Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NEW SIGNING CONFIRMED "

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas joins Cardiff City on loan

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has joined Championship side Cardiff City until the end of the 2010/2011 season.

The 2009 Youth Cup winning captain, 20, has scored ten times in just nine appearances for the Arsenal Reserves this term, including a hat trick against West Ham’s second string – his second in successive seasons against the Hammers.

Jay’s performances have earned him first-team appearances in the Premier League, Champions League and Carling Cup this term and he will look to continue his excellent form with Dave Jones’ side, as they bid for promotion to the Premier League.

Last season, he cut his teeth at senior level with loan spells at Blackpool and Doncaster Rovers, and a debut for Arsène Wenger’s first team against Stoke City in the FA Cup Fourth Round.

Jay, who joined Arsenal at just eight years old, was a feature of Steve Bould’s Academy side for some years, captaining the Under-18s at just 16, and leading them to an FA Youth Cup and Academy League double in 2009. He signed professional terms in July 2008 and a new long-term contract in December 2009.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Jay the best of luck for his time with Cardiff City.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: NEW SIGNING CONFIRMED

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:24 pm

Seems like a great signing - very talented versatile youngster who is improving all the time

Genuinely excited by this :ayatollah:

Re: NEW SIGNING CONFIRMED

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:32 pm

ive seen him play- hes quality. :ayatollah:

Re: " NEW SIGNING CONFIRMED "

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:37 pm

is he a good Centre back ??????????????
please tell me hes not another striker ????

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:39 pm

What's his best position?

hope i dont get a slating for this .

i have supported arsenal since birth, i started supporting city about 3 years ago, because they are my local team, well it was between swansea and cardiff, easy decision for me :D

Onto emmanual Thomas, he's a great player with great potential. very big, not fat though more muscle. unlike a certain mr.parkin :lol: seen him play in FA cup games, and i've seen him in a few reserve games.

He's going to be a great addition to the team :ayatollah:

The Premier 1 wrote:is he a good Centre back ??????????????

I'm afraid so.

I don't see the point of this signing. We've just signed Parkin and Bothroyd has pledged himself until the end of the season at least. :?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Frantic wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:is he a good Centre back ??????????????

I'm afraid so.

I don't see the point of this signing. We've just signed Parkin and Bothroyd has pledged himself until the end of the season at least. :?

i agree. but he's good cover incase bothroyd's "niggling" injury gets the better of him :roll:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:44 pm

yess what a signing, he can play centre back, defensive midfield, central midfield, attacking midfield and striker :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D

he can basically play every position on the field except in goals, quality signing.

He is quite skillful as well see link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZixaQA5CGw

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:45 pm

jbirdrules wrote:yess what a signing, he can play centre back, defensive midfield, central midfield, attacking midfield and striker :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D

all on his own :o

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 pm

WTF!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt he is an excellent player with a bright future but why the hell are we signing another striker and using up one of our loan places?????? We are strong in attack so I would have thought signing a defender, or centre mid was a priority! I can only think that we have signed him as we know that one of our strikers will leave, otherwise where will he play?

If we dont sell any of our strikers then I really cant see the point! If we reach the end of January without any new defenders or centre mids joining us then in my mind its official, Dave Jones is mental!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -reserves-

We have been looking at strikers (Vaughan) so its no surprise really?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Sounds a good signing...

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/jay-emmanuel-thomas-joins-cardiff-on-loan

Let's not be too critical. We need to wait until the end of Jan to see the complete picture with regards to our defense.
Last edited by RobP on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:WTF!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt he is an excellent player with a bright future but why the hell are we signing another striker and using up one of our loan places?????? We are strong in attack so I would have thought signing a defender, or centre mid was a priority! I can only think that we have signed him as we know that one of our strikers will leave, otherwise where will he play?

If we dont sell any of our strikers then I really cant see the point! If we reach the end of January without any new defenders or centre mids joining us then in my mind its official, Dave Jones is mental!

he can play midfield and defense.

carm heads

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:WTF!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt he is an excellent player with a bright future but why the hell are we signing another striker and using up one of our loan places?????? We are strong in attack so I would have thought signing a defender, or centre mid was a priority! I can only think that we have signed him as we know that one of our strikers will leave, otherwise where will he play?

When Watford score 4 on saturday, with JET's help we may score 5.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm

hes a kid! we dont need kids, we need experienced players who have been there and done it to give us some steel and leadership! Hes a top prospect but at this moment in time he is not a priority! I hope we have a few more players coming in, on permanent transfers, who fit this mould otherwise I fear we are missing a prime opportunity to strengthen in areas we have proven to be week! ANy chance of a left back any time soon or are we just going to keep buying strikers???

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:He is quite skillful as well see link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZixaQA5CGw

let's hope he can show a few more of those tricks in the championship!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Pretty excited TBH. Think it will add more depth.

Do agree though that we at least one CB to replace Hudson.

This is from Bothroyds Twitter.

jaybothroyd

Good signing!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 pm

fair play that youtube goal is outrageous :o :o :o Ill take it all back if he scores a few like that for us

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:01 pm

He has previously played as a fullback, winger, cm and up front. A versatile addition who will no doubt be mainly used as a winger.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm sure I'm right in saying he''s played a few games from the wing due to his speed?

Maybe he's been our cover winger / another backup striker. Upgrade from Keogh nonetheless, which is what the transfer window is about. And due to his age he may come under a youth loan?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:04 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:I'm sure I'm right in saying he''s played a few games from the wing due to his speed?

Maybe he's been our cover winger / another backup striker. Upgrade from Keogh nonetheless, which is what the transfer window is about. And due to his age he may come under a youth loan?

yea he does come under the youth loan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm

scored ten in nine for the reserves, whats his record for blackpool and donny lik?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:hes a kid! we dont need kids, we need experienced players who have been there and done it to give us some steel and leadership! Hes a top prospect but at this moment in time he is not a priority! I hope we have a few more players coming in, on permanent transfers, who fit this mould otherwise I fear we are missing a prime opportunity to strengthen in areas we have proven to be week! ANy chance of a left back any time soon or are we just going to keep buying strikers???

haha how can u say that, have you not seen the arsenal squad....they are all kids and look at the football they are playing !!

JET can play anywhere up the left or down the middle. great player

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:10 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Pretty excited TBH. Think it will add more depth.

jaybothroyd

Good signing!!!

Why replace our best defender this season? Need someone to play alongside him so McNaughton can play left back.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:10 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:hes a kid! we dont need kids, we need experienced players who have been there and done it to give us some steel and leadership! Hes a top prospect but at this moment in time he is not a priority! I hope we have a few more players coming in, on permanent transfers, who fit this mould otherwise I fear we are missing a prime opportunity to strengthen in areas we have proven to be week! ANy chance of a left back any time soon or are we just going to keep buying strikers???

haha how can u say that, have you not seen the arsenal squad....they are all kids and look at the football they are playing !!

JET can play anywhere up the left or down the middle. great player

yea lets sign more has beens like koumas...idiot. he's a great player and been a captain since he was 16, good scoring record for reserves too

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:26 pm

maccydee wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Pretty excited TBH. Think it will add more depth.

jaybothroyd

Good signing!!!

Why replace our best defender this season? Need someone to play alongside him so McNaughton can play left back.

Just my opinion. Iv never been a big fan of Hudson, Iv seen milk turn quicker than him. Id rather play Blake and Gypes!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:48 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Emmanuel-Thomas