Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Brewery Field

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:24 pm

As I went to watch the might Bridgend Town beat some welsh club with a big name, I also went in the bar in the ground, just to let anyne live in or near bridgend that the brewery field is a great venue to watch live games, I shall be going to watch either the midland derby or the tyne wear derby tomorrow,

Wez I apolagize for not making it to your pub :lol:

Re: Brewery Field

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Awful pitch, not fit for football.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Agreed, the ball hardly bounced on the pitch and when a player done a long pass lets just say it wasnt long...but the venue i meant is the pubs with in mainstand, they've been added/refurbished either last year or the year before, they are excellent pubs. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Bars not pubs :roll:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Agreed, the ball hardly bounced on the pitch and when a player done a long pass lets just say it wasnt long...but the venue i meant is the pubs with in mainstand, they've been added/refurbished either last year or the year before, they are excellent pubs. :ayatollah:

Agree, went to a Wales game with the FAW couple of months ago, very good hospitality .

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:As I went to watch the might Bridgend Town beat some welsh club with a big name, I also went in the bar in the ground, just to let anyne live in or near bridgend that the brewery field is a great venue to watch live games, I shall be going to watch either the midland derby or the tyne wear derby tomorrow,

I live in Brackla dude, go down to the BF often. I like the new bar

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:54 am

Bluebird99 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:As I went to watch the might Bridgend Town beat some welsh club with a big name, I also went in the bar in the ground, just to let anyne live in or near bridgend that the brewery field is a great venue to watch live games, I shall be going to watch either the midland derby or the tyne wear derby tomorrow,

I live in Brackla dude, go down to the BF often. I like the new bar

I Live about a 3 minute walk from the ground, i live by penybont school , i might pop down later :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:10 pm

What do you mean ? Bridgend is not a Welsh club then ? this is what you wrote ,beat some welsh club with a big name!
so your english ru ? cos it sounds like a thing a englishman would say .

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:25 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:What do you mean ? Bridgend is not a Welsh club then ? this is what you wrote ,beat some welsh club with a big name!
so your english ru ? cos it sounds like a thing a englishman would say .

Or I simply could pronounce/spell the name. :roll:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:00 pm

The pitch is obviously not goingto be any good for football because it's a rugby ground, let's be blunt here.

The bar in the main stand, they did it up recently (by that I mean in the last year or so), didn't they?

Went to watch the RL challenge cup final down there in the summer, wound up all the yawnion fans a treat :lol:

It is looking smart in there now, fair play :P

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Yea the bars have been done up, the upstairs i think has also been done up, they even let businesses have conferences,meetings there. they have parties up there loads.

The bar to the left (when you enter the mainstand through its entrance) there are tv's everywhere, and its great as is the other one. All they need to do is do up the stands and add a new stand where the car park is, and i think it could be the 4th biggest stadium in wales :lol: