Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Peter Walton a qualified referee???

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:58 pm

In my view he is either blind, inept or bent as a butchers hook. He gave us absolutely nothing tonight. That was the most one sided refereeing performance I have seen in many a year and I have seen a lot of football in my time. The linesmen were equally as bad. In fact I would go as far as to say we were not playing against 11 men out there tonight but 14 men would be a more accurate description. Apart from that it was a dire game and of no use to us at all apart from confirming that a few of our players are either not good enough or off the pace. Roll on Saturday be nice to see Bellamy, McNaughton, and hopefully Bothroyd back. I thought Drinkwater was quite good tonight and far better as an attacking midfielder than a defensive one. Wildig I am afraid while steady is a little lightweight and needs to be loaned out for a while. Hudson, Gyepes and Naylor all had good games as well. Matthews is far better suited to a wide right midfield role than defence. I don't think Blake played at all well today and needs to improve. Again I would loan him out to get him game time. keogh is not a striker and just does not know how to run the channels and would be far better suited sitting in the hole behind the striker or strikers or wide left. Chops and Burke ran their socks off. Parkin is a big lump and was wasted really as he is not very mobile and needed Chopra alongside not Keogh. So to me it made no sense to take Parkin off instead of Keogh unless he was injured or tired out. McPhail went off injured, hope it's nothing serious, but he walked off so prolly a tweak. Heaton didn't have much to do all game even though we lost. That said we are out of the cup and maybe thats a good thing. let's get back on track Saturday with a victory.

Re: Is Peter Walton a qualified referee???

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:04 pm

I have to agree im not bothered about being out of the cup hate losing to those scumbags stoke but we can now concentrate on the league with our small squad.

Though wildig did ok as drinkwater when he was on Mathews when he came on and Rae did well first half and even Naylor did ok great going forward.

But the ref was poor he shit out in giving a penalty at the end that was a clear penalty as Chops was brought down and there were some dodgy tackles going in from stoke not punnished the list is endless

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:27 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I have to agree im not bothered about being out of the cup hate losing to those scumbags stoke but we can now concentrate on the league with our small squad.

Though wildig did ok as drinkwater when he was on Mathews when he came on and Rae did well first half and even Naylor did ok great going forward.

But the ref was poor he shit out in giving a penalty at the end that was a clear penalty as Chops was brought down and there were some dodgy tackles going in from stoke not punnished the list is endless

not even close to being a penalty when you look at it again.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:47 am

valleyrambill wrote:I have to agree im not bothered about being out of the cup hate losing to those scumbags stoke but we can now concentrate on the league with our small squad.

The worst thing the ref missed and the idiot lino was when Blake was nearly knocked into the crowd,somehow they got a throw in god knows how. I too thought Wildig was good,its hard to say whether Naylor played well as Pennant was so bad

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:57 am

I have been one of Naylors biggest critics but to be fair Dave Jones has stuck by him and I think he has turned the corner, just need consistency from him. Also saw Dave Jones put an arm around Matthews shoulder after ninety minutes giving the lad encouragement - nice to see.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Three times ive seen him down cardiff
leeds in 2007
sheffield united this season
last night
and hes been shit all three, worse ref ever :twisted:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:38 pm

When I saw his name I said to my boy we'll get nothing off him and yet again he gave a thoroughly incompetent performance. I can't stand the way he laughs and jokes with the players like he is one of them. Nothing wrong with a ref talking with the players, but he so obviously thinks he should be as big part of it as they are. Totally inept every time I see him and how is still reffing in the prem shows how bad some of them are there.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 pm

He bottled the decision where Parkin was tripped in the area in the 2nd half aswell. Anywhere else on the pitch that would of been given as a foul. Premier League ref - what a joke!!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Stavross wrote:He bottled the decision where Parkin was tripped in the area in the 2nd half aswell. Anywhere else on the pitch that would of been given as a foul. Premier League ref - what a joke!!

Couldn't beleieve that one - there were four defenders on him, all having a piece of him and Walton just turned around and ran away.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 pm

He was never going to give free kicks and penalties against his 'chums' that he referees every week in the Premiership is he?! Those lot are thick as thieves. Paranoia? Probably! :D

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:28 pm

Seen worse.

Looks a bit portly, maybe he's due a retirement.