Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LATEST ON CONWAY

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:07 pm

Amongst all the talk of players coming in for medicals today I can confirm that Craig Conway has today been training with Dundee Utd. He has not travelled down to South Wales.

Re: LATEST ON CONWAY

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:Amongst all the talk of players coming in for medicals today I can confirm that Craig Conway has today been training with Dundee Utd. He has not travelled down to South Wales.

you didn;t add the caviat "Yet" - lol

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Can you confirm if any players are having medicals today ? :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:14 pm

well thats disappointing...

unless this is a cover up and that he actually is, crafty of you carl, reallll crafty !!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:14 pm

There you go then, either the stuff about the medicals is rubbish or it's a different 2 players plus Conway!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Thank f**k. We don't need another winger.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:16 pm

Yeah coz Whitts having to fill in on the right is amazing!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Carl, do you know of anyone that's having a medical with us and aint allowed to. Say it incase others get aleted ?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:Amongst all the talk of players coming in for medicals today I can confirm that Craig Conway has today been training with Dundee Utd. He has not travelled down to South Wales.

So what are you saying? That he is not one of the two players who are supposed to be having medicals with the Club? What do your sources tell you? Is Conway signing or not? Who are the two players allegedly having medicals? Surely you must know!! Or is it a case of not wanting to alert the opposition??

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:42 pm

moonboots wrote:

So what are you saying? That he is not one of the two players who are supposed to be having medicals with the Club? What do your sources tell you? Is Conway signing or not? Who are the two players allegedly having medicals? Surely you must know!! Or is it a case of not wanting to alert the opposition??

Could we be signing 3 players but only 2 at the moment with Conway following later this week/month :?: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:44 pm

moonboots wrote:

I don't think Carl has said there are 2 players having medicals. Someone on the other board said it.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:54 pm

I'm simply asking what Carl knows about Conway. Saying that he is training with Dundee Utd suggests we are not that close to signing him despite reports in the press that we are signing him this week. Also the Dundee Utd fans seem to think he is coming to us. If you read my post I didn't suggest that Carl said there were supposed to be 2 players having medicals at the Club. That just seems to be a popular rumour which may or may not have foundation...but it has been reported by a number of sources.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
moonboots wrote:

I don't think Carl has said there are 2 players having medicals. Someone on the other board said it.

Yes, reliable fella aswell.

Corky mentioned it too.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:08 pm

corky was taking the piss :ayatollah: :D

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:12 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -27997364/

In today's echo if no-one's seen it.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Danny Says wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2011/01/17/bluebirds-poised-to-sign-two-new-players-91466-27997364/

In today's echo if no-one's seen it.

I wouldnt even believe the TV guide in the Echo :roll:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:16 pm

United have a big cup game at Ross County tomorrow night, it's hardly surprising if they didn't want to allow one of their main players to travel a 1000 mile round trip prior to a further 300 mile round trip before a big game.

That is not to say the deal is not happening.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:21 pm

moonboots wrote:I'm simply asking what Carl knows about Conway. Saying that he is training with Dundee Utd suggests we are not that close to signing him despite reports in the press that we are signing him this week. Also the Dundee Utd fans seem to think he is coming to us. If you read my post I didn't suggest that Carl said there were supposed to be 2 players having medicals at the Club. That just seems to be a popular rumour which may or may not have foundation...but it has been reported by a number of sources.

Maybe Carl does not know or is not in a position to tell us. I'm sure if there was anything worth mentioning he would do. Newspaper reports this morning suggested that Cardiff had offered £200k for him. There has not been anything else said apart from stuff on the message boards. As with all rumours I'm not going to get excited until he's in a City top doing the ayatollah.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:01 pm

THE DON wrote:
moonboots wrote:I'm simply asking what Carl knows about Conway. Saying that he is training with Dundee Utd suggests we are not that close to signing him despite reports in the press that we are signing him this week. Also the Dundee Utd fans seem to think he is coming to us. If you read my post I didn't suggest that Carl said there were supposed to be 2 players having medicals at the Club. That just seems to be a popular rumour which may or may not have foundation...but it has been reported by a number of sources.

Maybe Carl does not know or is not in a position to tell us. I'm sure if there was anything worth mentioning he would do. Newspaper reports this morning suggested that Cardiff had offered £200k for him. There has not been anything else said apart from stuff on the message boards. As with all rumours I'm not going to get excited until he's in a City top doing the ayatollah.

Craig Conway is set to sign for Cardiff City this week
Monday January 17,2011
By Andy McInnes Have your say(0)
CRAIG CONWAY is set to sign for Cardiff City this week in a £200,000 plus add-ons deal just days after making his comeback for the Tayside club.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/223 ... z1BIx6O08t

That suggests that it's more than just an offer. Plus their fans seem to think he's coming to us. If it's this far advanced I would expect Carl to know something about it. Just wondering why he's not saying...that's all !

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 pm

I think Carl is just being sensible mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:17 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:I think Carl is just being sensible mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yeah exactly the same, but does make me think another club may try and be sniping the deal and carl doesnt want the blame :)