Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tax bill

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:24 pm

So why hasn't it been paid yet so as we can enter into the transfer market, Im betting it will be paid conveniently the day before window closes. As we all know yet another con by the brassmen of our club, its almost theft from the fans.

Re: Tax bill

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:29 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:So why hasn't it been paid yet so as we can enter into the transfer market, Im betting it will be paid conveniently the day before window closes. As we all know yet another con by the brassmen of our club, its almost theft from the fans.

I believe Steve Borley and Paul Guy are drawing up contracts to lend our Club the Money to pay them and it will be sorted.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Assuming Borley and Guy are splitting the £1.2m 50/50 then I think it is reasonable to conclude that finding a spare £600,000 would take a few days.

BTW it can't be theft as you get a season ticket in return for your money.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 pm

The only time legal opportunities on this matter would arise would be if the Club refused refunds on said tickets. If this was the case then many legal avenues could be explored. The only issue with that course of action is that whilst it would probably finish off Ridsdale, it would in turn harm your Club and as Supporters you would run that fear. Although it would be a big test on the board to see their strength on finding some 4 million pounds to protect their shares. They are quick enough to take out those figures in fees, expenses and salaries, but you would be damn sure the likes of Ridsdale, Harris, Whitley would not be so keen to put it back in again for saviour of your Club. It seems the only board member to do that is Borley who has shown his loyalty with the situation with the pending revenue situation.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:So why hasn't it been paid yet so as we can enter into the transfer market, Im betting it will be paid conveniently the day before window closes. As we all know yet another con by the brassmen of our club, its almost theft from the fans.

I believe Steve Borley and Paul Guy are drawing up contracts to lend our Club the Money to pay them and it will be sorted.

Yes maybe so, but it will be too late and it will be to no surprise that it will be paid up at the end of window closure. The club do think the fans are stupid and can emotionally blackmail us into anything.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:00 pm

BTW it can't be theft as you get a season ticket in return for your money.[/quote]

I know mate, I was just being sarcastic but its still emotionally blackmail of sorts as its taking money from fans who dont really have it. You get my gist anyway :lol:

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes maybe so, but it will be too late and it will be to no surprise that it will be paid up at the end of window closure. The club do think the fans are stupid and can emotionally blackmail us into anything.

I think it's fair to say we knew most of the targets would be loan players and the oppotunity to bring players in on loan doesn't end on 31 Jan. The emergency window opens 7 days later so there would still be time to bring players in between then and the end of March.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 pm

TNT wrote:The only time legal opportunities on this matter would arise would be if the Club refused refunds on said tickets. If this was the case then many legal avenues could be explored. The only issue with that course of action is that whilst it would probably finish off Ridsdale, it would in turn harm your Club and as Supporters you would run that fear. Although it would be a big test on the board to see their strength on finding some 4 million pounds to protect their shares. They are quick enough to take out those figures in fees, expenses and salaries, but you would be damn sure the likes of Ridsdale, Harris, Whitley would not be so keen to put it back in again for saviour of your Club. It seems the only board member to do that is Borley who has shown his loyalty with the situation with the pending revenue situation.

Besides Borely and Boro's Gibson I can't think of any other loyal chairmen as such.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:05 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:BTW it can't be theft as you get a season ticket in return for your money.

I know mate, I was just being sarcastic but its still emotionally blackmail of sorts as its taking money from fans who dont really have it. You get my gist anyway :lol:[/quote]

:lol: Our club will always play the emotional card when it needs our money.

TBH I would have paid up even if I knew the money was going to pay the tax bill.

However, it's a fair point that not everyone would have.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Yes maybe so, but it will be too late and it will be to no surprise that it will be paid up at the end of window closure. The club do think the fans are stupid and can emotionally blackmail us into anything.[/quote]

I think it's fair to say we knew most of the targets would be loan players and the oppotunity to bring players in on loan doesn't end on 31 Jan. The emergency window opens 7 days later so there would still be time to bring players in between then and the end of March.[/quote]

Tone, you know as well as most of us that if we are serious in our push from premiership we need premiership type quality players, not loanee cast off's. But hey, thats the City for you.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:06 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
TNT wrote:The only time legal opportunities on this matter would arise would be if the Club refused refunds on said tickets. If this was the case then many legal avenues could be explored. The only issue with that course of action is that whilst it would probably finish off Ridsdale, it would in turn harm your Club and as Supporters you would run that fear. Although it would be a big test on the board to see their strength on finding some 4 million pounds to protect their shares. They are quick enough to take out those figures in fees, expenses and salaries, but you would be damn sure the likes of Ridsdale, Harris, Whitley would not be so keen to put it back in again for saviour of your Club. It seems the only board member to do that is Borley who has shown his loyalty with the situation with the pending revenue situation.

Besides Borely and Boro's Gibson I can't think of any other loyal chairmen as such.

The Wigan fella is good to them and apparently Preston are kept solvent by a generous Chairman who covers their losses.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Besides Borely and Boro's Gibson I can't think of any other loyal chairmen as such.[/quote]

The Wigan fella is good to them and apparently Preston are kept solvent by a generous Chairman who covers their losses.[/quote]

yeah, I forgot about Dave Whelan. Apparently PNE Shaws only took over because nobody else wanted the position, but he is their keeping them solvent as you say.