Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think us being anti English has a negative impact...

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:20 am

Do you think alot of us fans being anti english, playing in an english league with alot of english players is a bad thing.

before now never a problem, but as were getting higher up and becoming a bigger club, attracting bigger players, England call ups in jay bothroyd potentially new signings if we are promoted , alot of players are passionate about their nationality especially if they are in the team.
is this a disadvantage when bidding for players who dont want to be playing for a team who consitantly sing songs such as, we hate england, ''you dirty english b*stard'' , 'same old english always heating' . also players such as bothroyd when called up for england got a bit of negative press for playing for cardiff city, or banter from the other players.
and players already in our team playing to the chants of we hate england , potentially leave them with slight disregard for the club or fans.

Re: Do you think us being anti English has a negative impact...

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:56 am

good point if i played for say newcastle and i played cardiff and heard SHEEP SHAGGERS itd piss me off

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:25 am

It's all banter. I think one problem it might have is that it gives teams an extra bit of encouragement to raise their game and beat us. Imagine the dressing rooms before the game?

'Can you hear those Welsh bastards singing anti-English chants? Are you going to let them come into our league and say things like that???'.

It's why I never sing anti-opposition songs. It's pointless. It's all about pro-Cardiff songs. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 pm

CCFC_BLUEBIRDS wrote:good point if i played for say newcastle and i played cardiff and heard SHEEP SHAGGERS itd piss me off

If your winning 4 - 0 who gives a fuc!

you go where the money is and where there is potential to make yourself better