Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SOME OF OUR IDEAS

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:50 am

We have discussed with Scott,making use of some of our old players for events.

Scott was excited by this and feels the players would love to help out. They got together for the Stuart Cable benefit game in Cwmaman this year and had a great get together, we are looking to set up an old legends team/club type thing and arrange games to benefit this Kids development scheme.

Personally I think that using our old legends to make new ones is a great idea a and a win win for everyone.
Just my opinion, but the retired players especially to us older heads will always have a special place in our hearts and heads, but I'm sure they must feel left out, sort of I've done my bit and now I'm discarded and forgotten, this couldn't be further from the truth and I'm sure like me most people don't want to bother them or intrude, yet I am sure a lot of them will enjoy the chance to help out and be part of things, so watch this space.

We could do an audience with type thing, question and answers, a bit of old footage, you know the typ of thing that Scott Young goal against leeds, I know it wa so long ago it's in black and white and 8 mm cine projector mode :lol: but you get the idea.

I am excited by the prospect and we can tour round the areas having great get togethers and raising money for the scheme.

We can all sit back and wait for others to set things up, and we can wait and wait, but if we the fans want things to happen then let's get organised and do it ourselves, everyone can play their part.Thee future is bright and it's blue and white.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27677 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: SOME OF OUR IDEAS

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:27 am

Another great idea Gwyn.

I'm sure some of the players would honored to do it. Players like Dale, Pikey etc. You could also run another Q and A session on this board, whereby you pay say, £5 a question. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Count me in for any Audience with ......... thing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:26 pm

That's two of us then. :lol:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:32 pm

What about holding a football festival from under 8s up to 13s would make a bit of money but also would pick up some talent. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Gwyn great idea if you want to use Aberdare Rugby Club for a Q&A session with some of the City legends (Would love to see Dwyer, Perry, Dale,Pikey etc again) let me know and i will get it sorted. The function room as just been renovated and we have a large scrren both upstairs and downstairs that could show City footage i am sure we would get a great turnout from Aberdare, Mountain Ash and the surrounding villages and raise a lot of money for the Academy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 pm

I'm excited as hell just about the possibility of chatting and reminiscing about old time with so many of the players who I can think of. :old:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:00 pm

I can now give you the details of the account.

Cardiff City Forum Academy Fund.

Sort Code :- 09-01-27

Account No:- 85932151

These are the details that you were all waiting for and will now enable you to pay in donations by direct debit. I would like to thank you for your patience with regards to the opening of this account but I wanted to ensure that we had the right interest bearing account and also with no bank charges.

I can also confirm that Santander Bank is Our Bank :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:02 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I'm excited as hell just about the possibility of chatting and reminiscing about old time with so many of the players who I can think of. :old:

Would love to be able to get hold of Phil Stantona he would be a hell of a speaker :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 pm

birchblue wrote:What about holding a football festival from under 8s up to 13s would make a bit of money but also would pick up some talent. :ayatollah:

Best idea that. Trouble is City cant spot talent - havent any decent scouts :lol: :lol: i can invite a few from other clubs though.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Gwyn

I love your enthusiasm and I agree we must take this out to as many areas as we can so all can see what we are trying to achieve. This is going to make such a difference to young children and in the future the club will benefit also.

Keep your ideas coming mate.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Daya wrote:
birchblue wrote:What about holding a football festival from under 8s up to 13s would make a bit of money but also would pick up some talent. :ayatollah:

Best idea that. Trouble is City cant spot talent - havent any decent scouts :lol: :lol: i can invite a few from other clubs though.

Forgot about that just have a festival anyway we do one every year and make thousands for our club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:12 pm

birchblue wrote:
Daya wrote:

Forgot about that just have a festival anyway we do one every year and make thousands for our club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Festival would be great, come on Gwyn get it organised!! My boys will win the U12.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:55 am

I went to a Trust organised event with Jason Perry & Andy Legg doing a Q & A session last year at the Duke of Clarence and it was a great night. Unfortunatley it wasn't well supported but you could see the potential these kind of events could have if they were advertised.

I would also like to see the old 'quiz' night make an appearance, which would be very interesting if posters who snipe at each other could arrange teams and face each other down over a general knowledge duel :naka:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:12 am

What about a black tie event? Have a special legends night at somewhere like City Hall with guest speakers old and current. You could have a charity raffle with City memorabilia, tickets, etc up for grabs, you could have an awards ceremony with catergories like best ever goal, best manager, lifetime achievement award etc etc. You could also use the event to tie in all the other fundraising and thank all the people involved.

With a black tie event you could ask local companies to sponsor prizes and they could also bring guests. If you lay on a meal and entertainment you could also charge a reasonable amount for a ticket and the whole event would be good PR.If succesful it would become an annual or even bi annual event. Probably take a lot of work to organise but well worth doing.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:59 am

agree 1000% gwyn, be great to see some of the players from the 70s and 80s playing in a city shirt again.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

THE DON wrote:What about a black tie event? Have a special legends night at somewhere like City Hall with guest speakers old and current. You could have a charity raffle with City memorabilia, tickets, etc up for grabs, you could have an awards ceremony with catergories like best ever goal, best manager, lifetime achievement award etc etc. You could also use the event to tie in all the other fundraising and thank all the people involved.

With a black tie event you could ask local companies to sponsor prizes and they could also bring guests. If you lay on a meal and entertainment you could also charge a reasonable amount for a ticket and the whole event would be good PR.If succesful it would become an annual or even bi annual event. Probably take a lot of work to organise but well worth doing.

this is what i was going to suggest.....def put me down for some tickets :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:39 am

Don, Don't know who you are but glad to have you contributing, great input and some ideas we can deffo take forward, keep them coming. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:12 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Don, Don't know who you are but glad to have you contributing, great input and some ideas we can deffo take forward, keep them coming. :ayatollah:

My head is always full of useless crap and I'll be more than happy to share it with you! :lol:

My mum used to a fair bit of Charity work and the events that pulled in the most money were always the black tie do's. I forgot to mention you could also have an auction on the night selling donated gifts and funny stuff like a meal out with Annis! :D or having a City player as a butler for the day!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I went to a Trust organised event with Jason Perry & Andy Legg doing a Q & A session last year at the Duke of Clarence and it was a great night. Unfortunatley it wasn't well supported but you could see the potential these kind of events could have if they were advertised.

I would also like to see the old 'quiz' night make an appearance, which would be very interesting if posters who snipe at each other could arrange teams and face each other down over a general knowledge duel :naka:

The Q&A night was really good , but for another quiz night we need to send our team member out for a fag more often :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I went to a Trust organised event with Jason Perry & Andy Legg doing a Q & A session last year at the Duke of Clarence and it was a great night. Unfortunatley it wasn't well supported but you could see the potential these kind of events could have if they were advertised.

The Q&A night was really good , but for another quiz night we need to send our team member out for a fag more often :lol:

:lol: Yea you couldn't make that up Gary.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:

:lol: Yea you couldn't make that up Gary.

We had a shit-hot round , maybe I'll buy him an extra pack of tobacco so we can have 2 good rounds next time :lol:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:08 am

Keep the ideas coming :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: