Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE ECHO ARE RUNNING TOMORROW WITH "

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 pm

What Jay has tonight said on his Twitter . That he is happy to stay, but they have not spoke to him direct.

Re: " THE ECHO ARE RUNNING TOMORROW WITH "

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Of course he is happy to stay big wages for him in the summer on a free transfer (like Ledley) or the premiership with Cardiff and new contract talks. Money talks every time. Who can blame him? :oops: :oops:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What Jay has tonight said on his Twitter . That he is happy to stay, but they have not spoke to him direct.

his twitter will add even more now.

for example his last tweet.

NEWCASTLE ARE GREAT CLUB BUT I REALLY HAPPY AT CARDIFF.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What Jay has tonight said on his Twitter . That he is happy to stay, but they have not spoke to him direct.

Then Monday they will run with "Jay close to move to Toon" :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:35 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

Hmm

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Hmm

i thought that to hmmm. just bugs me so much he should come out in press say it? but will he? you prob no that answer to that annis.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:42 pm

lazy journalism

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 pm

As I said, Jays going nowhere. We will sell no important players this transfer window, of that I am certain.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:54 pm

harold pinta wrote:As I said, Jays going nowhere. We will sell no important players this transfer window, of that I am certain.

Harold, that Will make me a happy Fan, But then I Def Believe We then Wont Buy Big.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:01 pm

reassuring words from Jay mind :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Lets just hope jay stays :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
harold pinta wrote:As I said, Jays going nowhere. We will sell no important players this transfer window, of that I am certain.

Harold, that Will make me a happy Fan, But then I Def Believe We then Wont Buy Big.

I can't see us throwing money around like we have in the past, and I am happy with that, we seem to be run by some pretty sensible people (if that's not an oxymoron) now.

Yes big name players get us publicity and get the demand for tickets up, but the very shrewd signing of Jon Parkin is what i would like to see more of. I don't think he's going to score 20 goals or anything but I think he could turn out to be a very good buy.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Do they do any of their own work????

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:21 pm

I have put some feelers out and will report back on Sunday. Initial feedback is that Harold is correct and unless a 2 mill quid plus bid comes in ALL OR MOST UP FRONT then Jay stays regardless.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:38 pm

I firmly believe Jay is a man of his word, and that he fully intends to stay at Cardiff City and make all the difference in the Final Push. Jay is so important to our chances of promotion, we know this and he knows this. Jay has an opportunity to become a true Bluebird Legend by firing in (and making) the goals to get us up.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:39 pm

I firmly believe Jay is a man of his word, and that he fully intends to stay at Cardiff City and make all the difference in the Final Push. Jay is so important to our chances of promotion, we know this and he knows this. Jay has an opportunity to become a true Bluebird Legend by firing in (and making) the goals to get us up.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Deckard wrote:I firmly believe Jay is a man of his word, and that he fully intends to stay at Cardiff City and make all the difference in the Final Push. Jay is so important to our chances of promotion, we know this and he knows this. Jay has an opportunity to become a true Bluebird Legend by firing in (and making) the goals to get us up.

Any walk of life gets more money else where 99% of the time they go and all the excuses and twitter feeds in the world will NOT change this :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:10 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Deckard wrote:I firmly believe Jay is a man of his word, and that he fully intends to stay at Cardiff City and make all the difference in the Final Push. Jay is so important to our chances of promotion, we know this and he knows this. Jay has an opportunity to become a true Bluebird Legend by firing in (and making) the goals to get us up.

Any walk of life gets more money else where 99% of the time they go and all the excuses and twitter feeds in the world will NOT change this :ayatollah:

Sorry I don't understand what you have tried to say here.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:11 pm

A couple of emu`s ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:33 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Any walk of life gets more money else where 99% of the time they go and all the excuses and twitter feeds in the world will NOT change this :ayatollah:

True but also 99% of jobs you do not sign a contract to say; I'll work for you for 3 years ;)

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:38 pm

I doubt Jay is pushing for a move. If he goes IMO it will be because the club want to cash in..... Which i think would be silly

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I doubt Jay is pushing for a move. If he goes IMO it will be because the club want to cash in..... Which i think would be silly

I've been saying this all along Luke and begining to feel like a stuck record :lol:

1: DJ has said we dont need to sell any players
2: Bothroyd has stated he doesn't want to go
3: We would get very little money for him now
4: He could get alot higher wages going on a free in the summer
5: We only paid £300,000 for him so how much do we actually lose if he went on a free end of season
6: His goals are more valuable then any money we may get for him in January
7: If we go up he'll be in a better position than he would be by moving to Newcastle, ie settled..

etc etc... :old:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:11 am

joncandy wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I doubt Jay is pushing for a move. If he goes IMO it will be because the club want to cash in..... Which i think would be silly

I've been saying this all along Luke and begining to feel like a stuck record :lol:

1: DJ has said we dont need to sell any players
2: Bothroyd has stated he doesn't want to go
3: We would get very little money for him now
4: He could get alot higher wages going on a free in the summer
5: We only paid £300,000 for him so how much do we actually lose if he went on a free end of season
6: His goals are more valuable then any money we may get for him in January
7: If we go up he'll be in a better position than he would be by moving to Newcastle, ie settled..

etc etc... :old:

Good and well thought out post IMO. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:37 am

joncandy wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Any walk of life gets more money else where 99% of the time they go and all the excuses and twitter feeds in the world will NOT change this :ayatollah:

True but also 99% of jobs you do not sign a contract to say; I'll work for you for 3 years ;)

contracts in football are not worth the paper there wrote on lets be fair :lol:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:12 am

I think Jay's ego would love him to be the man who fired the goals to get us up. In fairness, he has never said he wants to go and he knows he is adored by the majority of city fans. If we do go up, he negotiates a big pay day with us, and if we don't he walks for free and a big signing on fee - its win, win for Jay. The board need to reject all offers unless its silly money - say over £5million, as we potentially lose £90 million if we don't go up.