Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NOW THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS "

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 pm

And WITH CHOPS NOT WANTING TO GO :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

BBC NEWS

Cardiff City rebuff approach for striker Jay Bothroyd

'Cardiff City have rejected an approach from an unnamed club for 15-goal top scorer Jay Bothroyd.'
The England international, who is out of contract in the summer, has been linked to Premier League side Newcastle United.
But Bothroyd, 28, is holding talks with Cardiff over a new deal.
"We've had one enquiry for him and Jay knows about the enquiry," said Cardiff boss Dave Jones, who refused to name the club involved.
Asked if it was a Premier League club, he said: "Well I would hope so. If it was someone in our division or below what is the point of him leaving Cardiff?"
Jones brought the much-travelled Bothroyd to Cardiff from Wolverhampton Wanderers in August 2008 for a fee of £300,000.
The former Arsenal trainee had failed to settle at a club prior to his move, having spells at Coventry City, Charlton and Wolves while spending time on loan at Perugia, Blackburn and Stoke City.
But under Jones, he has appeared to settle in his three seasons with Cardiff and is the club's top scorer this season, attracting interest from other clubs and earning his first England cap in the 2-1 defeat to France in November 2010.
Jones insisted though that even if an offer was right to sell Bothroyd, he wants to remain at the Cardiff City Stadium.
"I had a long chat with Jay yesterday and I'm sure Jay won't mind me saying: Jay wants to stay at this football club," said Jones.

We are trying to get him to sign here and I even spoke to Jay yesterday in training about trying to get some sort of deal done, and that is ongoing
Cardiff boss Dave Jones
"Even the club we spoke about, Jay says he doesn't want to go to.
"We said no [to the approach] and Jay knows about it, because his contract is up in June and people think they can come and take him for a measly amount of money. It's not worth what we are trying to do.
"So keep him and get the best out of him and then if he decides to stay with us or he decides to leave then that's what we will do. He wants to try and sort it out here, but he is entitled to try and get the best deal for him.
And Jones added that even if Cardiff accept an offer from another club, Bothroyd can reject it.
"If we want him to go because we have been offered vast amounts of money then Jay can say no because he is under contract," added Jones.
"We are trying to get him to sign here and I even spoke to Jay yesterday in training about trying to get some sort of deal done, and that is ongoing.
"But he is in his rights to do what he is doing and that is the way the football world is at the moment, and they are quite entitled to see out their contract and see what other offers are around. Is there anything wrong with that?
"It's up to us and up to him to come to an agreement that satisfies all parties, and if we can't satisfy all parties and a decision will be made either way."

Re: " NOW THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS "

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:23 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Great news-a couple of new signings in the next week and we are going up! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:26 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Ex news if we can hold onto Jay Annis

:ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Personally with Parkin Now Signed and Hopefully We keep All OUR QUALITY PLAYERS, I Still Believe Our Squad is Good enough and Capable of enough of going up Automatically as on paper we are still in the Top 2 for having the Best players, My Opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Personally with Parkin Now Signed and Hopefully We keep All OUR QUALITY PLAYERS, I Still Believe Our Squad is Good enough and Capable of enough of going up Automatically as on paper we are still in the Top 2 for having the Best players, My Opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We definately need a left sided defender

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:31 pm

:ayatollah: GET IN THERE JAY :ayatollah: Lets have a final push now lads

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:32 pm

excellent news, with parkin on board(which i must say was a steal for the money) we can go up

watch out you inbred fuckers the bluebirds are on their way :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Great news :D

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Stay Jay! You know it makes sense!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Personally with Parkin Now Signed and Hopefully We keep All OUR QUALITY PLAYERS, I Still Believe Our Squad is Good enough and Capable of enough of going up Automatically as on paper we are still in the Top 2 for having the Best players, My Opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its brilliant news, even better if he signs an extension.

Parkin is just the man we've been after for the last few seasons to back up/compete with/compliment Jay :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:04 pm

wigstar wrote:Ex news if we can hold onto Jay & Annis

Keep Jay, get shot of Annis though :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:11 pm

If we keep Jay now, we will f*cking fly. The feelgood factor will come back, he
will be gagging to get on that pitch, and we also have a striker up there who
scares the shit out of defenders. I hope anyone who has been calling him a greedy
b*stard has a good hard look at themselves. He is more or less telling Cardiff City
to sort him out a few quid and he'll get us up.

We still need two defenders and maybe a strong midfielder but at least it looks as
though we're trying

Come on city :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:12 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
wigstar wrote:Ex news if we can hold onto Jay & Annis

Keep Jay, get shot of Annis though :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Great to read now they best hurry up n get him to sign on the dotted line!!! :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

realy good news hope they can sort a deal out for him :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

IMO THE BEST IS STILL TO COME FROM JAY,IF YOU STAY JAY YOU ARE GOING TO BE A REAL BLUEBIRDS LEGEND,YOUR ALMOST THERE MATE, SOME OF US ALREADY CLASS YOU AS A LEGEND :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Best news we've had all week... :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Not too sure about our sqaud now.

Koumas has turned out to be a bit of a disaster, Oli has fallen away, Drinkwater well will he make it back?, Bellamy not seen much from him lately, Naylor the teams weak link and Keogh perhaps our best incomer due ot his work rate.

The renewal of Quinn at full back is a God send and that should really tell us something about our squad overall.

Parkin, I'm not going to say anything bad about him I'm not that stupid.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Excellent news :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Not too sure about our sqaud now.

Koumas has turned out to be a bit of a disaster, Oli has fallen away, Drinkwater well will he make it back?, Bellamy not seen much from him lately, Naylor the teams weak link and Keogh perhaps our best incomer due ot his work rate.

The renewal of Quinn at full back is a God send and that should really tell us something about our squad overall.

Parkin, I'm not going to say anything bad about him I'm not that stupid.

Ian, But Dave Jones, Said its the Best Squad He has Ever had.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:53 pm

BRILL NEWS wonder if the unnamed club was Qpr :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 pm

fantastic news :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Superb news!!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:10 pm

I am well chuffed! :P

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 pm

that is great news!! :ayatollah: all we need now is another pacy midfielder and 1-2 defenders!! come on dj lets get those deals done!!