Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay bothroyd risk

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 pm

i think weve got to take a risk and keep him im pretty certain we will go up if he stays but we are going to struggle without him !we wont get anything for him in the summer but i think he has a value of 90m because he will get us promoted ! if we dont go up and all the players leave in the summer and we dont get anything for jay i think we will be safe because the malaysians have the dosh to keep us afloat with! take a risk city is it worth selling him for so little !? :ayatollah:

Re: Jay bothroyd risk

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:23 pm

i agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:25 pm

jonesCCFC wrote:i agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

correct £750k or 50 million i know which one i would tke cmon VT you suppose to be a gambler :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 pm

ino which one i would take too :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:41 pm

If we keep Jay until the summer we have every chance of promotion and if we went up i think there is a good chance he would stay with us because we could then give him what he wants..... Premiership football. However i think if the offer is big enough probably 3m plus i think City will be willing to sell and then use the money to get in a decent centre half, stiker and winger.

Personally apart from the money i don't see what Newcastle can offer Jay it's a lot further from London than Cardiff he is unlikely to be first choice striker there's no guarantee that Pardew will manage Jay the way DJ does and if Caroll goes and they use Jay as his replacement it wouldn't take long for the Geordies to turn on him as they aren't the most patient of fans :roll:

So offer jay a decent contract at least matching Hudsons wage until the end of the Season with a clause that if we go up and he stays he gets a rise to give him say 20k plus and also a get out clause that if we don't go up he can leave for free :(

If we are serious about getting promotion we need to keep Jay and we need him back on the pitch playing and scoring goals ASAP
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:51 pm

ye we seem to be more about money than football recently but naw weve got the backing to risk and if it doesnt work weve got a big malaysian pillow to land on !