Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Defender Signs - Daily Mail !

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:26 pm

Dekel Keinan has signed according to the Daily Mail.
Bottom of article on Jay Emmanuel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -loan.html?

Goodbye Arsenal... hello Cardiff! Jay Emmanuel-Thomas joins Bluebirds on loan deal
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER Last updated at 11:13 PM on 18th January 2011

Arsenal youngster Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has joined Cardiff City on loan until the end of the season.
Thomas, who also attracted interest from Blackburn, Ipswich and QPR, revealed the news on his Twitter account on Tuesday afternoon and the deal was confirmed by the Bluebirds shortly afterwards.
The club's website revealed: 'Cardiff City Football Club are pleased to announce that an agreement has been made with Arsenal to sign Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on loan until the end of the 2010/11 season.'

On the move: Emmanuel-Thomas (left) has agreed to join Cardiff on loan
The 21-year-old striker tweeted: 'Off on loan today ... Bye Arsenal ... Hello Cardiff City !!!'
Emmanuel-Thomas, skipper of Arsenal's FA Youth Cup-winning side in 2009, has been capped by England at both Under 17 and Under 19 levels.
The powerfully built Londoner has scored 10 goals in nine appearances for the Arsenal reserves this season, and is set to be included in Dave Jones's squad for Cardiff's Championship clash with Watford on Saturday.
Cardiff have also signed Blackpool defender Dekel Keinan.
The Israeli is heading for Cardiff after landing a two-and-a-half year deal and the promise of a £100,000 bonus, if he can help them win promotion this season.
The 25-year old Blackpool centre-back, signed last summer from Maccabi Haifa on a 12-month contract with an option for a further season, is undergoing a medical after agreeing terms.

Cardiff have also signed Blackpool defender Dekel Keinan.
The Israeli is heading for Cardiff after landing a two-and-a-half year deal and the promise of a £100,000 bonus, if he can help them win promotion this season.
The 25-year old Blackpool centre-back, signed last summer from Maccabi Haifa on a 12-month contract with an option for a further season, is undergoing a medical after agreeing terms.

Re: Defender Signs - Daily Mail !

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:30 pm

good enough, well done jones

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:32 pm

i hope this is true!! i really do!! to be honest now we have the arsenal youngster, this defender and hopefully keep bothroyd i will be over the moon!! :ayatollah:

just read that again seems like they are pretty certain we signed this centre back!! :ayatollah:
Last edited by brewer918 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:32 pm

kool says sod all on any other sites tho. prob hear more 2moz :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:33 pm

wow happy days, u sneaky bugger Mr Jones :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:33 pm

He was in the side that play Sunderland , didnt think much of him when I see him in that game.
Guess you have to give him a chance anyway.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:16 am

played 4 times in the league for blackpool

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:40 am

I'd be well happy about signing Keinen! Experienced, strong and pacey! Dont think he'd have much trouble dropping to the championship standard! Especially with his international and champions league experience with Israel and macabi Haifa respectively.... :ayatollah: