Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" That should have least been 20 k plus tonight !!! "

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:33 pm

If that was man utd tonight or arsenal tonight that would have been sell out ,

Why cant we fill it against stoke :roll: :roll: :roll:

apart from that bring on the league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: that should have least been 20 k plus tonight !!!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:35 pm

ADAM PRICE wrote:If that was man utd tonight or arsenal tonight that would have been sell out ,

Why cant we fill it against stoke :roll: :roll: :roll:

apart from that bring on the league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Even the price of the tickets should have made the attendance more. Poor turnout really.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 pm

A. Because they're boring
B. Because until about three years ago they were just like us. No... we're not a draw, either!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 pm

mitigating circumstances too, a lot of us do not live out of our parents pockets, money is tight, we have to budget these days to ensure we are not left skint.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:40 pm

hailesy wrote:mitigating circumstances too, a lot of us do not live out of our parents pockets, money is tight, we have to budget these days to ensure we are not left skint.

Are you implying that those that went live out of our parents pockets and don't have to budget??

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 pm

It didn't really bother me to be fair, I still had a laugh whether there were 13k or 23k.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:42 pm

hailesy wrote:mitigating circumstances too, a lot of us do not live out of our parents pockets, money is tight, we have to budget these days to ensure we are not left skint.

so you are saying i live out of my parents pocket you are bit of a joker aint you , before you start making statements like that know your facts mate !!!! :evil:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:42 pm

Television, footballs best friend and biggest enemy. :old:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Its on the internet and s4c.... Stoke reserves is not the same as playing Man-u or anyone.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:46 pm

But would they have gone if it had been Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd/Arsenal/ Spurs etc and it had been £28 Adults and £16 Kids ?

Tonight it was £15 and £5.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33047 :ayatollah:

Re: " That should have least been 20 k plus tonight !!! "

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:49 pm

I heard a lot of people actually spent there money on ale in pubs around Canton instead of going to the game,watched it on TV.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I heard a lot of people actually spent there money on ale in pubs around Canton instead of going to the game,watched it on TV.

I bet it was warmer in the pubs.

Fecking freezing tonight!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Shocking turn out!!! where were the 10,000 plastic fans tonight?...And if the fans used there heads they could have got in for a fiver too! ;) ...there we go tho,roll on satday and a big welcome back to the fairweather supporters !

good to see all the boys standing in the ninian :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

2blue2handle wrote:Its on the internet and s4c.... Stoke reserves is not the same as playing Man-u or anyone.

still out team to support ?? thats what i dont understand :? :?

Dafydd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I heard a lot of people actually spent there money on ale in pubs around Canton instead of going to the game,watched it on TV.

It certainly was Freezing, Dave Jones was ok though, he had his hands in his pockets for 90 mins :lol:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dafydd wrote:

It certainly was Freezing, Dave Jones was ok though, he had his hands in his pockets for 90 mins :lol:

wonder why ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:

But would they have gone if it had been Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd/Arsenal/ Spurs etc and it had been £28 Adults and £16 Kids ?

Tonight it was £15 and £5.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33047 :ayatollah:

not all all Annis, unfortunately money is tight. I would have loved to be there but money is tight, to you £15 is not too bad, but add petrol say £15 thats £30, when you are not well off, whoever the opposition is it hard.
Last edited by hailesy on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 am

good attendance stoke are nothing special it was on tv and considering last years derby game against bristol city in a fa cup reply only attracted 6k odd i think it was a good turnout!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:02 am

Do u mean 120 minutes :P

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:03 am

ADAM PRICE wrote:

so you are saying i live out of my parents pocket you are bit of a joker aint you , before you start making statements like that know your facts mate !!!! :evil:

perhaps Adam, don't come over so condescending in the first place. Apologies if it my reply was a bit terse.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:13 am

3 points on saturday and i'l be happy.
very happy :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:15 am

I was there and i took 6 others with me but to be honest Stoke are not a big attraction and it just didn't feel like a cup tie tonight. I think a full strength side could have won that game because Stoke were poor for long periods but i think Dave Jones got the balance of the side about right we just didn't carry much of a threat in the final third.

If we had played Man Ure or Chelski we probably would have sold out but thats no different to any other fans who turn out for the 'Big Boys'.

We have a much bigger game on Saturday and i would take 3 points there over beating Stoke in the cup any day :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:04 am

i was disappointed with the crowd, did think we would have at least 18.000 / 20,000 there tonight - i know we lost but i had a great night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

bring on watford and lets get back to winning ways :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:28 am

Dafydd wrote:

Last night was one of the coldest I can remember it was bitter.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:31 am

Get used to it people, coz I really believe if we don't go up this year, those sorts of crowd will be the norm next year, really hope i'm wrong, and just hope out bubble keeps rising rather than bursts. :old:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:29 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Dafydd wrote:

Last night was one of the coldest I can remember it was bitter.

What about boxing day? That was crazy cold.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:46 am

13000 was a good crowd.

Stoke are not a pull.

Our star players were not playing.

It was on tv.

The FA Cup is not what it used to be.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Of course they (and I include myself in that list) would have gone if it was Man United or Arsenal but it wasnt, it was Stoke. I have £80 to last me til pay day and had to consider that I could not justify this game when I am skint and I am moving soon. When you see the line up and see that Jones hadnt picked his strongest line up available it is slightly justified.

On that note why was Whittingham rested? Surely you need to be tired to be rested, I understand Ollie being rested but theres no way whittingham was tired after Saturday. He doesnt do any work!

Why oh why oh why wasnt there a man on the post? Man on the post and that header isnt going in.

And if anyone wants to slate me for not going, I dont care. I am being honest. Ive been watching City for 18 years and seen shocking crowds, shocking players and shocking managers and if I decide I cant afford it then I bloody well cant afford it!

I actually love the the FA Cup but Jones and Pulis's team selection saddened me last night.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:33 pm

I gave it a miss due to work committments but arrived home in time to watch the match, just because I didn't attend that does not make me a "plastic" 23 years a season ticket holder and in that time I have missed a handful of home games

The club should look at how they market cup games and this should reflect in offering a further reduced price to season ticket holders on top of the £15, this would I believe put a xtra few thousand on the gate. Kids for a quid might have helped!

The club charged £8 for Burton and there was barely 6000 there, the club reduced prices last season for the Wurzels and Leicester and we managed to get 17000 combined for both games.

January is a difficult enough month financially for those working and with a mortgage & bills to pay and being honest Stoke is hardly a big draw. 13000 is not a bad crowd considering this especially as S4C decided to show it live.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:41 pm

I think some people need to chill out. Instead of fussing about plastic fans, attendances, the other message board, Sam Hammam coming back etc. Just chill out and enjoy the football ffs :lol:

Seriously though, you moan when we have a big crowd that its full of plastics, then you moan when we have a small crowd and there are no plastics. you can't win.