoke back 4 (who are all centrebacks) are not mobile at all.....naylor in fairness to him made some outstanding balls up the line into SPACE, not to feet which when your attacking is always the better option. Pennant was their option on the right, not once did drinky double up with naylor on him, because naylor had his number all night!

Yes, Drinky was cutting inside. Onto his stronger foot. Drinky was also covering back on Pennant a fair bit.... the point being, we weakened Drinky to aid Naylor. It was clear Drinky's best play occured when he moved inside initially with Wildig left.

Whilst Naylor did put some good balls into space as you say, often they were aimless balls with no City player having a remote chance of getting onto them.

Keogh drifting outside, yes. All our forwards do that. even Parkin. Nothing new for the Stoke game.

it wasn't Naylor's worst ever game, I'll grant you that. But if it was his best, it's clear we desparately need a left back.