Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

mn of harlech myth

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:27 pm

i dont wanna believe it http://www.rorkesdriftvc.com/myths/myths.htm

Re: mn of harlech myth

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:29 pm

i wanna read it......but lest it be far too long for me eyes ;)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:30 pm

History is all about opinions and just because Warwickshire Lads was the regimental song it doesn't necessarily mean it would have been used. I think this guy just has penis envy about us Welsh having a more appropriate and rousing war song! :D

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:35 pm

lagerlewis wrote:i dont wanna believe it http://www.rorkesdriftvc.com/myths/myths.htm

i read it,and its bollocks,there claimming michael caine is a liar,no chance :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:54 pm

The Truth may hurt, But there again england claim that Argincourt was a great english vicorty by english bowmen
Infact most of the Archers was Welsh bowmen, that were from The Royal house of Gwynedd , and other places in Wales.
Welsh bowmen were the finest bowmen of there time. and that is where the 2 fingers V or the f**k off comes from.
The Welshbowmen would put up 2 fingers to the people they were going to fire on, to show them they could fire there bows.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:54 pm

krab wrote:
lagerlewis wrote:i dont wanna believe it http://www.rorkesdriftvc.com/myths/myths.htm

i read it,and its bollocks,there claimming michael caine is a liar,no chance :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am Michael Caine... and I am not a bloody liar!

Michael Caine, circa 2011.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Zabier wrote:
krab wrote:

I am Michael Caine... and I am not a bloody liar!

Michael Caine, circa 2011.

exactly,see i knew he was good to his word, :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:01 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:The Truth may hurt, But there again england claim that Argincourt was a great english vicorty by english bowmen
Infact most of the Archers was Welsh bowmen, that were from The Royal house of Gwynedd , and other places in Wales.
Welsh bowmen were the finest bowmen of there time. and that is where the 2 fingers V or the f**k off comes from.
The Welshbowmen would put up 2 fingers to the people they were going to fire on, to show them they could fire there bows.

also the fingers would be cut from the hand and it showed that the bow men still had them :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:32 pm

krab wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:The Truth may hurt, But there again england claim that Argincourt was a great english vicorty by english bowmen

also the fingers would be cut from the hand and it showed that the bow men still had them :ayatollah:

Thats what said :D

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Another historical fact from Agincourt is when they captured the French Knights, the
decision was made (because of previous French wrongdoings) to decapitate them all.
they could not find anyone to do it, so the Welsh were intercepted on their way home
and offered MORE money to come back and do the dirty deed, no probs said our lads...
and chopped the French to pieces, the English Generals were quoted as saying "this is
why we pay the Welsh to fight for us, the thought of them fighting for the French is
not a happy one".. or some such stuff!!! :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:15 am

some thing my grandfather used to tell me was in cwmbran and pontypool area they used to battle bollock naked paint them self blue with ginger hair dont know if true but i would shit my self.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:29 am

Yes After the battle they found some of the French as many as 5 deep in dead french horse men and still some of them were pinned to there horse by the Arrows of the Welsh bowmen. The Welsh bownem use to piss on the floor and then put The Arrows in the ground so it would make all kinds of problems even if the arrow didnt kill you the infection from the Arrows would. We the Welsh has so much to be proud of and why not ! after all we are Welsh :P

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 am

The article says only 11% of the Regiments strength was Welsh. That's about the same number as those who stood their ground and fought the Zulu's rather than run off English style, so there might be some truth in it ;)

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:42 am

i was told that contrary to popular belief, it was infact a minibus of slags from blackwood looking for cock that stayed and defeated the zulu's.....they love a bit of black see butt :)

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 am

Thats because Welsh bowman who were caught fighting against the English had the two fingers cut off to stop them being able to fire any more arrows

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:45 am

Don't forget as well ,that many Welshmen died on the French side that day . They were soldiers and captains from Owain Glyndwrs army and their war of independence.