Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

couple of points about sam,,,,,,

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:38 pm

first of all im a sam fan, just a couple of points though, sam was forced to leave his beloved cardiff city, by the council fearing he would up and leave once the stadium was built, making a huge profit, and the stadium knocked down and sold to tescos, worst case scenario,,,,,, but, what if sam stayed, i do believe sams dream was taken away from him, but, his love for cardiff city meant he left. so the club could move forward,,,,at the time, what if sam said im not going,what would have happened then??/on to the money part of things,,,,,, sam used his own money, langstones, to finance the kav deals, thorne etc,that got us up and running, i still believe we would still be a 2nd league team without sam,, yes, the money we had was very high intrest, but sam was running the debt, better than a bank on the high street, i also think that if sam had got us to our position now, he would have looked for help in the way of backers to help us achieve our goal,,,all in all sam is a good man, made mistakes,, so who havent,,, but at the end of the day , where we are now is all down to sam, and i for one will welcome him back, because i do believe he loves the city :ayatollah:

Re: couple of points about sam,,,,,,

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Id welcome sam back in a heartbeat :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Sam please stay away, I'm sorry but I can remember the BAD days like when Kav was sold and when we were only hours from extinction when you were in charge so please don't come back here

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:24 pm

[quote="Pricey"]Sam please stay away, I'm sorry but I can remember the BAD days like when Kav was sold and when we were only hours from extinction when you were in charge so please don't come back here[/qu

I must have missed that bit, when were we hours from extinction, I remember when Sam was cornered by PMG into signing the club over to them or they threatened the club with admin if he wouldn't sign it over to them but I must have missed the going into extinction bit.

As for the selling Kavanagh, that came as a shock, club sells player to raise money for wages and other running costs, don't tell me you only just sta'trted watching us again after the club sold Toshack, your one of them aren't you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:31 pm

FAO ninianblue
What have you been drinking tonight? Martini and Lucozade?? :lol:

You can't quite re-write history like that.

Sam never put any money into CCFC. He just ran up a £24M debt which we had no way of re-paying. Did Doncaster spend £24M to get from the Dungeon to the Championship?? The best thing that Sam did for CCFC was quit when he did.

You all seem to forget that because of Sam, no bank in the World would lend to CCFC. But PMG would - at an extortionate rate of interest. Anyone on this board that criticises Guy and Hall (and Ridsdale for that matter) must first of all blame Sam Hammam for feeding CCFC to these sharks.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:33 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Pricey wrote:Sam please stay away, I'm sorry but I can remember the BAD days like when Kav was sold and when we were only hours from extinction when you were in charge so please don't come back here[/qu

I must have missed that bit, when were we hours from extinction, I remember when Sam was cornered by PMG into signing the club over to them or they threatened the club with admin if he wouldn't sign it over to them but I must have missed the going into extinction bit.

As for the selling Kavanagh, that came as a shock, club sells player to raise money for wages and other running costs, don't tell me you only just sta'trted watching us again after the club sold Toshack, your one of them aren't you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hes saying how it is gwyn its his point after all thats is what happend the trouble is half the board on this forum are hanging out the back of sam like hes a god ,dont get me wrong we wouldnt be where we was without him but also wouldnt owe millions of pounds out aka loan notes :ayatollah: thats football i guess.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:38 pm

ritaccfc wrote:FAO ninianblue

Sam never put any money into CCFC. He just ran up a £24M debt which we had no way of re-paying. Did Doncaster spend £24M to get from the Dungeon to the Championship?? The best thing that Sam did for CCFC was quit when he did.

