Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hudson

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:07 am

I thought the lad was excellent again tonight. He started slowly this season and though obviously struggling in the pace department, he has of late been one of our best players. Tonight playing against the pacey maynard never looked in trouble and his positional sense is second to none. I cant believe some of our fans (in the canton) think its clever to boo the guy when his name is called out before the last two home games. once again its probably a case of people who have never kicked a ball blindly following the popular opinion on message boards!! its about time some of our fans started developing opinions of their own and realising that just cos someone cant run like usain bolt it doesnt mean they're crap. Indeed i think hudson's best game for us was when he played alongside the quicker mcnaughton against preston with mcnaughton sweeping when required and thats taking nothing away from gerrard who is learning fast and has exceeded my expectations of him so far.

Re: Hudson

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:16 am

I agree, i wasnt his biggest fan at the start but he has settled nicely, he had a great game today

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am

CHOPRA19 wrote:I agree, i wasnt his biggest fan at the start but he has settled nicely, he had a great game today

same here he is starting to look and perform well, well done hudson :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:37 am

GOOD POST GRINGO,AGREE WITH YOU I JUST PRAISED HUDSON ON THE WILDING THREAD,YES HE HAS BEEN SOLID,AND HOPE PEOPLE GET OFF HIS BACK,HE IS AN OLD FASHIONED CENTRE HALF,WITH PACE BY THE SIDE HE IS GOOD PLAYER FOR US

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:44 am

I think anyone who disagrees that Hudson has turned his fortunes around is either uneducated in football or very stubborn. Everyone knows he didn't have the best of starts but his reading of the game is superb. He's never caught out of position and despite being weak in the air compared to most defenders, he rarely lets a man past him on the ground.

He's won me over for sure. Gerrard is growing in confidence because of it as well.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:11 am

Those who slated him before picked on his obvious short-coming, his lack of pace. Whilst that is still true I believe his reading of the game and his aireal power more than make up for that.