Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky v BT Broadband, anyone with either ?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:17 am

I've been with Pipex (who are now talk talk, I think) for about 10 years, not bad and unlimited download but dreadfully slow sometimes.

I pay:

Tinternet - £15
Phone - £30
Sky TV - £55 :o ((everything inc HD, barr the films)

Any recommendations (PS, I'm not in a virgin cable area)

Re: Sky v BT Broadband, anyone with either ?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am

Rita Pidsdale wrote:I've been with Pipex (who are now talk talk, I think) for about 10 years, not bad and unlimited download but dreadfully slow sometimes.

I pay:

Tinternet - £15
Phone - £30

If you can get BT Infinity where you are, get it, it's like shit off a shovel! I'm getting 35meg download, 8meg upload...

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:23 am

im with bt and we pay 50 a month which includes my phone calls and line etc..
never had any problems with it over last 2 years or so..

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:28 am

I pay £87 a month with sky. This is Sky talk, stop speed broadband. HD TV inc multi room. I also have sky sports, ESPN and Movies. Never had any trouble - shouldn't though as it's nearly the price of a car :lol:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:29 am

I'm with SKY and love it. We don't have a HD TV yet so our package for everything except ESPN is £65 a month. That's unlimited broadband and calls. We do get the movies and sports channels as well so it's worth it because it only works out £32.50 each for me and the missus so it's not bad value for money.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:32 am

Zabier wrote:I'm with SKY and love it. We don't have a HD TV yet so our package for everything except ESPN is £65 a month. That's unlimited broadband and calls. We do get the movies and sports channels as well so it's worth it because it only works out £32.50 each for me and the missus so it's not bad value for money.

Do you split everything down the middle :lol:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:05 am

Rita Pidsdale wrote:I've been with Pipex (who are now talk talk, I think) for about 10 years, not bad and unlimited download but dreadfully slow sometimes.

I pay:

Tinternet - £15
Phone - £30

I've had BT in the past but I'm currently with SKY and I would never change as I think it's great value for money. I used to pay BT approx £35 per month for line rental, evening / weekend call package and broadband. At certain times of the day I did find BT broadband would slowdown from the promised 5meg download speed but since I've changed to Sky download speeds have been maintained above 5meg at all times of the day.

BT Infinity is available in Caerphilly now but would cost approx £50 per month, my brother has it and he says its great, above 30meg download, but does slow down at certain times of the day below 15 meg so still quick.

I have SKY World Package, HD, Multiroom, Sky Talk and Broadband and the full cost if £90 per month, although I call sky every 6 months or so and ask to cancel the films or something because it's to expensive and they always find some offer to reduce costs. I'm currently on the full package but with special offers on Films and broadband am paying £72 per month.

When the offers run out I'll ring them again and find another offer to keep the cost down works everytime with them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:10 am

I've used both, both good for speed and reliability, big difference for me is Sky has a really good service if you ever need to talk to them, BT support is extremely poor.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:21 am

01443casual wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'm with SKY and love it. We don't have a HD TV yet so our package for everything except ESPN is £65 a month. That's unlimited broadband and calls. We do get the movies and sports channels as well so it's worth it because it only works out £32.50 each for me and the missus so it's not bad value for money.

Do you split everything down the middle :lol:

:lol: Except my ass! Yes, yes we do. ;)

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:25 am

BT for me,never had a problem in 5+ years.Going on to Infinity in March.I can't wait ! :D