You all seem to forget that because of Sam, no bank in the World would lend to CCFC. But PMG would - at an extortionate rate of interest. Anyone on this board that criticises Guy and Hall (and Ridsdale for that matter) must first of all blame Sam Hammam for feeding CCFC to these sharks.

good post :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:48 pm

we were a team going nowhere fast, sam did use his own money, come langston, to put the club on its feet, what would have happened if the council, said, ok, we are ok with sam staying , and build the stadium, sam remains in charge, i dont know the answer, but the foundations of where we are now, and if we get in to the prem are all down to sam,,,,, and i hate to mention it, what clubs arent in debt,,,, maybe sam took a gamble,,,,, and, if a bank did lend us money they wouldnt have been as nice as sam, they would have wanted there money, if not , were gone, sam has been patient, all for his love of the city,

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:48 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:02 pm

ok, just to prove my point, i wish sam had never come to the city, we would have been a plymouth 10 years ago, and there b e2000 people at ninian park tomorrow, ?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:10 pm

ninianblue wrote:ok, just to prove my point, i wish sam had never come to the city, we would have been a plymouth 10 years ago, and there b e2000 people at ninian park tomorrow, ?

Well, at least that's 2,000 more than there will be there tomorrow. And I know for a FACT that Annis would be happy. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 pm

when i wrote that, i thought some dick is going to say, were playing away tomorrow, so why would they be 2000 people at ninian park :ayatollah: :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:16 pm

1 He`s honest

2 He`s reliable

3 He`s trustworthy

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:28 pm

and i bet your all the ones that love the malasians, and havent got a clue of there intentions, 5 years down the line, we might be having the same conversation, only different people :roll:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:19 am

There are so many things wrong with this post I'm not even going to bother to correct you, but I would suggests you should get some facts right before spouting off about stuff you don't know the facts about. Not trying to belittle you its just that so many people spout of and lot's of things they take as facts are total bollox. :shock:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:33 am

BigGwynram wrote:

There are so many things wrong with this post I'm not even going to bother to correct you, but I would suggests you should get some facts right before spouting off about stuff you don't know the facts about. Not trying to belittle you its just that so many people spout of and lot's of things they take as facts are total bollox. :shock:

Debug it for us then,As i see it these are facts,DID SAM NOT BRING THESE PPL TO CCFC? or is that wrong,did he not put loans in the club.Im kind of lost here.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:47 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Sam never put any money into CCFC.
Have you forgotten or ignored the 3.5 million he used of his own money to buy the club initially, or doesn't that count.

He just ran up a £24M debt which we had no way of re-paying.
He ran up a 24 million pound debt, building the club up form the shit hole it was, were you there, have you forgotten about the academy, the new pitch, the grangend roof, the car park, the John Charles suite, the Canton stand hospitality, the bars and catering the toilets, the ticket office the playing squad that got us promotion twice in three years, Where were you when this was happening?

Did Doncaster spend £24M to get from the Dungeon to the Championship?? The best thing that Sam did for CCFC was quit when he did.

You all seem to forget that because of Sam, no bank in the World would lend to CCFC. The Citi Bank lent us 24 million, before Sam came Borley was having to re mortgage his house to keep us going week to week coz no one would come near us/

But PMG would - at an extortionate rate of interest. PMG did not lend us the 9 million pound shortfall, the Principality building Society did and PMG went as guarantors.

Anyone on this board that criticises Guy and Hall (and Ridsdale for that matter) must first of all blame Sam Hammam for feeding CCFC to these sharks.

Between all these people you describe as sharks, we now have a first class stadium, we are second in the Championship, we have billionaire investors on board, and regularly play in front of 24,000+ crowds, I ask again were you there before Sam came?

Debug it for us then,As i see it these are facts,DID SAM NOT BRING THESE PPL TO CCFC? or is that wrong,did he not put loans in the club.Im kind of lost here.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:15 am

Are we forgetting that he IS langston and he effectively loaned money to himself?

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:13 am

Steve Van Halen wrote:Are we forgetting that he IS langston and he effectively loaned money to himself?

When was that announced, a lot of us suspected it but where did you get the info from, have you thought of going to the press with this, there could be a little earner for you. Thanks for the info, going to make some calls now and pass it on. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:15 am

:?