Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IM ALIVE

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Hello all,

Haven't posted in a while, so it may come as a shock to some of you that I'm still alive!!

Was at Naarwich yesterday with three mates. Attendence was very poor from our perspective. There seemed to be no-one around in the pubs before hand, whereas normally there seems to be Cardiff milling around, falling out of the hosteliery everywhere. That said, the local doormen were a bit heavy handed and didn't like us around. The first pub we were at, they wanted us out for our vocal support of Palace in their televised game with the Gypos. We were having a laugh and a drink with the Norwich fans in the pub but they said they 'didn't like the atmosphere' and we'd have to leave. To be fair, the Norwich fans were as good as gold with us and agreed when I told the no-necked Phil Mitchell wannabes that the only atmosphere is the one they were creating. Also, in the Darren Huckerby bar in the ground (which, admittedly we snuck into), they weren't to pleased to have us in there even though we were enjoying a few beers with the locals there too, all friendly like.

Wasn't the best of games and to be honest, I thought Norwich were going to take all three points. The Beast is a big fella, and makes a mockery of Peter Ridsdales assertion that I was, at 15 1/2 stone, too fat to play up front for City.

After the game we shot off down to London, driving round the west end of the big city like something from the Inbetweeners looking for a car parking space. We were guests of a few Chelsea lads and they treated us brilliantly. A brilliant night was had by the four of us - even at £4 a pint. We had a good crack, and they had nothing but good to say about Cardiff.

Just one more thing before I go. I can't believe the stick Carl is getting over his updates. The way I see it is he is only posting on here information he gets, the sort of info that is shared in pubs, via phonecalls etc countrywide. It makes no difference posting on here or having a chat with mates in the pub. Long may the updates continue!!

Re: IM ALIVE

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Glad to hear you're still alive! :D

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:16 pm

The Beast is a big fella, and makes a mockery of Peter Ridsdales assertion that I was, at 15 1/2 stone, too fat to play up front for City.

:lol:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:52 pm

good post Greg...... far too many take a messageboard seriously far too much, including the club and its staff!

its a laugh and banter , just like a pub exactly from Gwyns fat arse and poor jokes at the bar to dave from sheffield sat in the corner playing draughts .

maybe if they reduced the price of a pint and brought back having a fag...... messageboards would be empty! apart from the nerd of course. Even Dave i think would just about make the pub!