Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Its not where we're going "

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:24 pm

...its how we get there.

I truly believe we're heading for promotion this season. If we win our game in hand we go back to the automatic promotion spots, however the general feeling you get from conversations down CCS and this forum in general is that the majority are not enjoying the ride thus far.

I am starting to realise and become fearful of the situation whereby we get to mid to late April, we have one foot in the Premiership but not enough of us have fully exploited the opportunity to enjoy the journey to its maximum because we're getting caught up in all the negativity that may surround a bad performance or a loss etc (myself included) - I'm probably not alone in knowing this is just the passion we have for our great club manifesting itself.

Fact of the matter is we've been second most of the season, and after we've managed to bolster and improve the squad this month there will be no stopping us. We all need to ensure that by the time we get to Burnley away in May that we can all reflect on the final few months of the season and think what a fukn laugh that was!

From now on I propose that on match day etc we leave all the negativity behind, relax, take the pressure off and make as much noise as we can. We'll enjoy the experience a million times more and the team would benefit no end. So heres to drinking as much as we can and creating the atmosphere that we all know we can generate in CCS as Cardiff City fans!

I for one cannot wait to experience the pride of seeing the MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS making the English sick to their stomach on the knowledge that Wales' finest have come to disrupt the jewel in their crown - the Premiership! Enjoy it boys, most of us have waited years for this - others decades, make sure you enjoy it to the fullest with no regrets!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Its not where we're going

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:27 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:34 pm

COME ON CITY!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:37 pm

:ayatollah: top post! Well said :ayatollah:

Re: " Its not where we're going "

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Great perspective! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:46 pm

couldnt agree more far too much moaning going on it wouldnt be cardiff city if it was all easy going. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:53 am

we dont want the dirty jacks taking second spot, . however... its a possibility we could play them in the play offs...
imagine a Wembley Derby :ayatollah:
six pointer at the vetch field,

Bothroyd will be back the lad will need time though we can expect too much off him and he could do without the pressure to re-capture top form!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:19 am

Top Post mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:30 am

I don't think we will make the top 2 as is, yeah if we win the game in hand we go back 2nd however if Watford and Forest win their games in hand, we go 4th. There are 8 teams all of whom could rightly claim they are good enough for thr top 2, we are one of those teams, problem is as of now for me 4 of those teams have stronger squads. We have blown a massive amount of our playing budegt on a single player and this is kicking in the balls at the moment.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 am

Really want to agree with OP but just cannot. The bruises of the previous 2 seasons are still aching; the gaining of 1 point out of last 15 away; the lack of the free flowing, quick, direct football to me; the total inability to keep a clean sheet and poor football management decisions (eg not changing team in last 10 minutes at Carrow Rd) indicates this football club do not have it in them to rise above the chasing pack.

I would give my left arm to be proven wrong and see us in the top flight.

Maybe some inspired signings in next fortnight will change my view but I do fear our next series of games, the next 3 in particular.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:we dont want the dirty jacks taking second spot, . however... its a possibility we could play them in the play offs...
imagine a Wembley Derby :ayatollah:
six pointer at the vetch field,

Bothroyd will be back the lad will need time though we can expect too much off him and he could do without the pressure to re-capture top form!

Bothroyd owes us one down there after missing the last game after a stupid booking. I genuinely believe we will win down there :shock:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:36 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:07 pm

That's the spirit :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Rorkes Drift.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:08 pm

I fully agree with the concerns noted, and there is a significant supporting rationale to back them up as well. Ive made the heavy assumption that we're nailed on to go up but I think whether we do or not the majority of us are in danger if allowing one of our successful periods in history pass us by cause we're atm ( my opinion obviously) too quick to rest on any negatives that might be apparent.

When we were on the rise through the divisions the carnival atmosphere and sheer enjoyment experienced at NInian at times holds some quality memories - we need to go back to those days in terms of how we approach match day because if we cant take the opportunity of supportimg our home town beloved club on the brink of Premiership football for the first time then we will never create the feeling we want to at CCS.

Its not my intention to preach here, far from it, so apologies if i come across that way - i just think we are supporting the mighty Bluebirds at a great time and we shouldnt be taking too much for granted.......i cannot fukn wait for Stoke tomorrow then Watford! BLUUUUUUUUUUUBIRDS!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:11 pm

CastletownBlue wrote:...its how we get there.

I truly believe we're heading for promotion this season. If we win our game in hand we go back to the automatic promotion spots, however the general feeling you get from conversations down CCS and this forum in general is that the majority are not enjoying the ride thus far.

I am starting to realise and become fearful of the situation whereby we get to mid to late April, we have one foot in the Premiership but not enough of us have fully exploited the opportunity to enjoy the journey to its maximum because we're getting caught up in all the negativity that may surround a bad performance or a loss etc (myself included) - I'm probably not alone in knowing this is just the passion we have for our great club manifesting itself.

Fact of the matter is we've been second most of the season, and after we've managed to bolster and improve the squad this month there will be no stopping us. We all need to ensure that by the time we get to Burnley away in May that we can all reflect on the final few months of the season and think what a fukn laugh that was!

From now on I propose that on match day etc we leave all the negativity behind, relax, take the pressure off and make as much noise as we can. We'll enjoy the experience a million times more and the team would benefit no end. So heres to drinking as much as we can and creating the atmosphere that we all know we can generate in CCS as Cardiff City fans!

I for one cannot wait to experience the pride of seeing the MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS making the English sick to their stomach on the knowledge that Wales' finest have come to disrupt the jewel in their crown - the Premiership! Enjoy it boys, most of us have waited years for this - others decades, make sure you enjoy it to the fullest with no regrets!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exellent, could not agree with you more, come support the boys and make some noise :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Great post that m8 !! sometimes I guess were all guillty of negativity to some degree, but in my lifetime of watching the city since the 80's this is the biggest few months of them all. Its clear DJ is staying and as supporters collectively we need to look at each other and say lets give the players 100 per cent backing from the stands, be vociefiours, be loud and proud were Cardiff and YES we actually knocking on the premiership door. Blooooooooobirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:13 pm

I LOVE POSITIVE POSTS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Who knows what will happen.

We are in the mix so lets f'ckin enjoy it.

If we fail, we fail, it'll be sulk for a bit then regroup and go again.

We went from 7th and missing out, to 4th and losing the finals, to 3rd now with a game in hand, and so near to the line.

I'll take this over the relegation fights in the 3rd division or getting excited about being 9th in division 4 (anyone remember that -v burnley and 16 thousand there).

Get on board and behind it - we might never get this close again, if we go down,lets go down fighting, not moaning. :ayatollah: