Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Same old Dave Jones making excuses....

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:49 pm

Same old Dave Jones making excuses "a few players haven't played for a while and there was a little bit of tiredness and fatigue, and then the concentration goes". What about Stoke's reserves then? I didn't see them getting tired despite some of them not playing a first team game for months? And don't get me started on us unable to defend once again, how many free headers did Stoke have from corners?

Re: Same old Dave Jones making excuses....

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Stoke have a reserve team that play regularly in the premier league reserve league, we don't. It's understandable that they got tired, when was the last time Rae played 90 mins let alone 120?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Who gives a shit? The FA Cup was a distraction and I'm glad we're out. Jones can make all the excuses he want. It's the Championship only now!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:55 pm

give over, its only the fa cup. glad we r out, lets put all our energy into gettting to the premiership

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:57 pm

i thought we done well against stoke. Im not glad we are out but im not gonna lose sleep over it . Well done lads for tonights performance and well done for Dave Jones playing the youngsters. Now lets kick on and win this f*cking league !!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Same old Dave Jones making excuses "a few players haven't played for a while and there was a little bit of tiredness and fatigue, and then the concentration goes". What about Stoke's reserves then? I didn't see them getting tired despite some of them not playing a first team game for months? And don't get me started on us unable to defend once again, how many free headers did Stoke have from corners?

Sorry but what a pointless thread!

Try 3 hours of defense against premiership side and no goals against us?

Thats a positive in my book.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Apart from Tuncays goal ;)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 pm

I don't care that we lost and got knocked out, the thing that concerns me is DJ's interview was a copy of his post match interview against Norwich, he makes the same excuses. However tired the players were, switching off and conceding from a basic corner is not good enough and these defensive mistakes will cost us automatic promotion. If we were a good team, we would have kept a clean sheet and taken the game to penalties, but we are always a soft touch.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Hudson and Gypes was outstanding, Blake gave away a tired/lazy corner,in which we conceded our first goal,the second goal was also down to tiredness, to pick on Jones is wrong, there was only one team out there who tried to play football with the ball on the deck,that was us and it was a penalty when Chops was brought down, the referee, in my opinion gave everything to the premier league side, and Jones had the right to moan, bring on Watford :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:05 pm

I'm quite happy with how we played. Even Naylor was decent :lol:

The ref helped Stoke win that game. Cest la vie. But if we continue to play like that, with guts and determination, we'll do well.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:09 pm

I do not like Jones but as he is our manager will support him but the point being made is we should have a reserve team and I totally agree as all the best teams have reserves and would do our squad players and youngsters coming through a big benfit but Jones wont have it why? seems daft to me and that was the point Jones can not complain that players are unfit or tired as they havent played as if they had a reserves team then those excuses would not be there

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:11 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Same old Dave Jones making excuses "a few players haven't played for a while and there was a little bit of tiredness and fatigue, and then the concentration goes". What about Stoke's reserves then? I didn't see them getting tired despite some of them not playing a first team game for months? And don't get me started on us unable to defend once again, how many free headers did Stoke have from corners?

Personally I thought we played as well as Stoke, But Dave Jones keeps saying how tired our players are after a loss, well you know the answer Jones, a RESERVE TEAM PLEASE :D

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:12 pm

you can't really have a go at Jones here! We took a premiership team to extra time, with our reserves!

I actually give the man kudos for the way he managed the tie, and I am on the record several times in the last week referring to him as a fool. :lol:

So here, to make it crystal - well done Jones! Today, you lose the fool tag. Temporarily at least.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Personally I thought we played as well as Stoke, But Dave Jones keeps saying how tired our players are after a loss, well you know the answer Jones, a RESERVE TEAM PLEASE :D

Annis, you talk sense.

Question out of interest: How much do you think it would cost to run a reserve team? Half a mill a year? Basically just paying for transport and digs right?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Damned Yank wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, you talk sense.

Question out of interest: How much do you think it would cost to run a reserve team? Half a mill a year? Basically just paying for transport and digs right?

Not more than the cost of the coach travel really 10 away games by £500.
They dont go to hotels etc
You put some youth players in, Bench players, Squad players and DEF Players coming back from injuries. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Makes it even more of a no-brainer :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: . What reasoning has he given for not doing it?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Makes it even more of a no-brainer :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: . What reasoning has he given for not doing it?

Nothing to do with money, Dave Jones, Says HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN RESERVE TEAMS.
Prob one of the only football Managers around who has that belief :roll:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:31 pm

How can jones not believe in it Annis when all the best teams have reserves and maybe just maybe Riggot would have had a few reserves games in before playing for the first team I really do not understand Jones on this one at all

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:32 pm

This is my concern, DJ is blaming tiredness on players making mistakes and the reason some players are tired is because they are not match fit, as they don't have a reserve team to play for. It's ridiculous and the likes of Koumas have no chance in doing anything for us this season as he won't get adequate game time.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:Makes it even more of a no-brainer :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: . What reasoning has he given for not doing it?

Nothing to do with money, Dave Jones, Says HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN RESERVE TEAMS.
Prob one of the only football Managers around who has that belief :roll:

Jones... Just when you think you've heard it all... BAM!

He hits you with another dose of foolishness! :lol:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 pm

How was it an excuse, you must have been blind if you couldnt see they were fucked, how many other top flight clubs like Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea fail to deal with Stoke in the air. Get real FFS

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:52 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

How was it an excuse, you must have been blind if you couldnt see they were fucked, how many other top flight clubs like Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea fail to deal with Stoke in the air. Get real FFS

Well they shouldn't be fucked! They train regularly and are paid thousands of pounds a week to keep fit, but then our manager fails to bother with a reserve team and then blames players tiredness on mistakes being made? Did we have a Delap long throw to deal with tonight? Did we have Shawcross and Kenwyne Jones to deal with in the air tonight?

Stoke were there for the taking, we matched them tonight and it was the classic 0-0, but as usual, we give away a sloppy goal from a corner. It happens too often because we are a soft touch, and as soon as we go a goal down we all know we're not going to come back.

Don't let our last few games fool you. We have taken the lead in our past few games (tonight aside). We are fine when we take the lead usually, it's when we go a goal behind we struggle and with the sloppy goals we continually concede, I worry we will go a goal down once too often and miss out on promotion.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:00 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Well they shouldn't be fucked! They train regularly and are paid thousands of pounds a week to keep fit, but then our manager fails to bother with a reserve team and then blames players tiredness on mistakes being made? Did we have a Delap long throw to deal with tonight? Did we have Shawcross and Kenwyne Jones to deal with in the air tonight?

Stoke were there for the taking, we matched them tonight and it was the classic 0-0, but as usual, we give away a sloppy goal from a corner. It happens too often because we are a soft touch, and as soon as we go a goal down we all know we're not going to come back.

Don't let our last few games fool you. We have taken the lead in our past few games (tonight aside). We are fine when we take the lead usually, it's when we go a goal behind we struggle and with the sloppy goals we continually concede, I worry we will go a goal down once too often and miss out on promotion.

DJ didnt get rid of reserves, finances did. Premiership fitness is far superior to championship. We had Burke, Hudson, Heaton, Naylor regular first teamers, if anyone was at fault for the goals it was Heaton. But hey ho, it was a cup game a distraction from the importance of the league.