Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

McPhail TRANSFER

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:50 am

To Barnsley ....You heard it here :D

Re: McPhail TRANSFER

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:09 am

really cant see this happening mate, where did you get this info ? or are you making it up

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 am

wouldn't make it up matey

I went to Argentina last year with a barnsley fan, well he works with the club, does charity avents and gets the players meeting with local kids and hospital runs etc he just told me!

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:47 am

ben,cant see this happening especially considering his problems at the moment.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 am

Problems aside, Jones rates him as one of the best players at the club and considering we'd only get £1.5m for him maximum I don't think he'd see it as financially viable, even given our current predicament.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:01 am

Zabier wrote:Problems aside, Jones rates him as one of the best players at the club and considering we'd only get £1.5m for him maximum I don't think he'd see it as financially viable, even given our current predicament.

he stays or i go :lol:

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:33 am

well i dout he'll go either, BUT if barnsley offer money then we'll sell

but he seems pretty convinced! he wouldn't lie the guy is a bible basher etc

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Annis, Care to comment? :lol:

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:52 pm

This is whats in today's local paper boy's! Make your mind up on the matter!!!!!! ;)
Date: 12 January 2010
By Neil Goulding
Barnsley
BARNSLEY boss Mark Robins has revealed he would love to "freshen" his squad with some new signings.
But Robins has stressed he will have to be prudent in the transfer market to get any deals done and also admitted that players would have to leave Oakwell if he is going to recruit new talent.

"I'd like to freshen things up if I can do," said Rob
ADVERTISEMENTins. "But we need to be prudent.

"If we can do something that is along those lines then fine. But I think people will have to leave before we do anything else."

Asked whether there was any money available for new signings now the transfer window has re-opened, Robins said: "I think I might have to generate it."

Questioned on whether there were new players in the pipeline he replied honestly: "Not at the moment."

Robins added: "We are where we are with the squad. Would I like to do something? Yes. Do we need freshening up? Yes. But it remains to be seen what happens on that front
Last edited by sam salim on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Sam, What about Law to Burnley ?????

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:01 pm

When McPhail comes back - he will earn us more over the season in revenue etc etc through his performances etc. than we would if we sold him.

Agreeing with previous post - It is not a financial gain to sell McPhail for 1-1.5 million.......

And if he does go, then we can pretty much forget Premiership football IMO, Alledgedly I believe......

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sam, What about Law to Burnley ?????

I think he is a very lucky man to get a job in the premiership! Hes a hard working man! To say he was a defender when he was a player our defence was a joke! His substitutions baffled me on many occassions and his team selections were left to be desired! He played players out of position and had his favourites!If he gets money to spend it might be different!Good luck to him and i hope he proves alot of people wrong!!!!!! :?

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Isn't he on the GTFM phone in tonight? Give him a ring and ask him! :ayatollah: