Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Pitch

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:01 pm

looks a mess again :roll:

Re: The Pitch

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:looks a mess again :roll:

Luke, plenty of areas were in a TERRIBLE STATE.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:14 pm

There were a lot of star-shaped muddy areas on the pitch, it was awful.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 pm

I did hear they were having more issues with the nematode worms, because the weather has become milder and wetter.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Damned Yank wrote:I did hear they were having more issues with the nematode worms, because the weather has become milder and wetter.

There are some problems occurring again.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:22 pm

it is clear the rugby does not help we had a lovely pitch over ninian

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:24 pm

valleyrambill wrote:it is clear the rugby does not help we had a lovely pitch over ninian

Correct, I said this 2 years ago, before we ever moved in there, I got slaughtered for it lol.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Why can't they borrow the lights for turf growth from the millennium stadium? It's only down the road, not far 2 transport them!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:35 pm

valleyrambill wrote:it is clear the rugby does not help we had a lovely pitch over ninian

The pitch wasn't that good at ninan, the players used to complain about it and couldn't wait to get to the new stadium for the pitch.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Dafydd wrote:There were a lot of star-shaped muddy areas on the pitch, it was awful.

I think the star shapes were where the teams were warming up. I may be wrong though?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Claire wrote:
Dafydd wrote:There were a lot of star-shaped muddy areas on the pitch, it was awful.

I think the star shapes were where the teams were warming up. I may be wrong though?

:oops: My bad if it was, it looked awful though.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Dafydd wrote:
Claire wrote:

:oops: My bad if it was, it looked awful though.

I'm not totally sure, to be fair. The pitch was really bad though, and will probably get worse.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:54 pm

They deffo need the grow lights, a few more doors kicked in up here in the Valleys and they should have enough to string something together. ;)

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Correct, I said this 2 years ago, before we ever moved in there, I got slaughtered for it lol.

I've asked the same question on pretty much every thread I've seen about the pitch state over the last year or so.

If rugby is the problem then why don't Swansea have the same problem? They won an award for their pitch last year.

No one seems to have an answer, rugby seems to be the common thing to get the blame.

Is it bad because of the UV lights that we don't have? The worms/bacteria? Or are our groundsman just not very good?

This is a genuine question, not trying to be awkward for the sake of it by asking this question again. Our pitch has been substandard since last winter and it looks like nothing has been done about it.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:15 am

The rugby doesnt help but to me its just not being looked after properly...they say they dont have the equipment but surely this should have been bought as a "must have" when we moved in

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:04 am

the sooner the bloody rugby is from there the better.Lets have the chance of a decent pitch for christs sake!! :x :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:07 am

looked even worse on the "giant" screen too, egg chasers and parasites f*cking up our pitch...DJ OUT!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:37 am

From the recent Trust meeting with club

Cardiff City Stadium
There are likely to be further developments in and around the ground over the coming months. One member suggested we have a 'Next Fixture' display board erected near the stadium to advertise football and rugby fixtures. The club says it hopes to place the boards, similar to the ones we used to have at Ninian Park, either side of the memorial gates on Sloper Road by the start of next season. It was also suggested that the club should get high powered artificial lights to help the grass grow inside our stadium. This equipment apparently costs some £300,000 and the cost is simply prohibitive at the moment. You know, we ask this question every time we meet the club so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:41 am

You got to feel sorry for anyone trying to play football on that cabbage patch - it must be murder especially for a ball player