Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Train Woman ( the nutter ) Good News

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:50 am

Don't know if already been posted by Cardiff fans won't get any criminal charges

http://bit.ly/i04Gsd

Hope link works I'm on my phone

Stupid f*cking nutter!

Re: Train Woman ( the nutter ) Good News

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:56 am

Casual wrote:Don't know if already been posted by Cardiff fans won't get any criminal charges

Stupid f*cking nutter!

good news :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:17 am

Let's see how much positive publicity this produces? answers on the back of a stamp.

i wonder if the Trust will now issue a statement supporting these lads now that its quite clear they were innocent and did nothing to justify having their photos displayed and reputations damaged.

This may be seen as a dig at the Trust, because it is one, I am a Trust member and in my opinion they could and should have supported these lads when they needed their support, even if they were guilty we could have made a positive out of it by saying that as a club and as a group of fans we were constantly looking at ways to reduce and prevent any problems like this, we could have then gone on to show how little anti social behavior there is at our club and mention the vast improvements we have made, an opportunity lost I feel.

If we are a football family, then family members mess up sometimes, but as figure heads and older brother role models surely sometimes it's better to put an arm around them rather than join in beating them with the big stick.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 am

a quick question, and serious because im unsure......what do the trust actually do?? this isnt a dig, always getting approached in the stadium but never quite sure why and what they do :?:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 am

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/whistle-085.gif http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/whistler-120.gif

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:31 am

Casual wrote:Don't know if already been posted by Cardiff fans won't get any criminal charges

Stupid f*cking nutter!

Good news about Cardiff fans. Any news on charging her for trespass :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:46 am

Good news, if they were being charegd so should have that woman-who's just a ugly dyke looking for attention

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:46 am

IsThatUJohnWayne ยป Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 am

a quick question, and serious because im unsure......what do the trust actually do?? this isnt a dig, always getting approached in the stadium but never quite sure why and what they do

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:47 am

thats that cleared up then :D

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:00 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Let's see how much positive publicity this produces? answers on the back of a stamp.

i wonder if the Trust will now issue a statement supporting these lads now that its quite clear they were innocent and did nothing to justify having their photos displayed and reputations damaged.

This may be seen as a dig at the Trust, because it is one, I am a Trust member and in my opinion they could and should have supported these lads when they needed their support, even if they were guilty we could have made a positive out of it by saying that as a club and as a group of fans we were constantly looking at ways to reduce and prevent any problems like this, we could have then gone on to show how little anti social behavior there is at our club and mention the vast improvements we have made, an opportunity lost I feel.

If we are a football family, then family members mess up sometimes, but as figure heads and older brother role models surely sometimes it's better to put an arm around them rather than join in beating them with the big stick.

At the very least the Trust could have supported the right of these lads to have their say. As the article reports they have suffered disproportionatley because no-one would listen to their version of events.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Exactly, who should we look to when things like this happen, and happen they will. :old:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Exactly, who should we look to when things like this happen, and happen they will. :old:

For that to occur, tho Gwyn, the Trust have to represent all fans. They don't, they represent their members.

I understand and agree with your point somewhat - if some of those lads were Trust members, the Trust needed to offer support.

I'd be very, very wary of a group of 900 members or so acting on behalf of all City fans when they represent a tiny proportion of the City fanbase.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:10 pm

But if they want to grow and attract members then surely they should back things like this, it's a bit chicken and egg.

What was that film build it, and they will come. ;)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Field of Dreams. Kevin Costner, I do believe.

I agree it's chicken and egg to a degree. For whatever reason, the Trust simply isn't catching on amongst supportes, what's worse is I know of about five people near me who aren't going to renew their Trust membership.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:17 pm

the trust has more members than the bristol city trust that has been going far far longer

as for this incident there was no way a supporters trust could get involved pre any sort of trial

as for a statement gwyn why dont you , as a concerned member , send an email to the trust outlining your concerns ...for they are valid ....and ask the trust to make a statement ?

its surely got to better than complaining about it on a messagebaord ?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:19 pm

awesome news for the lads involved, the entire case got sensationalised and blown out of control by the media. The truth however doesnt lie :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:21 pm

nerd wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Exactly, who should we look to when things like this happen, and happen they will. :old:

For that to occur, tho Gwyn, the Trust have to represent all fans. They don't, they represent their members.

I understand and agree with your point somewhat - if some of those lads were Trust members, the Trust needed to offer support.

I'd be very, very wary of a group of 900 members or so acting on behalf of all City fans when they represent a tiny proportion of the City fanbase.

what proportion of the fanbase do you represent ?

what proportion of the fanbase do the supporters club represent ?

a rather silly and meaningless comment

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:22 pm

nerd wrote:Field of Dreams. Kevin Costner, I do believe.

I agree it's chicken and egg to a degree. For whatever reason, the Trust simply isn't catching on amongst supportes, what's worse is I know of about five people near me who aren't going to renew their Trust membership.

well threads liek this and the continual bashing by the likes of some on here doesnt help , does it ?

agenda ?

pretty obvious to me

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Sludge wrote:
nerd wrote:

what proportion of the fanbase do you represent ?

what proportion of the fanbase do the supporters club represent ?

a rather silly and meaningless comment

I don't purport to represent anybody other than myself, Sludge.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Sludge wrote:the trust has more members than the bristol city trust that has been going far far longer

as for this incident there was no way a supporters trust could get involved pre any sort of trial

as for a statement gwyn why dont you , as a concerned member , send an email to the trust outlining your concerns ...for they are valid ....and ask the trust to make a statement ?

''

Made plenty of suggestions at the time, and why can't the Trust get involved pre trial, its then the lads neede support, not afterwards when they get found innocent, they don't need defending then.

Surely a fans Trust should support all the fans, or is it just the ones pass an interview panel.
Our fan base like it or not covers the full spectrum, and some of them need guidance, isn't that what we should be doing.

Should we distance ourselves from these people or make them welcome and help them to change for the better and help them fit in as an acceptable member of society. :?:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Sludge wrote:the trust has more members than the bristol city trust that has been going far far longer

''

Made plenty of suggestions at the time, and why can't the Trust get involved pre trial, its then the lads neede support, not afterwards when they get found innocent, they don't need defending then.

Surely a fans Trust should support all the fans, or is it just the ones pass an interview panel.
Our fan base like it or not covers the full spectrum, and some of them need guidance, isn't that what we should be doing.

Should we distance ourselves from these people or make them welcome and help them to change for the better and help them fit in as an acceptable member of society. :?:

did u send them to the trust ?

I wasnt aware of any suggestions at any of the meetings I attended

who says we are distancing ourselves from people ?

those are your words again gwyn , you are making a habit of this

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:26 pm

nerd pull the other one

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Sludge wrote:

well threads liek this and the continual bashing by the likes of some on here doesnt help , does it ?

agenda ?

pretty obvious to me

Hardly bashing here, Sludge, more a comment based on observations. No agenda either - I'm freely admit I don't see the benefit of the Trust at this point in time. It was needed when we were at the bottom, almost going out of business. Nobody had the willingness or motivation then to get it organised, indeed, plenty mocked Swansea for going the Trust route.

You obviously know more than I do, so I'm happy to be corrected, but the perception I've got based comments made to me by Trust members are that they don't really see drive, leadership from the Trust. Share ownership aside, the vast majority of activities could also have been performed by a well organised Supporters Club.

Harking back to my previous point, if the trust was up and running the good old days of Clive Sullivans takeover (ha), were able to be more active in the running in the club as Swansea's Trust appears to be, ie board representation, it would be an entirely different kettle of fish.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:28 pm

guidance gwyn ?

the trust has worked on an anti social behaviour initiative with the police, local schools

it was laughed at by plenty , including some on here

why dont you pop along to a trust meeting then and we can discuss how we can all help instead of you continually having a go at it on here ?

your last input was very good but you aint been along since

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:31 pm

nerd wrote:
Sludge wrote:

agenda ?

pretty obvious to me

Hardly bashing here, Sludge, more a comment based on observations. No agenda either - I'm freely admit I don't see the benefit of the Trust at this point in time. It was needed when we were at the bottom, almost going out of business. Nobody had the willingness or motivation then to get it organised, indeed, plenty mocked Swansea for going the Trust route.

it bashing , you come aout with the same old stuff every time the trust is brought up on here

You obviously know more than I do, so I'm happy to be corrected, but the perception I've got based comments made to me by Trust members are that they don't really see drive, leadership from the Trust. Share ownership aside, the vast majority of activities could also have been performed by a well organised Supporters Club.

well why are you not having a go at the supporters club fior not supporting the fans on this issue then ?

Harking back to my previous point, if the trust was up and running the good old days of Clive Sullivans takeover (ha), were able to be more active in the running in the club as Swansea's Trust appears to be, ie board representation, it would be an entirely different kettle of fish.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Sludge wrote:

agenda ?

pretty obvious to me

Sludge, it's a criticism, are the Trust above criticism, I think by healthy debate and brainstorming it can only help to make things better. I feel strongly that the Trust could have done more in this case and in a few other cases if they want to attract the full spectrum of fans that would make it stronger, you may see that as a criticism, I see it as a positive suggestion. :!:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:33 pm

pm me gwyn

come along to the next trust meeting and then we can discuss this matter

you have a valid point , lets talk about it

you feel the trust should have got involved , put your points over to the trust at the next meeting

look forward to hearing from you

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Sludge wrote:

agenda ?

pretty obvious to me

Sludge, it's a criticism, are the Trust above criticism, I think by healthy debate and brainstorming it can only help to make things better. I feel strongly that the Trust could have done more in this case and in a few other cases if they want to attract the full spectrum of fans that would make it stronger, you may see that as a criticism, I see it as a positive suggestion. :!:

ok agreed

come along to next meeting or send an email outlining your valid points to the trust

pm me if you want to chat

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:36 pm

The topic isn't about the Supporters Club, Sludge.

And more importantly, the Trust has superceded the usefulness of the Supporters Club. Supporters Club, travel aside, is more a lame duck organisation and has been for a while - not knocking the efforts of people there, just that it's relevance has declined over the years; the formation of the trust has basically made it irrelevant these days.

Like I said, if it had been formed years ago, then it could well have had more power / influence, maybe even a board representative. That in itself would lend to more people wanting to become involved.

The need for an effective Trust was far greater then than now - for one thing, buying in at the lowest level would have required far less funding. Now, with the millions involved within the club, there's zero chance of the Trust ever attaining any "power" for want of a better word. It's great the Trust work with the club, but you tell me - club cut off all contact or simply ignore trust representations, what then happens?

Swansea, from memory, have a trust representative on the board. that's the model, which many derided at the time, that seems to work.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 pm

the trust was first mooted on the valley rams board and gwyn and corky were at the forefront of getting behind it

which is why I sometimes despair at the negativity shown towards it

as for the supporters club , you yourself have many times said " why do we need a trust ..we have a supporters club " so you must think I was born yesterday mate ( I wasnt )

my opinion ..we need both !!