Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OUR SQUAD

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Is getting smaller by the day, now with Gavin Rae out and Taiwo going to Colchester(he played well last night), WE DESPERATELY NEED TO STRENGTHEN NOW, if we are to even make the play offs.

Iwouldnt let Taiwo go until we have brought some new players in or have we got an Embargo on us ?????

Re: OUR SQUAD

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Fully agree ----TAIWO MUST STAY!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:49 pm

I couldn't believe what I was seeing this morning when I saw DJ was letting Taiwo go on loan. We're struggling for options as it is and while Taiwo hasn't set the world on fire as yet, last night he showed glimpses he could make a decent player. To let him go is surely madness.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:50 pm

The tax needs to be paid mate, it looks to me like the club are expecting some money by the end of next week, and if Steve B can top that up to pay the tax off we can get the embargo lifted...until then loaning players out is madness in my opinion.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Didn't DJ say ""Sol is going out on loan to Colchester," said Jones after the 1-1 draw at Ashton Gate.

"He needs to play matches. Sol did well when he came on and that will do him no harm.

"If we don't get players in, he will have to stay, but I don't want him to stay and just sit him on the bench."

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:11 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Didn't DJ say ""Sol is going out on loan to Colchester," said Jones after the 1-1 draw at Ashton Gate.

"He needs to play matches. Sol did well when he came on and that will do him no harm.

"If we don't get players in, he will have to stay, but I don't want him to stay and just sit him on the bench."

With the injuries we have in My Opinion we cant afford anyone to go in My Opinion.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:15 pm

If we can move on 5 fringe players, say Commingues, Blake, Calpaldi, Taiwo & the F word. And get in (once the embargo is lifted) 2 players who could be in the starting 11, then that has to be a good move.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Back of the Net wrote:If we can move on 5 fringe players, say Commingues, Blake, Calpaldi, Taiwo & the F word :lol: . And get in (once the embargo is lifted) 2 players who could be in the starting 11, then that has to be a good move.

I am promise you I am not being Biased(maybe a little), BUT GIVE FEENEY A CHANCE HE WILL DELIVER.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Funnily enough, even though I think he is limited in ability, he does seem to bring something to then pitch when coming on for last 30 mins or so.Perhaps its his enthusiasm creates a few problems and lifts the City players.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:21 pm

cardiff city stadium wrote:Funnily enough, even though I think he is limited in ability, he does seem to bring something to then pitch when coming on for last 30 mins or so.Perhaps its his enthusiasm creates a few problems and lifts the City players.

If we had the passion and desire he has running through the squad we would be top of the league, he loves our fans and playing football is everything to him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
cardiff city stadium wrote:Funnily enough, even though I think he is limited in ability, he does seem to bring something to then pitch when coming on for last 30 mins or so.Perhaps its his enthusiasm creates a few problems and lifts the City players.

If we had the passion and desire he has running through the squad we would be top of the league, he loves our fans and playing football is everything to him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, I'm sorry mate, but I honestly feel Feeney is not good enough to keep us in the playoffs. Yeah, he's a great guy and shows passion on the pitch. So did Eddie Johnson, we all loved him and he gave the team something different. Feeney is not back up to Bothroyd and nowhere near as good as Ross or Chops. That leaves him nowhere imo, and a lad with his thirst for the game thoroughly deserves to be playing week in week out.