A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sticky: " Thursday 06th January 2011 Update "

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:52 am

ihatealiens wrote: missdemeanours

I like the sound of her :lol:

Re: Sticky: " THURSDAY 06th JANUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:15 am

Cheers Carl
I really look forward to your updates but I suppose I was hoping for some amazing new transfer links, or at least some confirmation on the links we are already aware of. Obviously you cant report a story that isnt there. :)

As far as a centre half goes. Has David Wheater been discussed? I heard that Boro were going to sell him for much needed funds.

Adam

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 am

carlccfc wrote:
glammy74 wrote:good update, thanks carl

one thing im confused at is you stated that if we was in the top 2 come January then the Malaysians was going to give us money to spend on players

but atm were struggling to pay clubs ie vaughan's fee from everton
are they not giving us the money we was expecting?

They will back DJ with signings that will and can be paid over time but they will not put it all up front.

Great update again, Carl....thanks :ayatollah:

One question for you (or anyone else with REAL connections....of which there aren't many despite some of the smart-arse responses to this update :roll: ) though:

It may be a little simplistic but why can't VT be some sort of 'guarantor' for any future monies due on new signings now??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:23 am

Dange wrote:
Magners wrote:Cheers Carl.

Any News on Jon Parkin, with regards to being fit.

Yes Magners.......the news is Jon Parkin is as ugly as a hat full of ar*eholes :D

Dange, I see you (via your signature poster) sitting in the stand surrounded by your friends....!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:29 am

jaybothroyd wrote:cheers, really good update :D
no news on the possibility of Jonathan Woodgate or Danny Shittu though.....
i think danny wilson would be good for us, not so sure on loovens though! :o

I'm worried about Loovens too....

He moved to Celtic and cannot hold a first team place in a generally poor league and (apparently) he'doesn't particularly want' to come back to Cardiff....

Fair enough, that is his perrogative....but you'd think he'd come crawling on his hands and knees to a club/manager that actually WANTS him, wouldn't you??

Not for me, I'm afraid....for those reasons alone. Better go for Danny Wilson and team him up with the over-slated Hudson and/or a fit Riggott

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:03 am

sounds like between the lines that sam is in a good position to get or keep his foot in the club and has dreams of getting some way to being involved in the club as he was years ago. Is that a good or bad thing? I guesss only time will tell.

As far as new players go ,I reckon our past is now, in some ways is catching up with us and pther clubs dont really want to trust us as far as pay back is concerned. Which I guess in one way is only to be expected on our past problems.
Another very good update by Carl
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:39 am

Another great update.

Good news or bad news these are always an interesting read. Thanks for taking the time to do it. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:21 am

A great update but Yet again does not live upto the unnecessary hype!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:48 am

Cheers Carl for the time and effort you've put in to make an Excellent update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:57 am

Boy was this update overhyped or what but having said that I did enjoy reading it if only because it gave me the best laugh I've had in months. It's only my opinion but I cannot remember having read such a clearly one sided take on the Langstone situation and thats what this is one sided.

It has been crystal clear since the court case in 2007/2008 that Langstone & SH are one in the same this FACT was clearly established in the High Court so to try and paint a situation where SH, as the respresentative of Langstone, would settle this debt personally for a joint interest in the club is both ludicrous and I'm sorry misrepresenting the real situation. It is true that SH could personally settle this debt, should he wish to do so, because he is Langstone it's as simple as that.

The myth and legend regarding the size of the debt is IMO both ill informed and destabilising as the increase in this debt as laid out would require an interest rate of above 20% per annum. Does this mean that Langstone AKA SH are nothing but loan sharks or is it simply information gained from a single source and that source being SH.

As regards the options open to the club besides the immediate repayment or allowing SH a joint position in running the club there is of course a 3rd and that is for the club to do nothing. We must remember that SH attempted to get summary judgement for the imediate repayment of Loan Note 1 in the High Court and failed, in fact he got his backside kicked in no uncertain terms something which you would have hoped was a lesson to him.

Of course SH could always attempt to force immediate repayment through the High Court, but that would involve a full hearing and cost an absolute fortune, having failed to gain summary judgement already IMO he is pretty powerless before 2016 to start collection proceddings against the club.

The link to discussions with TG was also very interesting as are we to believe that the situation with Langstone and the assertions made with boith discussed and agreed, I simply don't believe it as IMO this is ALL speculation.

Look we all understand this debt needs to be repaid to SH and the first step along that process is for an agreement to be in place, IMO any agreement negotiated with VT & TG will at least be honoured and hopefully both parties can conclude that agreement in their meeting whenever that is.

As for any possible involvement for SH within the club I have absolutely no problem with that as he is a vastly experienced footballing man and he would bring that experience to the table, something which IMO we desperately need at the moment.

Anyway thanks again for a highly entertaining update it's never dull being a Cardiff fan is it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:13 am

thanks carl for the info this langston thing is a real pain but there is always hope it could get sorted sooner rather than later and it is a bit of a shame no news on transfers yet but theres still plenty of time yet :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:13 am

castleblue wrote:Boy was this update overhyped or what but having said that I did enjoy reading it if only because it gave me the best laugh I've had in months. It's only my opinion but I cannot remember having read such a clearly one sided take on the Langstone situation and thats what this is one sided.

Agree with this^^^^

Looks like Carl gets Sam's side of the story. All this scares the crap out of me. Maybe we just let VT and Sam sort it out without taking sides. :cry:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 am

Maybe we just let VT and Sam sort it out without taking sides

i'lll go alone with those thoughts

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:24 am

Sam 'I would never do anything to hurt this club'

Have I missed something???

We were hours from extinction cos of him calling debts in.

In layman's terms, SH, TG & VT are business men first and foremost and supporters secondly.

We are supporters and would hurt most if this dosent get resolved

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:34 am

No we weren't fella, PMG were calling the debts in and threatening to put us in admin if Sam didn't sign the club over to them, FACT.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
castleblue wrote:Boy was this update overhyped or what but having said that I did enjoy reading it if only because it gave me the best laugh I've had in months. It's only my opinion but I cannot remember having read such a clearly one sided take on the Langstone situation and thats what this is one sided.

Agree with this^^^^

Looks like Carl gets Sam's side of the story. All this scares the crap out of me. Maybe we just let VT and Sam sort it out without taking sides. :cry:

Got to say Chiefs regarding ^^^^^^^^if you dont trust Carl or like or believe what he wrights........dont bloody well read it. Quite simple really isnt it. Carl wasn't giving his opinion only the facts as he has been told. And quite clearly you two are just snipers from the other board. No one made you come on here and no one is asking you to stay. But i think i do speak for most posters on this board when i say it would be preferable that you delete AAMB from your favorites. Goodbye

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Regardless of the agreement in place to repay Langstone, the fact is that the loan notes are worth a lot less than the 24m they "cost". Sam knows he will never get his full 24m back - he won't even get close to that amount.

The Malaysians can control the negotiations as they wish. It appear to me there's only one party keen to get this issue sorted asap - and that's Sam. He would have been happy to settle at £10m, no doubt about it.

Langstone will make a big loss on these loan notes, but football/business can be harsh at times.
You win some (Wimbledon), but you lose some (Cardiff).

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:06 pm

a horse with no name wrote:[quote="carlccfc"
On the subject of the game against Leeds, for the first time in over 30 or more years of the fixture there was not one arrest made. This game also saw a dramatic fall in the number of police at the game, there were 130 officers on duty as opposed to 250 officers for the last game that Leeds played at Cardiff. This alone saved the club £10,000 but more importantly again shows the club in a positive light and shows the massive strides we are making at present.

good update as always carl. i am sure i saw someone getting arrested for section 5 at the game for public order. was just before half time i went to get some water as my throat was sore n one of the spotters was talking to someone saying ur under arrest for section 5 you do not have to say anything then he got dragged away by stewards into the door right by the metal segregation barrier under the concorse.[/quote]

Might of had a Caution, But Simon Insole Confirmed to Carl Nil Arrests. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Agree with this^^^^

Got to say Chiefs regarding ^^^^^^^^if you dont trust Carl or like or believe what he wrights........dont bloody well read it. Quite simple really isnt it. Carl wasn't giving his opinion only the facts as he has been told. And quite clearly you two are just snipers from the other board. No one made you come on here and no one is asking you to stay. But i think i do speak for most posters on this board when i say it would be preferable that you delete AAMB from your favorites. Goodbye

I have given an honest opinion on what I have read in this update if you cannot handle any opinion that differs from yours I think you should take time before posting an opinion on anyone else.

For your information I am not registered with the "Other Board" as you describe it and in fact I have only visted that site on a couple of occasions. Before you pass comment on my behaviour as a poster on this site perhaps you should read some of my posts, before you label me a sniper.

I am just happy that both Annis & Carl are a lot more tolerant than you appear as both allow the right to debate / discuss and both give room for the possibility that some opinions may differ from theirs. That's what makes this board the very best place to discuss all matters relating to Cardiff City Football Club.

If it's OK with you I will hang around :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:11 pm

TinTin wrote:Maybe we just let VT and Sam sort it out without taking sides

i'lll go alone with those thoughts

Good idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:12 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Agree with this^^^^

Correct Steve, Carl was not giving His Opinion,Carl was only posting what he had been told :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Looks like Carl gets Sam's side of the story. All this scares the crap out of me. Maybe we just let VT and Sam sort it out without taking sides. :cry:[/quote]
Steve
Got to say Chiefs regarding ^^^^^^^^if you dont trust Carl or like or believe what he wrights........dont bloody well read it. Quite simple really isnt it. Carl wasn't giving his opinion only the facts as he has been told. And quite clearly you two are just snipers from the other board. No one made you come on here and no one is asking you to stay. But i think i do speak for most posters on this board when i say it would be preferable that you delete AAMB from your favorites. Goodbye[/quote]

Castleblue
I have given an honest opinion on what I have read in this update if you cannot handle any opinion that differs from yours I think you should take time before posting an opinion on anyone else.

For your information I am not registered with the "Other Board" as you describe it and in fact I have only visted that site on a couple of occasions. Before you pass comment on my behaviour as a poster on this site perhaps you should read some of my posts, before you label me a sniper.

I am just happy that both Annis & Carl are a lot more tolerant than you appear as both allow the right to debate / discuss and both give room for the possibility that some opinions may differ from theirs. That's what makes this board the very best place to discuss all matters relating to Cardiff City Football Club.

If it's OK with you I will hang around :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

To be Honest, Ive Never seen you ever Snipe on This Forum, Just Your Honest Opinions/Belief, I Dont think Steve was Referring to your Post .
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Great work Carl. These updates are really informative and much appreciated. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Agree with this^^^^

Bollocks to you. When did i say I didn't trust Carl, just saying it's coming from Sam. Everyone can give an opinion can't they. Even Annis agreed with me.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:31 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:'''''Loan note 2 in short was £15million plus £9million naming rights and £5million promotion bonus. The £15 million has accrued interest, so the figure is in the mid to high £30 something million.

SORRY CARL, I THINK YOU ARE WAY OUT THERE. THIS WAS ONLY AGREED IN NOV 2006 (and effective from May 2007), AND I AM SURE THERE WAS AN INTEREST HOLIDAY, I WILL RESEARCH IT IF NECESSARY. I ALSO BELIEVE THE INTEREST WAS SOMETHING LIKE 7%. THEREFORE INTEREST WOULD BE £1M PER YEAR FOR A MAX OF 4 YEARS. I.E £4M, PROBABLY LESS. GIVEN WE'VE PAID £1M OFF THE BALANCE WOULD BE £17-18M BY MY CALCULATIONS. MABE LESS, DESPITE HOLDING A FAIR SIZE SHAREHOLDING I HAVENT HAD THE ACCOUNTS FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS SO DONT KNOW IF ANY INTEREST HAS BEEN ACCRUED AT ALL. (IT WOULD HAVE HAD TO BE SOMETHING LIKE 25% TO ACCRUE £15M - AND THIS WOULD HAVE STOOD OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB IN THE ACCOUNTS - £4M PER YEAR).''''''

Sorry to interject on this as it may not be my place to, and I may be wrong, but the way I read it, the £30 something million consists of the 15miilion figure, as well as the 9mil name rights and the 5 bonus (£29 million appx). Add on the interest on the the original 15million (or £14million if £1 million has been paid), and it still near enough comes to £32 million at least, with the interest :?:

No worries on the interjection -its as much you place as anyone elses. :ayatollah:

The £9m naming rights is worth next to f-all. who in their right mind would pay that for our stadium naming rights-as a comparison the jacks got a coupe of hundred thousand for theirs to be named after a brand of sanitary towel :lol: , thats why I pretty much ignore it .

And the £5m for promotion -well as far as I can see we are still in the Championship. IF we go up THEN we will owe it -along with lots of other money we've promised out on promotion (stadium creditors, players bouses, Man City and I'm sure plenty more..). As I stands I'm afraid the figure owed to Langston is nearer £17m as far as I can see.

As I've stated in previous threads the situation will change dramatically if we go up, and Sams position will be a lot stronger.

