Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE SOLUTION AND THE ANSWER TO OUR PROBLEM

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Pleas post your answers, because as I see it if the Malaysians are happy to and can strike a deal with Sam that suits both parties, then whatever we say or do is going to make little difference.

I am sure the Malaysians are open to listen to any other alternatives or solution to this matter, so if any of you have the answer please let them know.

Oh by the way those of you that are saying they will rip up their season tickets and never watch the City again if Sam returns, I wouldn't consider that an alternative solution to help the Malaysians come to an answer.

But if that's the only alternative you can come up with then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: THE SOLUTION AND THE ANSWER TO OUR PROBLEM

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:57 pm

why do we have to keep on playing the violins over the same topic week in week out :old:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:01 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:why do we have to keep on playing the violins over the same topic week in week out :old:

Because it's on-going and not going to go away I suppose.

My stance is to back the Malaysians whatever they decide. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:01 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Pleas post your answers, because as I see it if the Malaysians are happy to and can strike a deal with Sam that suits both parties, then whatever we say or do is going to make little difference.

I am sure the Malaysians are open to listen to any other alternatives or solution to this matter, so if any of you have the answer please let them know.

Oh by the way those of you that are saying they will rip up their season tickets and never watch the City again if Sam returns, I wouldn't consider that an alternative solution to help the Malaysians come to an answer.

gwyn as i have said in a previous post whatever we say or do or threaten to do will have no bearing whatsoever on the malaysians decision on anything concerned with their business :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:26 pm

I fully believe they will make the correct business decision, and that will get our club out of the sh!t we've been in for so long.

Anyone who wants to rip their season ticket up think before you do and post them to me :P

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:29 pm

It's out of our hands, what will be will be.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Western Blue wrote:I fully believe they will make the correct business decision, and that will get our club out of the sh!t we've been in for so long.

Anyone who wants to rip their season ticket up think before you do and post them to me :P

The Malaysians will make the "correct" business decision, in their view, that maximises their chance of a financial return. Nothing more nothing less.

As long as that doesn't damage the club, great.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:37 pm

I would love to see Sam back. I'm sure there is a position he could fill. Everyone wants to talk about his weak points , but let's remember his strong points too ..... ie The Academy in particular.

People seem to post thinking Sam will come back and things will be like when he left - but that surely won't be the case. I think he won't be chairman etc , so I hope he is offered a suitable role and we can move forward. All the anti-Sam brigade are worried over nothing , I hope. We need a figurehead , a guy who talks our club up in the press , a guy who is totally onboard ................ We need a guy to push us forward.

I don't know TLG. I think I met Annis once and maybe Carl once , so I am not a person who has been "conditioned" by them into believing Sam's ideal. I make my own mind up , and above paragraphs are mine and mine only.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:51 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Pleas post your answers, because as I see it if the Malaysians are happy to and can strike a deal with Sam that suits both parties, then whatever we say or do is going to make little difference.

Good question, Gwyn....

Personally, and my opinion HAS changed, I'd be happy (to some extent) to have Sam back IF a deal could be reached where the 'debt' could be written off and he is given a role within the club....thereby releasing funds to buy new players NOW!!

That role in my opinion, could be an 'honorary' one, such as Honorary President and that should be a 'figure head only' role where he (Sam) can be invoved in any glory that comes our way, whilst being kept out of the financial side....

Sam's experience MIGHT prove invaluable if channelled properly....

:ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :)
:) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Good question, Gwyn....

Personally, and my opinion HAS changed, I'd be happy (to some extent) to have Sam back IF a deal could be reached where the 'debt' could be written off and he is given a role within the club....thereby releasing funds to buy new players NOW!!

That role in my opinion, could be an 'honorary' one, such as Honorary President and that should be a 'figure head only' role where he (Sam) can be invoved in any glory that comes our way, whilst being kept out of the financial side....

Sam's experience MIGHT prove invaluable if channelled properly....

:ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :)
:) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah:

I'll bet he'll rip their hands of for that deal, sound irresistible Honorary President purely a figurehead role for 24 Million, he better nip in quick before the rush of others wanting to take this offer up suddenly turns into a deluge :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure you are saying that as tongue in cheek, fair play you made it sound so tempting, nearly fell for it. ;)

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:09 pm

i would bet he would get us a better deal from newcastle for jay than we end up with thats where his strenth lies

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks, Gwyn....I was, of course, being a little tongue-in-cheek ;)

I DO believe that Sam could come back IF he wrote off the debt (or most of) which I personaly believe to this day was solely down to him and which, to me, has never been properly/satisfactorily explained :(

I wouldn't begrudge him that to some extent, given he did start the 'modern' ball rolling....but I don't believe he should have ANY real power (especially not financial) which is probably at odds with the assumption that he will have 'written off' between £3.50 and £147 million depending on which 'story' is to be believed.... :lol:

The 'Langston' saga HAS sullied what was a super era in this club's history, BUT we are still here...just :roll:

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:
:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 pm

[quote="Sven Ghali"]Thanks, Gwyn....I was, of course, being a little tongue-in-cheek ;)

I DO believe that Sam could come back IF he wrote off the debt (or most of) which I personaly believe to this day was solely down to him and which, to me, has never been properly/satisfactorily explained :(

I wouldn't begrudge him that to some extent, given he did start the 'modern' ball rolling....but I don't believe he should have ANY real power (especially not financial) which is probably at odds with the assumption that he will have 'written off' between £3.50 and £147 million depending on which 'story' is to be believed.... :lol:

The 'Langston' saga HAS sullied what was a super era in this club's history, BUT we are still here...just :roll:

This 24 million pound debt, do they think it went on Bentleys and helicopters, no that was the other one, if Sam hadn't spent millions on the old Ninian park, our capacity level was about to be down graded to 11,000.

He made mistakes and the biggest one was treating it as we the fans would and trying to rush things, the man as got no patience, but as a fan of 45 years I'd used up all my patience and I wanted overnight success, a bit like Sam did, I was fed up of hearing about building from the base up and long term plans, they had got us nowhere.

He wanted us to be in the Premiership, and like he wanted it yesterday, how much of the money do you think was spent on upgrading Ninian Park, how much on players to get us two promotions in three years, yes we paid big wages, no fucker would have come to play for us if we didn''t. How much do you think was pent on planning applications and feasibility studies for the new stadium etc. f**k me if as some people say Sam was just there to rip us off, he din't do a very god job did he.

He?Langstones took over the 24 million pound citi bank loan as an un-secured loan, how many other people have done that and at the base rate of interest, no disrespect to Michael Isaacs and others, but how much interest do you think they charged us.

People have no concerns about VT coming into the club, do you think he's giving us his money or loaning it to us, do you think he's doing it because he's a big football fan or he sees the potential to make more money for himself, is there anything wrong with that?

If Sam comes back in some role at the personal invitation of Vt, I for one will have no problem with that, actually I believe it will be a great mix if they can work together. If it's acceptable to VT then those that say they will burn their season tickets, so be it, can't see that worrying VT.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:56 pm

gwyn in my opinion it when not if sam comes back. they may try and get away with offering X amount now, and see where the future months take us.
either way business men, are business men and they dont become successful in there chosen field by throwing away 24 million + intrest to people.