Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ridsdale early problems..LOL

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:50 pm

From the BBC website......................

"750,000 is five months' worth of taxes left unpaid by Plymouth Argyle "group of companies" (of which there are a dizzying number), a sum HMRC had to go to court to obtain. The good news is the club has paid all of that debt and a much smaller amount which was the subject of a second HMRC winding-up petition last week.

The money has been cobbled together by emptying the club coffers, diverting their share of the Football League's broadcast contract direct to the taxman and selling their best players.

That last source of revenue that has been by far the most fruitful: the transfers of Craig Noone (to Brighton & Hove Albion), Reda Johnson (Sheffield Wednesday) and George Donnelly (Fleetwood Town) have brought in over £500,000. This is good business in the current market and the club's "financial consultant" Peter Ridsdale should be (begrudgingly, perhaps?) congratulated for insisting these fees are paid up front.

Ridsdale had also hoped to be banking another £300,000 from Reading in return for Argyle's top scorer, Bradley Wright-Phillips. That would have enabled him to pay off all of the £500,000 in tax debt that has accumulated since HMRC started chasing the last lot.

Unfortunately, Wright-Phillips failed his medical at Reading and if there is one owner in football who isn't going to buy a nice runner with gremlins under the bonnet it is Auto Trader founder John Madejski.

Without BWP's cheque, Ridsdale will only be able to pay half of the new debt next week, although he is confident the rest will be found soon. The former Leeds United, Barnsley and Cardiff City controversialist is also optimistic HMRC can be persuaded to wait for their £250,000 without the formality of issuing another winding-up petition.

How does he get away with clubs believing he will do any good for them???????
He must have his own parking space at the HRMC now :D

Re: Ridsdale early problems..LOL

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Feel sorry for PAFC though , not him ;)

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 pm

interesting read, Hmm.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:02 pm

On a serious note, did he sell his house in the end?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 pm

dunno but he needs to seeing as Shaun W Phillips aint fit enough to sell

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Hows Jules then?
Didnt make Watford as you know, had a bender the night before with some old school mates lol, think the jack danials was good :(

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm

"We wanna go hoooome, Watfords a shit hole we wanna go home"

Think that sums the day up m8, it was my sons 15th birthday to so he was gutted :(

You missed nothing m8

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Phyl,

You had a bender the night before?

Something you need to tell us?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Evening Matty,

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:12 pm

i bet you two things, hes staying at the best hotel in plymouth, 5 star, and a top of the range car, and his expenses are sky high,,, but fair play hes doing it for free :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:26 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:dunno but he needs to seeing as Shaun W Phillips aint fit enough to sell

Sounds an ideal signing for us :lol:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 am

"Controversialist". That made me laugh I have to say.

I would have used the word "wanker" myself but I suppose they might have had a few problems with that.