Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " NEW SIGNING CONFIRMED "

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Great Signing/Quality, The down side is, as its ANOTHER LOAN SIGNING on a MATCH DAY, if All loan Signings were fit, One of them Could not be named on a Match day and would have to sit in the stands.
Please No more loan signings.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:50 pm

best thing about this signing is no one predicted it thats the best way keep it under wraps until a done deal some people never satisfied lots calling for eager hungry to play signings when we get one they allgo negative cant have too many strikers re injuries bans loss of form goals scored win matches im not saying im happy with defence but 2 weeks 2 go yet lets all be patient (by the way im no dave jones supporterbut were stuck with him )so come on lets all stick together and be positive we are all so very lucky to be supporters of the greatest club in the world cardiff city just think we could be from manchester or liverpool or london how sick would we be then ugh ugh

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great Signing/Quality, The down side is, as its ANOTHER LOAN SIGNING on a MATCH DAY, if All loan Signings were fit, One of them Could not be named on a Match day and would have to sit in the stands.

end of koumas if you ask me but he will also cover bellamy when bellamy can't play :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great Signing/Quality, The down side is, as its ANOTHER LOAN SIGNING on a MATCH DAY, if All loan Signings were fit, One of them Could not be named on a Match day and would have to sit in the stands.

DJ has give up on Koumas in my opinion.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Magners wrote:

DJ has give up on Koumas in my opinion.

i think that to

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:04 pm

wenger said he started out as left back then centre back then centre midfield then left sided striker/winger he finished up saying very talented boy who will allways score goals could be the attacking left back we all calling for but time will tell come on you bloobirds

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:11 pm

I am surprised. But welcome to the club Jay :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:20 pm

The Douce wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:hes a kid! we dont need kids, we need experienced players who have been there and done it to give us some steel and leadership! Hes a top prospect but at this moment in time he is not a priority! I hope we have a few more players coming in, on permanent transfers, who fit this mould otherwise I fear we are missing a prime opportunity to strengthen in areas we have proven to be week! ANy chance of a left back any time soon or are we just going to keep buying strikers???

haha how can u say that, have you not seen the arsenal squad....they are all kids and look at the football they are playing !!

JET can play anywhere up the left or down the middle. great player

yea lets sign more has beens like koumas...idiot. he's a great player and been a captain since he was 16, good scoring record for reserves too

if youre going to resort to insults why dont you join another board. My personal opinion is that i cant see why we are now signing so many attackers when our defence is so poor and the fact is he is an unproven kid! Its not the signing i was hoping to see at this stage of the season! If you read my post properly i was advocating signing a hard, experienced pro who gives us leadership and puts his foot in and keeps the ball, not someone like Koumas!! More in the mould of Shawn Derry or Michael Brown! We have plenty of flair, technically good players but not enough guts and bottle when the going gets tough! This kid looks very good and i wish him all the best, i just hope DJ has more up his sleeve than just adding attackers as our squad is very inbalanced and this is a prime opportunity to sort it! Also, as youre so thrilled with this signing where is he going to play ??? we need someone to come into the first 11 not another person to warm the bench!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Very pleased with this - he's verastile and quality.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q-O9O2KN2g JET :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:27 pm

He played against us last season,didn't he. Either that or I saw him on Tv. I thought he was quite impassive.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:28 pm

bluebird58 wrote:He played against us last season,didn't he. Either that or I saw him on Tv. I thought he was quite impassive.

yea donny came down here he played against us :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Holy crap another loan signing. Unless jones and VT got a plan we'll go up and come straight back because half of our squad will have gone back to their clubs.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:33 pm

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2011/ ... loan-move/

Good signing IMO and I suspect that James Vaughan will not now be coming to Cardiff! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Im glad hes on loan, it means we got 2 attack minded players at a cost of 100k so the rest of budgrt might get used on cb/lb maybe it was DJs plan to spend money on defence and use loans to add depth to an already talented front end

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:39 pm

In my opinion the only way Arsenal would agree to the loan is him playing in a forward position.

Think this signing may indicate Jay going.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Gooners viewpoint

I find it hilarious that NOT ONE PL manager picked him up. In fact, the reason a few of these teams are struggling near the foot of the league is because they lack a deadly striker to finish their chances off. The reason this loan took so long to materialise was because we were waiting for a PL club to make a move for his services but it never came about for the strangest of reasons. However, Cardiff have themselves a gem of a player who, if Dave Jones uses him correctly, will pretty much guarantee they are plying their trade in the top flight next season. As for the PL managers? Well they’ve missed a trick here and three of them will live to regret it. He will DEFINITELY get goals wherever he goes as long he’s played in an advanced position and people don’t f**k with him and play him in defensive roles coz that clearly isn’t what JET has been for the best part of three/four years now. The kid is a born winner and most of you will know that this is something that cannot be coached. He epitomised the spirit and determination of our oh so successful youth side from a couple of years ago and blatantly carried/saved that side on more than a few occasions. Im literally dumbfounded with some of the shit i hear about this kid from so-called Gooners and the way he hasn’t EVER got the break he so rightly deserves.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:02 pm

corky wrote:Gooners viewpoint

I find it hilarious that NOT ONE PL manager picked him up. In fact, the reason a few of these teams are struggling near the foot of the league is because they lack a deadly striker to finish their chances off. The reason this loan took so long to materialise was because we were waiting for a PL club to make a move for his services but it never came about for the strangest of reasons. However, Cardiff have themselves a gem of a player who, if Dave Jones uses him correctly, will pretty much guarantee they are plying their trade in the top flight next season. As for the PL managers? Well they’ve missed a trick here and three of them will live to regret it. He will DEFINITELY get goals wherever he goes as long he’s played in an advanced position and people don’t f**k with him and play him in defensive roles coz that clearly isn’t what JET has been for the best part of three/four years now. The kid is a born winner and most of you will know that this is something that cannot be coached. He epitomised the spirit and determination of our oh so successful youth side from a couple of years ago and blatantly carried/saved that side on more than a few occasions. Im literally dumbfounded with some of the shit i hear about this kid from so-called Gooners and the way he hasn’t EVER got the break he so rightly deserves.

Sounds like a cracking signing and a direct replacement for Bothroyd to me. bent has just signed for Villa in the last few minutes, that to me signals Jay Bothroyds departure to Sunderland. Hope not but beginning to look like it.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:03 pm

bluebird58 wrote:He played against us last season,didn't he. Either that or I saw him on Tv. I thought he was quite impassive.

Yes for Donny I think

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:43 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Pretty excited TBH. Think it will add more depth.

Do agree though that we at least one CB to replace Hudson.

This is from Bothroyds Twitter.

jaybothroyd

Good signing!!!

Hudson does not need to be replaced :evil:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:56 pm

We have not struggled to score goals this season.

but we leak them like a sieve!!

this lad has obviously progressed up the pitch as he has got bigger
and stronger, so I dont see him as a left back or centre half.

Looks a great player. But we need defenders and a BALL-WINNING MIDFIELDER MORE!

not going to criticise, cos this one is right out the blue. I will give Jones credit for
one thing, he doesnt give much away about players if he can help it until the deal
is done. So I'll cross my fingers that the defenders he is looking at are of this quality!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:58 pm

He slipped under everyones radar
However if he's not injured we don't want him, he will simply show upthe rest of our squad :)
Seriously thou, will we have any players next season should we fail to get promoted? Half our team are on loan!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:03 pm

Welshpaul wrote:In my opinion the only way Arsenal would agree to the loan is him playing in a forward position.

Think this signing may indicate Jay going.

We can play him wherever we want :lol: Clubs don't agree on that sort of thing. ;)

Bluebird1962 wrote:

Yes for Donny I think

No he didn't play against us, perhaps you are thinking of the FA cup game he played for Arsenal against Stoke? He was good in that.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Just had a natter with me mate in london. He reckons this lad is dynamite.

Brilliant bit of business in my opinion. Vaughan is injury prone, hell of a gamble
spending £1m on him. This kid looks like he could take the piss in this division!!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:18 pm

thats a great signing even if it is a loan! all we need now is a defender or 2 & we are on our way!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:25 pm

an excellent signing very good young player :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 pm

And We Beat QPR for him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Arsenal and QPR in talks over loan move for the Gunners' teenage midfielder Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
By MEL HENDERSON Last updated at 5:56 PM on 21st October 2010

Championship leaders QPR want to reinforce their squad with the loan capture of Arsenal teenager Jay Emmanuel-Thomas.

Manager Neil Warnock is in negotiations with counterpart Arsene Wenger to see if a deal can be struck for the 19-year-old midfielder.

Agreement could even be reached in time for Emmanuel-Thomas to be included in Rangers' squad for Friday night's live-on-Sky clash at bottom club Bristol City.

In demand: Arsenal teenager Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (right)

Warnock's men remain top of the table but have seen their lead eroded to just two points after a run of just one win and three goalless draws in their last four outings.

The young Londoner was the Gunners' FA Youth Cup-winning captain in 2009 but has so far made just two senior appearances.

He started the Gunners' FA Cup fourth round defeat at Stoke in January this year and was a late substitute in the 2-0 Carling Cup defeat by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge earlier this month.

Emmanuel-Thomas, of whom Wenger has said 'He can play anywhere', gained valuable experience in two loan spells at Championship level last season.

He started the campaign with Premiership-bound Blackpool, scoring once in 12 appearances, and finished it with Doncaster, for whom he played 14 times and netted five goals.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:And We Beat QPR for him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Arsenal and QPR in talks over loan move for the Gunners' teenage midfielder Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
By MEL HENDERSON Last updated at 5:56 PM on 21st October 2010

Championship leaders QPR want to reinforce their squad with the loan capture of Arsenal teenager Jay Emmanuel-Thomas.

Manager Neil Warnock is in negotiations with counterpart Arsene Wenger to see if a deal can be struck for the 19-year-old midfielder.

Agreement could even be reached in time for Emmanuel-Thomas to be included in Rangers' squad for Friday night's live-on-Sky clash at bottom club Bristol City.

In demand: Arsenal teenager Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (right)

Warnock's men remain top of the table but have seen their lead eroded to just two points after a run of just one win and three goalless draws in their last four outings.

The young Londoner was the Gunners' FA Youth Cup-winning captain in 2009 but has so far made just two senior appearances.

He started the Gunners' FA Cup fourth round defeat at Stoke in January this year and was a late substitute in the 2-0 Carling Cup defeat by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge earlier this month.

Emmanuel-Thomas, of whom Wenger has said 'He can play anywhere', gained valuable experience in two loan spells at Championship level last season.

He started the campaign with Premiership-bound Blackpool, scoring once in 12 appearances, and finished it with Doncaster, for whom he played 14 times and netted five goals.

any truth of the daily mail article regarding the new centre back annis?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:49 am

new to this forum which i think is great by the way, interesting to have a decent debate with fellow city fans :)

i personaly believe this is a great singing, easy on the finanical side since its a loan deal plus this kid is a real talent, the future of arsenal, ge got it all but time will tell obviously, time to focus on defence get in a centre back and a left back.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:33 am

BluebirdChris wrote:new to this forum which i think is great by the way, interesting to have a decent debate with fellow city fans :)

i personaly believe this is a great singing, easy on the finanical side since its a loan deal plus this kid is a real talent, the future of arsenal, ge got it all but time will tell obviously, time to focus on defence get in a centre back and a left back.

Welcome on board Chris :ayatollah: :ayatollah: