Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Why can't DJ recall Anthony Gerrard back off his loan ,an easy way of getting an extra centre back in , if we lose Olofinjana from doing this so be it because since the cold season has arrived he has not impressed at all,gives the ball away to cheaply for my liking to make a defensive midfielder.
Alex Ferguson was recently allowed to recall all his loan players from Preston when they sacked his son and i'm sure that can't have been a clause written in the contracts of there loans there
If we got gerrard back and olofinjana out it would also free up some money towards wages of some other defensive midfielder coming in as i dont believe Gerrard to be on same money as Olly
Michael Brown imo although not in his prime but with his tenacity and experience in football would be a much better player in that position to get the team playing again because to get the team playing again firstly you need to have the ball and even when he wins a tackle he loses the ball almost straight away every time.
Then one more centre back and left back and i think we should be fine, any thoughts people :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Gerrard

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:22 pm

romfordbluebird wrote:Why can't DJ recall Anthony Gerrard back off his loan ,an easy way of getting an extra centre back in , if we lose Olofinjana from doing this so be it because since the cold season has arrived he has not impressed at all,gives the ball away to cheaply for my liking to make a defensive midfielder.
Alex Ferguson was recently allowed to recall all his loan players from Preston when they sacked his son and i'm sure that can't have been a clause written in the contracts of there loans there
If we got gerrard back and olofinjana out it would also free up some money towards wages of some other defensive midfielder coming in as i dont believe Gerrard to be on same money as Olly
Michael Brown imo although not in his prime but with his tenacity and experience in football would be a much better player in that position to get the team playing again because to get the team playing again firstly you need to have the ball and even when he wins a tackle he loses the ball almost straight away every time.
Then one more centre back and left back and i think we should be fine, any thoughts people :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You can only recall a year long loan in the transfer window and then only if he is being permanently transferred somewhere

A couple of the Man United were either on a short term loan at Preston or a six month loan which had run out, I'm not sure which. The other one was on a season long loan I think but I think Preston were fighting this one. It was a couple of weeks ago Im last saw something about it.

Re: Gerrard

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:37 pm

romfordbluebird wrote:Why can't DJ recall Anthony Gerrard back off his loan ,an easy way of getting an extra centre back in , if we lose Olofinjana from doing this so be it because since the cold season has arrived he has not impressed at all,gives the ball away to cheaply for my liking to make a defensive midfielder.

You can only recall a year long loan in the transfer window and then only if he is being permanently transferred somewhere

A couple of the Man United were either on a short term loan at Preston or a six month loan which had run out, I'm not sure which. The other one was on a season long loan I think but I think Preston were fighting this one. It was a couple of weeks ago Im last saw something about it.