Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2 PLAYERS HAVING MEDICALS

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:04 pm

I've heard that two players are having medicals tomorrow at the Vale.

It's also been reported on CCMB.

Before anyone asks, I haven't got a clue who these players are!

Re: 2 PLAYERS HAVING MEDICALS

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:09 pm

They have medicals at Bupa dont they ? :roll:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:18 pm

You are probably right...I just had a text from a friend so I'm passing the info on.

Maybe it's a coincidence that someone on CCMB has also reported it.

I hope its true though.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Wait for Carl's update he is never far from the mark with transfer info. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Maybe Carl or Annis has heard something?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Its very easy to verify mate.
Someone is bound to see their wheelchairs outside either BUPA or the Vale tomorrow! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Its very easy to verify mate.
Someone is bound to see their wheelchairs outside either BUPA or the Vale tomorrow! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:26 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Its very easy to verify mate.

:lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:28 pm

I heard this aswell on Friday but my mate is always possitive about the City and over optomistic about things but he has good mates at the club so maybe something in it?

Medicals can be finalised at Bupa but I suppose the club doctor and mediacl tream can also do some of the medical at the Vale, especially fitness tests.

I think we will definitely have 2 players in by Friday but thats just my view, the more concerning thing to me would be the possible loss of any crucial players.

If we need to lose some wages then we need to loan out/sell unused players like Rae, Mathews, Gypes or Wildeg.

Regarding the Dave Jones issue I think whatever happens he has to stay at the club until this season ends, then a decision has to be made this rolling contract that means he always has 12 months on his contract has to be amended in the clubs favour for a start but if we fail again a decision about Jones must be made in May, any delay would be plain stupidity but for now he has to stay....they are all HIS players, HIS staff, HIS ideas etc and to change anything mid season whilst third in the league makes no sense...lets see what happens.

The problem people like myself, Gwyn, Annis etc or anyone who has supported the club for 40 years or more is that we are getting no younger and patience is not a trait that we can afford to have for many more years....this last few years including this one have been our very best chance to reach the top flight in my life time apart from the early 70's...us older ones won't get that many more better chances of promotion than we have now so there is pressure on Jones to deliver.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:47 pm

corky wrote:I heard this aswell on Friday but my mate is always possitive about the City and over optomistic about things but he has good mates at the club so maybe something in it?

Medicals can be finalised at Bupa but I suppose the club doctor and mediacl tream can also do some of the medical at the Vale, especially fitness tests.

I think we will definitely have 2 players in by Friday but thats just my view, the more concerning thing to me would be the possible loss of any crucial players.

If we need to lose some wages then we need to loan out/sell unused players like Rae, Mathews, Gypes or Wildeg.

Regarding the Dave Jones issue I think whatever happens he has to stay at the club until this season ends, then a decision has to be made this rolling contract that means he always has 12 months on his contract has to be amended in the clubs favour for a start but if we fail again a decision about Jones must be made in May, any delay would be plain stupidity but for now he has to stay....they are all HIS players, HIS staff, HIS ideas etc and to change anything mid season whilst third in the league makes no sense...lets see what happens.

The problem people like myself, Gwyn, Annis etc or anyone who has supported the club for 40 years or more is that we are getting no younger and patience is not a trait that we can afford to have for many more years....this last few years including this one have been our very best chance to reach the top flight in my life time apart from the early 70's...us older ones won't get that many more better chances of promotion than we have now so there is pressure on Jones to deliver.

Don't worry Corky, you will see Cardiff in the Premier League.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Shit that let that out. I’m a 58 year old centre back and my buddy is 57.
In our contract it’s stipulated we get the use of free mobility scooters when injured.
:old:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:16 pm

The midfield need mobilty scooters WHILST THEY ARE PLAYING!!! ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:19 pm

i want new players i dont care who there are it can only help competition :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:33 pm

These have been kept hush hush. It's not Vaughan he's on the bench today for Everton. Davey Jones pulled a fast one??? :lol: :lol: :lol: It's not Routledge either he's on the bench :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:38 pm

ihatealiens wrote:These have been kept hush hush. It's not Vaughan he's on the bench today for Everton. Davey Jones pulled a fast one??? :lol: :lol: :lol: It's not Routledge either he's on the bench :lol: :lol: :lol:

messi and Beckham :old:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:40 pm

it could be them, they might play today then drive down to city for medicals in the morning :D

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:41 pm

It's not James Collins either he's scored for the Villa :lol: Liverpools Wilson isn't on the bench - is it him? :lol: :lol: :lol: Probably some scottish lads :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Danny Shittu will be out of contract at Millwall on Thursday and he wasn't in their squad yesterday which is the first game in a while he hasn't played.

Could be he will be one signing this week. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:03 pm

I live about 2 mins walk from Bupa - shall I go and have a look?? :D :D :D

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:03 pm

castleblue wrote:Danny Shittu will be out of contract at Millwall on Thursday and he wasn't in their squad yesterday which is the first game in a while he hasn't played.

aint he signing for QPR?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:15 pm

glammy74 wrote:
castleblue wrote:Danny Shittu will be out of contract at Millwall on Thursday and he wasn't in their squad yesterday which is the first game in a while he hasn't played.

aint he signing for QPR?

Well he will be signing for someone this week why not us he is a player on DJ target list :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Shouldn't take long - All our players arrive with a sick note

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:21 pm

are 2 players really having medicals tomorrow?

or is it just rumours?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:23 pm

glammy74 wrote:are 2 players really having medicals tomorrow?

or is it just rumours?

no they are having them now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Annisis this legit?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:31 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

or is it just rumours?

it says on the start of the thread that they were having them tomorrow? :? :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:35 pm

glammy74 wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

or is it just rumours?

it says on the start of the thread that they were having them tomorrow? :? :lol: :lol:

you could be right, I'm hearing different, rumours rumours rumours eh??? :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet Annis is on the blower or down the CCS as we speak :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:41 pm

hmmmm, Corkys popped out the woodwork, maybe he's the contact of Carl Curtis, he says his mate has plenty of contacts at the club. :lol:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:44 pm

pressure on Carl Curtis to name these names, if he is a super snout he needs to deliver- no pressure Carl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Medicals could probably be done now at vale they have mini hospital there now recently built