Again - lets hope its all sorted sooner rather than later, as I dont care whether Sam or VT get rich . I just want to know my club isnt going to get f'cked over. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Looks like Carl gets Sam's side of the story. All this scares the crap out of me. Maybe we just let VT and Sam sort it out without taking sides. :cry:[/quote]

Got to say Chiefs regarding ^^^^^^^^if you dont trust Carl or like or believe what he wrights........dont bloody well read it. Quite simple really isnt it. Carl wasn't giving his opinion only the facts as he has been told. And quite clearly you two are just snipers from the other board. No one made you come on here and no one is asking you to stay. But i think i do speak for most posters on this board when i say it would be preferable that you delete AAMB from your favorites. Goodbye[/quote]

Bollocks to you. When did i say I didn't trust Carl, just saying it's coming from Sam. Everyone can give an opinion can't they. Even Annis agreed with me.[/quote]

I was in fact referring to castleblue sorry Annis but i have read his post again and i stick by what i said. Voice of reason if as by my post i can see why you thought i was feffering to you sorry Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Lawnmower wrote;

The £9m naming rights is worth next to f-all. who in their right mind would pay that for our stadium naming rights-as a comparison the jacks got a coupe of hundred thousand for theirs to be named after a brand of sanitary towel , thats why I pretty much ignore it .

That's one of the reasons why I thought the information on Langston was so one sided last night, don't misunderstand what I'm saying here as I truely believe that Carl passes on information to us all in good faith, but last night IMO the details were clearly provided by one party and that being SH.

The whole splitting of the original loan note was a requirement by Cardiff County Council to support the Stadium project and the £9m Naming Rights are interest free and whatever is outstanding after 10 years will be written off. Therefore if the club were to receive nothing in Naming Rights by October 2016 the whole £9m is written off. OK any money they do receive will go directly to SH who is as Mr Justice Briggs described the controlling mind and will of Langston.

The club can effectively do nothing with the naming rights in the certain knowledge that the £9m will be written off in October 2016 you simply cannot included that in any potential debt liability by the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Looks like Carl gets Sam's side of the story. All this scares the crap out of me. Maybe we just let VT and Sam sort it out without taking sides. :cry:

Bollocks to you. When did i say I didn't trust Carl, just saying it's coming from Sam. Everyone can give an opinion can't they. Even Annis agreed with me.[/quote]

I was in fact referring to castleblue sorry Annis but i have read his post again and i stick by what i said. Voice of reason if as by my post i can see why you thought i was feffering to you sorry Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: [/quote]

I was sure your comment was directed my way and if it's your honest opinion fair enough but I would say again I am not a member of the other board and I do not consider myself as a sniper.

I believe that Carl always passes on information he has been given openly, honestly and in good faith no doubt about that but I really don't believe the information given last night was anything other than Langston view on the situation. Thats not intended to be a dig at Carl I wouldn't do that it just that IMO we need to accept that there are a number of views of equal importance to Langston and they are the Club and Cardiff County Council.

Before we accept things as fact we should be prepared to accept there are two other bodies who have an input in this debate and at the end of the day this is only a debate for goodness sake. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Obviously i was wrong on the fact you are not a member on the other board you have put me right on that score and i now except that. But still your post did say vvvvvvvvvv

quote="castleblue"]Boy was this update overhyped or what but having said that I did enjoy reading it if only because it gave me the best laugh I've had in months. It's only my opinion but I cannot remember having read such a clearly one sided take on the Langstone situation and thats what this is one sided.

Now that is what i stand bye reading Carl's update "gave you the best laugh I've had in months" was a snipe at Carl's post in my opinion. Maybe in Carl's or Annis's mind it wasn't. Maybe you didn't word it right, maybe i am grouchy after not going to bed after a night shift but that is my interpretation of that post. But i should not of speculation your other posts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Obviously i was wrong on the fact you are not a member on the other board you have put me right on that score and i now except that. But still your post did say vvvvvvvvvv

quote="castleblue"]Boy was this update overhyped or what but having said that I did enjoy reading it if only because it gave me the best laugh I've had in months. It's only my opinion but I cannot remember having read such a clearly one sided take on the Langstone situation and thats what this is one sided.

Now that is what i stand bye reading Carl's update "gave you the best laugh I've had in months" was a snipe at Carl's post in my opinion. Maybe in Carl's or Annis's mind it wasn't. Maybe you didn't word it right, maybe i am grouchy after not going to bed after a night shift but that is my interpretation of that post. But i should not of speculation your other posts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

OK I can see where your coming from but I just intended to say it was more fun reading the update than watching the football over the last few months, but I can see how it could be taken as having a pop at Carl.

For that I apologise that really was not my intention, Honest :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: