Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" IS CARL GOING TO BE RIGHT ABOUT THE SCOTTISH PLAYERS ? "

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:00 am

CARDIFF WANT CONWAY IN £200,000 SWOOP

Craig Conway is set to sign for Cardiff City this week

Monday January 17,2011
By Andy McInnes

CRAIG CONWAY is set to sign for Cardiff City this week in a £200,000 plus add-ons deal just days after making his comeback for the Tayside club.
The Dundee Utd winger who has been out of action since October last year with a knee injury impressed Bluebirds boss Dave Jones when he appeared as a late substitute in the mid week win over Motherwell at Tannadice.
Twenty five year old Conway who earned an international cap against Japan during George Burley's reign was wanted by Middlesbrough in the last transfer window and had also been monitored by both Bristol and Burnley before tearing his cartilage and requirinf an operation.
His return to full fitness was enough to convince the Welsh outfit to make a move for the attacker who earned the man of the match award wirth his two goals in United's Scottish Cup final 3- 0 victory over Ross County last May.
Arabs manager Peter Houston is keen to hold on to the former Ayr Utd star but with only five months remaining on his contract and much better personal terms on offer Conway could now have played his last game for United.

Re: " IS CARL GOING TO BE RIGHT ABOUT THE SCOTTISH PLAYERS ? "

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:06 am

only just come back from injury?? since october, whats wrong with jones ffs :roll:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:07 am

Ben wrote:only just come back from injury?? since october, whats wrong with jones ffs :roll:

been here before I think havnt we ???

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 am

Appears to be a left winger. So not a replacement for Burke.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:10 am

buckleys brewery wrote:Appears to be a left winger. So not a replacement for Burke.

he played centre half when he was in school ................ so no doubt Jones sees him as cover for new centre half Kevin Mc Naughton :lol: yes Dave size doesnt matter does it ?? :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:18 am

Always an injured history

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:19 am

scoring goals is not the problem, its conceding them FFS :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:scoring goals is not the problem, its conceding them FFS :ayatollah:

Aye Baz - but jones' outlook is simple - As long as we score more goals than the opposition - who gives a sh1t! :lol:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:10 am

we need replacement for bellers when he not playing, if you ask me that's the end of koumas.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:10 am

We are in the bargain basement department. It’s about time fans realised it.
£200k peanuts in football terms. About the same as we paid for McCormack.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:11 am

Whos the other Scottish player then as the thread title describes?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:13 am

i think its a good signing. obv we still need a defender or 2 but Conway is a good player and for £200K its a steal.

if true and he does sign lets give the guy a chance eh

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:18 am

Midfield general wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:we need replacement for bellers when he not playing, if you ask me that's the end of koumas.

What about Whitts as he scored over 20 goals in that position last year

i see conway as replacement for bellers when he out thats my opinion tho.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:27 am

He is out of contract which is why might be getting him for only 200k

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:27 am

Merlin wrote:Whos the other Scottish player then as the thread title describes?

hopefully a defender!!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:CARDIFF WANT CONWAY IN £200,000 SWOOP

Monday January 17,2011
By Andy McInnes

CRAIG CONWAY is set to sign for Cardiff City this week in a £200,000 plus add-ons deal just days after making his comeback for the Tayside club.
The Dundee Utd winger who has been out of action since October last year with a knee injury impressed Bluebirds boss Dave Jones when he appeared as a late substitute in the mid week win over Motherwell at Tannadice.
Twenty five year old Conway who earned an international cap against Japan during George Burley's reign was wanted by Middlesbrough in the last transfer window and had also been monitored by both Bristol and Burnley before tearing his cartilage and requirinf an operation.
His return to full fitness was enough to convince the Welsh outfit to make a move for the attacker who earned the man of the match award wirth his two goals in United's Scottish Cup final 3- 0 victory over Ross County last May.
Arabs manager Peter Houston is keen to hold on to the former Ayr Utd star but with only five months remaining on his contract and much better personal terms on offer Conway could now have played his last game for United.

Carl is never far from the mark when it comes to transfer targets so I would say yes he is going to be right. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:40 am

I can just imagine DJ selling the club to Conway.

DJ : "Hi Craig... yeah, we want you... good club, pay loads of money... yeah, I see you as backup to an on loan player with dodgy knees. yeah, you'll get games. You're above another on loan player who has declined over the last five years tho. Might play you on the right; you're neither short nor black so not my ideal target, but the current Jock we have there, meh, I think he's lightweight..."

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:54 am

BUPA club sponsors, watch this space. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:54 am

Midfield general wrote:
Ben wrote:only just come back from injury?? since october, whats wrong with jones ffs :roll:

I feel the same as Ben. This guy has been injured since OCTOBER!!!!!! FFS

He only had a cartilege tear for goodness sake

Anyone would have thought he had had his leg amputated!!!.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:56 am

Midfield general wrote:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:11 am

Elwood Blues wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

This^^^^^^^^^^

Cartlidge tears are only minor operations, just need rehab to strengthen the muscles around the knee afterwards.

He's out of contract in six months, hence why he's going on the cheap. He may also give better protection to Naylor if we cant get a left back in than Bellamy, who could either switch to the right or play up front, just a thought.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 am

he scored 2 goals against ross county last may?

christ 75% of this messageboard could score twice against f*cking ross county :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 am

Elwood Blues wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

Yes he is a very good player and a steal at £200,000. Yes its only a cartilage tear but how long will it take him to get up to speed? We need players who can fit in straight away and perform not have to wait for them to get fit. So assuming all that he's right up Dave Jones alley and I think we will probably sign him in the next few days, which does not bode too well for Koumas who I feel will now be shown the door. If the rumours are also true about lock up your wifes Loovens :lol: that fits in well with the profile of Jones signings. Loovens played for him before. He likes to go with people he can trust. can we then be greedy as I think we will still need one more centre back as cover, ideally a central midfield dog with an engine and a left back. My feeling is we may be looking for the first two options but Dave Jones has pinned his colours to the mast with Naylor and will stick by him (will that be a mistake?). So in summary two in within the next few days, two more to come by the end of the transfer window (probably Shittu and Michael Brown) and no doubt a few will leave. Then lets get behind the team and roar them to the Premier League :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:43 am

Why dont we just move to Scotland FFS

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:45 am

i think what we have to understand ( as much as i hate to believe it still) is that the malaysians will not be pumping in big transfer funds for DJ. we will be not spending big bucks to get in players.

the only way we can get good players is to either spend big orrr do what DJ is doing and getiing them back after an injury when the value is low !!

it is a gamble, sometimes it works (burke), sometimes it doesnt (riggott) but its the only realistic options we have

good signing if he is over the injury :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:30 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Why dont we just move to Scotland FFS

:ayatollah: :D

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:03 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY ??????? :o

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:56 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:Appears to be a left winger. So not a replacement for Burke.

He plays either side and is comfortable using left and right foot :D :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CARDIFF WANT CONWAY IN £200,000 SWOOP

Monday January 17,2011
By Andy McInnes

Yes Annis I was :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:24 pm

Some people had nightmares in this thread judging him before seeing him :lol: