Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: To all you Jay lovers!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Midfield general wrote:Its about time you all woke up and realised that he's shit on us like many before him. Using the club and its supporters as a stepping stone to better their careers!!!!

How on earth can we keep him when it wasnt long ago when we seen Ledleys head turned by Stoke and after the club rejected the bid Ledley never played to that level for the club ever again.

He wants out then Im happy to drive him to the airport himself

agree 100% :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:53 pm

I wouldn't go down the shit on us route but I fully agree that if Bothroyd wishes to move on then let him go.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:54 pm

nothing new "im foccused on getting cardiff promoted" his words afew weeks back ,then he was homesick and wanted a return to london now he could be off to other end of the country to keep the bench snugg with the other 5strikers on it or in the stands so be it:lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Midfield general wrote:Its about time you all woke up and realised that he's shit on us like many before him. Using the club and its supporters as a stepping stone to better their careers!!!!

How on earth can we keep him when it wasnt long ago when we seen Ledleys head turned by Stoke and after the club rejected the bid Ledley never played to that level for the club ever again.

He wants out then Im happy to drive him to the airport myself

i agree totally :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Were all deluded if we think any player is loyal to the club or for that matter any other players and their clubs. Tmes have changed :(

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Midfield general wrote:
bluecyw wrote:Were all deluded if we think any player is loyal to the club or for that matter any other players and their clubs. Tmes have changed :(

Even to the club who give him his final chance at this level and turned him from a average championship player to a England international!!!!! We are also giving him a opportunity to pocket as much money as he wants if he run his contract down so what else could the club do to keep him!!!!

The guy is a 1st class cnut!!!!

maybe he wants to return to the player that half a dozen clubs in 2years let him do that,Only thing that i dont get is hes playing regular scoring goals and before this all hes ever done was play the odd 1st team game ,warm the bench up ,reserve team football,sat in the stands at all his other clubs so i dont see any thing diffrent if he goes to toon,its all about the £££ thats it bottom line.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Can't believe some of you on this thread and topic! :?

He hasn't gone yet and he may not even leave, or be allowed to leave, so don't you think it's best to wait and see what does happen, before you start calling him your choice names?

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2 ... me+Page%29

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Can't believe some of you on this thread and topic! :?

He hasn't gone yet and he may not even leave, or be allowed to leave, so don't you think it's best to wait and see what does happen, before you start calling him your choice names?

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:10 pm

absolutely - we know Jay reads this board, so whats he going to make of this.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Except that him leaving for a pittance, regardless of who drives him to the airport is the worst outcome for the club.

Let him join Newcastle. or whoever else for that matter, in the summer.

We won't care, we'll have 90 million quid to buy whoever we like by then. But without Jay, mark my words we'll still be in this league come June.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:16 pm

no loyalty in footballers these days, its only us fans with any loyalty, sad, still thats what monies done to the game :(

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:19 pm

JAY if you are reading this, then great to see you stay and fight to get us up there, but if you dont want to stay Goodbye and goodluck... DJ put his faith in you and it has paid off, hope you can still do it without him !!!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:25 pm

a player is a player not a fan,so loyality does not come into it ,its just a job nothing else to a player who come s from somewhere else,learnt not to get hung up over players wanting to leave us a longtime ago.all i ask is as long as they are playing for cardiff they give it 100%.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:49 pm

beddau blue wrote:

So you know that he's going to go for a fact do you? :?

If he did go and he could only leave in this transfer window if the club agreed to it, then can you blame him?

He's getting a reported £8,000 per week (I think that's what Carl said he's on with us), so if another club came in and offered him say £30,000 per week, wouldn't you have thought that he'd be mad to turn that sort of money down, especially as when it looks like this is possibly his last chance of a big pay packet?

Before we start running him down, let's not forget that he didn't ask for a transfer to Newcastle and that it was them that came in with an offer for him!

The club would be quite within their rights to turn any offer down at the moment, but we also don't know whether they are trying to work some deal with Newcaastle, which may mean Routledge and or another Newcastle player, possibly coming the other way!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Best of luck to him. But, I cant see him playing when Newcastles front men are fit. He will have to sit on their bench and count his cash !!

Bloooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Sorry dont agree with you, Jay has done well for us, ok we have done well for him also.
All pros want to play at the top, jay just wants the same, we can all look to blame some one be it DJ or Jay himself.
But at this time he is still a city player and if he plays next week he will be there braking his ball for the full 90mins to help us get where we want to be , and the same place as any and all players want to be. So while he still wears that Blue Bird of his chest, lets treat him as one of our best .

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:01 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

Sorry dont agree with you, Jay has done well for us, ok we have done well for him also.
All pros want to play at the top, jay just wants the same, we can all look to blame some one be it DJ or Jay himself.
But at this time he is still a city player and if he plays next week he will be there braking his ball for the full 90mins to help us get where we want to be , and the same place as any and all players want to be. So while he still wears that Blue Bird of his chest, lets treat him as one of our best .

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:10 pm

he havent shit on us just wants to go to a better paid job.

Good luck jay :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Very injury prone player who will only pick up more injuries is that what we really want?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:26 pm

I've said numerous times that we need Jay if we are to get promoted the easy way - without him is a massive gamble so lets hope he is smart enough to stay here, get us promoted then he can bugger off and collect his pay day.

Money talks nowadays and i'd be a foolish man to turn down 30k plus pw (whihc is at least 300% increase) in my job?!?!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 pm

murphy wrote:

he havent shit on us just wants to go to a better paid job.

Good luck jay :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

well said - Jay has been a good servant to us and if he goes, we should wish him luck.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Players leave. Get over it. We've just got to hope that we replace him with someone of a similar ability.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Jay is feared by the Jacks and the other teams at the top of the league. The reason for this is pure and simple - the man is Class - we desperately need his contribution to kick on and try to clinch an auto spot. I think Jay will stay and review his options when City's fate is decided - and not before.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Jay has been our best player for three years, if he moves on and its to a bigger club then I wish him all the best.

A lot of numpties that know f**k ALL about football dont rate him

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:00 pm

My gut feeling he will stay with us and get us promoted and he will then demand one hell of a contract to stay (deservedly so)

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Im also sure he will stay, And even if he do go lets Remember NO player is bigger thean the club,The club will be here long after Jay has gone, and long after all of us has gone, But his name will always be spoke of or should be with great affection for what he has done for this club and the 100% effort he puts in, in every game he plays. A TRUE BlueBird :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Footballers are professionals ofcourse theyre always looking to better their careers or join better clubs. Theyre not shitting on us. It's not personal.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:29 pm

If Jay goes to Newcastle it would likely mean something like an extra £2.5m for
him over three years. Who on earth would turn that down unless they had CCFC
tattoed through their bones?

Also.. its the Premiership, NOW... possibly his last chance.

JAY... if you read this, whatever you choose to do.. good luck, you arent a tosser
and have been a great player for us!

Lads... forget about loyalty, football HAS changed. Back in the day when they were
all on £500 a week it was different. WE arent loyal in our jobs, if another employer
offered ANY plumber or sparKie on here FOUR TIMES the amount he's on to go work
for them... they would go. We all would.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:32 pm

taffyapple wrote:If Jay goes to Newcastle it would likely mean something like an extra £2.5m for
him over three years. Who on earth would turn that down unless they had CCFC
tattoed through their bones?

Also.. its the Premiership, NOW... possibly his last chance.

JAY... if you read this, whatever you choose to do.. good luck, you arent a tosser
and have been a great player for us!

Lads... forget about loyalty, football HAS changed. Back in the day when they were
all on £500 a week it was different. WE arent loyal in our jobs, if another employer
offered ANY plumber or sparKie on here FOUR TIMES the amount he's on to go work
for them... they would go. We all would.

well said taff that best post i read all night :ayatollah:

spot on fair play