Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Heard a lot of people

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:15 pm

say that this is the best squad in the league but is it really or are we just fooling ourselves? There are undoubtedly some good players in there but not all of them are playing anywhere near their potential and others, well you wouldn't really want them anywhere near your dream team for choice. And the transfer window. If this is the best squad then why is it so important to get new blood?

Is this the best squad? I'm not convinced so please, someone tell my why its better than the other top teams'. I think that I can remember someone saying that players and staff are costing between £250,000 to £300,000 per week. If so, it needs to be the best.

Re: Heard a lot of people

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Too Thin Fragments wrote:say that this is the best squad in the league but is it really or are we just fooling ourselves? There are undoubtedly some good players in there but not all of them are playing anywhere near their potential and others, well you wouldn't really want them anywhere near your dream team for choice. And the transfer window. If this is the best squad then why is it so important to get new blood?

Is this the best squad? I'm not convinced so please, someone tell my why its better than the other top teams'. I think that I can remember someone saying that players and staff are costing between £250,000 to £300,000 per week. If so, it needs to be the best.

Dave Jones stated its the Best Squad he has ever had.
He Has had 10 New players that he requested and Virtually lost No one from last Season.
Surely He cant fail This Season.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Too Thin Fragments wrote:say that this is the best squad in the league but is it really or are we just fooling ourselves? There are undoubtedly some good players in there but not all of them are playing anywhere near their potential and others, well you wouldn't really want them anywhere near your dream team for choice. And the transfer window. If this is the best squad then why is it so important to get new blood?

Dave Jones stated its the Best Squad he has ever had.
He Has had 10 New players that he requested and Virtually lost No one from last Season.
Surely He cant fail This Season.

Exactly correct Annis.

Last year's squad (which was good enough for the play-offs) minus Ledley (who hardly played last year) and Gerrard!

Yes, I haven't even mentioned that we added Oli, Bellers etc.

We should be walking it. This is why I have come around to your POV as far as the fool Jones is concerned.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Best squad in the division without doubt.

Your frontline alone (Chops, Bells & Jay) is a Premiership forward line.

If you didn't go up this year with the squad you have I would fear for you in the future.

Just being honest.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:29 pm

C-MOB wrote:Best squad in the division without doubt.

If you didn't go up this year with the squad you have I would fear for you in the future.

Just being honest.

spot on c mob

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Just being honest.

It's even more apparent when you look at Norwich and Watford who are flying high with teams of no-names and journeymen. No disrespect, fair play to them, but it makes us look like even bigger mugs. And you, to a lesser extent.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Damned Yank wrote:

Just being honest.

It's even more apparent when you look at Norwich and Watford who are flying high with teams of no-names and journeymen. No disrespect, fair play to them, but it makes us look like even bigger mugs. And you, to a lesser extent.

Yank we have our own has beens & journey men ourselves in, Leon Clarke, Clint Hill, Shaun Derry, Heidur Helguson to name but a few. The difference being we have a manager who makes the team play together & tick, something Cardiff lack slightly.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:33 pm

C-MOB wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:

Just being honest.

Yank we have our own has beens & journey men ourselves in, Leon Clarke, Clint Hill, Shaun Derry, Heidur Helguson to name but a few. The difference being we have a manager who makes the team play together & tick, something Cardiff lack slightly.

...we're on the same page.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:34 pm

I have said it many times , On paper we look and are great, but we play on grass not paper

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I have said it many times , On paper we look and are great, but we play on grass not paper

the manager is the answer to a lot of these questions.

Jones has assembled the squad to go up (said so himself at the start of the season) and now he's crumbling. It's plain to see for anyone who's willing to face the truth.