Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rival teams and company Sponsors

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:46 pm

I will never use any product that has sponsored the Jacks ever ! this started when the jacks were sponsored by DP a weight training kit maker in the early 80's I had the choice in astoria sports in Penarth either there set or a.another brand. It was a no-Brainer!

Same goes for Bristol City (apart from Blackthorn Cider)
:ayatollah:
anyone do this!

Re: Rival teams and company Sponsors

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Thing is though mate there are alot of company sponsors for just one team, sometimes they could be a company which are the only company to manufacture/sell a certain product, heck there are so many different companies sponsoring different teams its hard to keep up :lol:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:24 pm

placid-casual wrote:I will never use any product that has sponsored the Jacks ever !

Same goes for Bristol City (apart from Blackthorn Cider)

Not exactly a hard and fast rule then. :D

This is why Admiral insurance will never sponsor us as they do not want to alienate the Swansea workers. That and they like the rigger. They could sponsor us both though

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Another problem with that stance is quite often a lot of different products and companies are actually owned by the same company. Even if you may not know it.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:29 pm

I agree but It's what It says on the can If It's on there shirt It's a No go.

Latest is www.scumsea.com

I still buy my cars off Ken Thorne world of Crime! and I have a Redrow House, I buy the echo and I bet on the latest sponsors website. (Ken thorne was a c###)

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:30 pm

I boycotted Gulf Oil and Action Service stations when they sponsored the jacks.

Would never use 32 red for online betting either.

Don't drink Carlsberg (unless no alternative) due to their sponsorship of Liverpool.