Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC & Jay Bothroyd (my view)

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:31 am

My personal view of what has happened is my opinion and simple:

I believe Cardiff will take the risk & not cash in on Jay, (and put themselves in the Ledley predicament once again!)
This year sees a greater chance of promotion than last year so the probability of him moving on is less likely now. As we all know Bothroyd is entitled to talk to other clubs now about a pre-contract, but I believe the fact of the matter Is he is a Cardiff Player until the summer and the club will refuse to sell him (unless there is a silly money offer!) which is also very unlikely! They will take the chance on keeping Jay in the hope that they can offer him a greater deal to stay depending on our position come May if he still wants to go, then so be it, But the likely outcome in becoming a striker that has legendary status within the club and helping us to reach top flight football will be too much of a temptation to turn down. Yes - money talks, but I'm pretty sure Jones has already told him he's not going anywhere until his contract expires. (which hopefully will be renewed! :ayatollah:

Re: CCFC & Jay Bothroyd (my view)

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:34 am

yes completely agree merlin!! we should take the risk and keep jay until the summer, forget about strikers & wingers, and get some defenders in asap!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:36 am

Good point but what i fear is that the Geordies are to resume talks with us on Monday they are obviously not put off with our demands.
Wish we could just tell them it's 2mill all upfront or fook off there again perhaps we have and they are coming back Monday to talk further hope not!!!.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:42 am

Bob Hatton wrote:Good point but what i fear is that the Geordies are to resume talks with us on Monday they are obviously not put off with our demands.
Wish we could just tell them it's 2mill all upfront or fook off there again perhaps we have and they are coming back Monday to talk further hope not!!!.

What demands? If they are to have supposedly offered £750,000 for him, I still think the board will see that they'll still make that out of Jay between now and hopefully promotion month? It all comes down to taking a risk, the club have the right to say no at any point, he might be allowed to talk to other clubs about a deal, but if Cardiff feel they won't benefit in any way from it, then they can simply tell Jay to wait til June 31st or whatever date his contract with us expires. Who knows though, Cardiff might be funding the vaughan deal with the Bothroyd money.... What would you do?