Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 pm

cheers carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sticky: " Thursday 06th January 2011 Update "

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:29 pm

cheers mate good update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:31 pm

good update, thanks carl

one thing im confused at is you stated that if we was in the top 2 come January then the Malaysians was going to give us money to spend on players

but atm were struggling to pay clubs ie vaughan's fee from everton
are they not giving us the money we was expecting?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:31 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
16silverhillbobbank wrote:are there any other clubs in the football league with a fan whos got so many contacts within the club i think its awesome !

exactly some people aint got a clue, how lucky we are to have carl posting stuff on here like he is. i think it great helps us understand better. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ye its imense i only wish i discovered the updates earlier!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Cheers Carl.

Any News on Jon Parkin, with regards to being fit.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 pm

glammy74 wrote:good update, thanks carl

one thing im confused at is you stated that if we was in the top 2 come January then the Malaysians was going to give us money to spend on players

They will back DJ with signings that will and can be paid over time but they will not put it all up front.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 pm

thanks carl some pro's and con's there for sure mate.fingers crossed they can get these bloody chain from round the clubs neck and move on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks Carl, very much appreciated mate, let me know if I can help with the Academy project :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Magners wrote:Cheers Carl.

Any News on Jon Parkin, with regards to being fit.

Yes Magners.......the news is Jon Parkin is as ugly as a hat full of ar*eholes :D

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:39 pm

neathblue63 wrote:Hammam has cleverly put himself in a position where he continuously has a stranglehold on our club yet some people still worship him . He is nothing but a scheming conman who cares for nothing but his wallet.
Hope he never comes near our club again.

i think he is using some people for his own gain to get the club back !i hope vt pays him only a fraction of the debt sam recklessly ran up, 24 million is a joke for a club our size at the time sam was in charge

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:

They will back DJ with signings that will and can be paid over time but they will not put it all up front.

dj is going to have to work his magic with these negotiations, if we can get even 2 of the 4 you stated, loovens, routledge, wilson, vaughan, i will be over the moon!! carl what you reckon our chances are of getting any of these in your opinion?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:41 pm

brewer918 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

dj is going to have to work his magic with these negotiations, if we can get even 2 of the 4 you stated, loovens, routledge, wilson, vaughan, i will be over the moon!! carl what you reckon our chances are of getting any of these in your opinion?

I reckon he will have to sell to buy

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:42 pm

and ask for the money up front?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:45 pm

don't work like that most clubs pay in instalments. They want our money up front because of past missdemeanours

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Sam says that he is being told that people think the club could go into administration and he responded by saying " I would never hurt my club, I will not take this club to court, ".

You should send this quote to TG...he can then make an offer....£100 or nothing!! :lol:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Excellent update again carl well done mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:48 pm

Thanks Carl, hope we can sort the Langston situation in the next 7-10 days
Then the excitement of some new signings to get everyone at the city buzzing will do nicely :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:52 pm

If we have to sell to buy and other clubs only pay us in installments then where are we going to get the lump sums we need to pay for new players upfront?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:Quite simply, the powers that be in the club must now decide what they want to do and the options are very very simple.

A) Come to an agreement on an amount to pay Langstone in full and pay it immediately.

B) Share the control of the club with Sam Hammam ( who would settle with Langstone ).

Obviously things will not be as straightforward as above but that is the just of it.

Carl, forgive my ignorance but this part has confused me.

Are you saying Sam is not Langston?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:07 pm

As usual all great information, but they do seem to be preceded by an over hyped build up that then leaves a few people feeling let down.

I do get the impression that somewhere in this Langstone debacle someone is either using, being used or producing propaganda for their own benefits. Threats of debt up to as much as £40 million seem hollow especially as it is known that the club cannot even afford the £10 million. This can only mean that the figures are being used to make the club look more favourable towards the return of Sam.

I can see this dragging on for a very long time and we should not expect anything in the next 7 to 10 days. A meeting may look like a move forward but I think that both sides will still be miles apart with Langstone saying; Sam back in the club or our £30-40million back and VT asking for a lower settlement deal or nothing by way of the club disappearing.

As always, love the updates, but this time I think there are a lot of games being played by lots of people. just my opinion though.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:
HI CARL, PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS NEGATIVE, I ENJOY READING THE INFO. YOU POST. BUT THERE ARE A FEW ITEMS IN THE REPORT REGARDING THE LANGSTON AGREEMENT REPORT YOU PUT DOWN WHICH STILL DON'T TIE UP WITH THE ACCOUNTS. MY POINTS ARE BELOW IN CAPS, WITH YOUR QUOTES LEFT IN THE ORIGINAL LOWER CASE. YOU ARE PROBABLY PISSED OFF WITH ME MAKING POINTS ON THIS, BUT I FEEL THAT PEOPLE DO NEED TO KNOW THAT SOME THINGS BEING REPORTED AS FACT MAY NOT ACTUALLY BE 100% CORRECT. THIS IS A CONCERN TO ALL FANS AS IF IT GOES TO COURT I HONESTLY BELEIVE THAT VT WILL PUT THE CLUB INTO ADMIN.

Because this date has passed the debt is now back to the original amount. Determining what the original amount is, I believe, would have to be settled by lawyers because the club believe that Loan Note 2 is ' in play ' but Langstone believe that Loan note 1 is ' in play '.

THE DEFAULT AGREEMENT WOULD BE THE LAST ONE -THE 2ND - AND ITS UP TO SAM TO PROVE OTHERWISE. IF AS YOU SAY HE WON'T GO TO COURT THEN ITS THE 2ND ONE THAT IS OF RELEVENCE.

Loan note 2 in short was £15million plus £9million naming rights and £5million promotion bonus. The £15 million has accrued interest, so the figure is in the mid to high £30 something million.

SORRY CARL, I THINK YOU ARE WAY OUT THERE. THIS WAS ONLY AGREED IN NOV 2006 (and effective from May 2007), AND I AM SURE THERE WAS AN INTEREST HOLIDAY, I WILL RESEARCH IT IF NECESSARY. I ALSO BELIEVE THE INTEREST WAS SOMETHING LIKE 7%. THEREFORE INTEREST WOULD BE £1M PER YEAR FOR A MAX OF 4 YEARS. I.E £4M, PROBABLY LESS. GIVEN WE'VE PAID £1M OFF THE BALANCE WOULD BE £17-18M BY MY CALCULATIONS. MABE LESS, DESPITE HOLDING A FAIR SIZE SHAREHOLDING I HAVENT HAD THE ACCOUNTS FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS SO DONT KNOW IF ANY INTEREST HAS BEEN ACCRUED AT ALL. (IT WOULD HAVE HAD TO BE SOMETHING LIKE 25% TO ACCRUE £15M - AND THIS WOULD HAVE STOOD OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB IN THE ACCOUNTS - £4M PER YEAR).

WAS THE FIGURE OF £30M GIVEN TO YOU BY SAM - BECAUSE HE WAS NEVER THAT GREAT WITH MATHS WHEN HE WAS HERE ;)

A) Come to an agreement on an amount to pay Langstone in full and pay it immediately.

B) Share the control of the club with Sam Hammam ( who would settle with Langstone ).

OR C. DO NOTHING - I HOPE THAT IT GETS SORTED, BUT THIS IS STILL AN OPTION FOR THEM

Sam says that he is being told that people think the club could go into administration and he responded by saying " I would never hurt my club, I will not take this club to court, ".

IS THAT EVER OR JUST NOW. AS HE'S DONE IT ONCE. IF HE DOESNT DO IT AGAIN THEN HE COULD BE LEFT WAITING UNTIL 2016.

Sam has told me again in the last hour that there is no such agreement that says that Langstone can be settled in 2016 and that this was a story put out by Peter Ridsdale.

WELL ITS IN THE 2006 ACCOUNTS AS PART OF THE 2ND AGREEMENT 'no repayment of capital or interest for a minimum ten-year period' is the exact words. (page 1 post balance sheet events)

Not long hopefully until a resolution can be found and the club and everyone involved is able to move on.

AMEN TO THAT ! THE SOONER HIS IS PUT TO BED THE BETTER. :ayatollah:

Sorry if I've bored everyone :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:
And by the way - I'm not anti- or pro- Sam. I'm pro- Cardiff City, I couldn't give a shit who's involved as long as the club prospers. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Good update,really enjoy reading them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sticky: " THURSDAY 06th JANUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:50 pm

cheers, really good update :D
no news on the possibility of Jonathan Woodgate or Danny Shittu though.....
i think danny wilson would be good for us, not so sure on loovens though! :o

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:56 pm

carlccfc wrote:As everyone who has been reading and following the fortunes of CCFC both on and off the pitch will be aware of the recent passing of a deadline between Langstone and the club. There was an agreement which superseded all other agreements that meant CCFC had the option of settling a debt with Langstone for a much lower figure than the previous agreements stated.

The December 31st agreement aka Langstone Loan Note 3 was the latest attempt by both parties to settle the debt once and for all, the agreement was that the club had 2 ways of settling : A) Pay £10 million plus 2 future payments of £5million bonuses ( the bonuses would be for Promotion and Naming rights ) or B) £15million paid by 31st December 2010.

Because this date has passed the debt is now back to the original amount. Determining what the original amount is, I believe, would have to be settled by lawyers because the club believe that Loan Note 2 is ' in play ' but Langstone believe that Loan note 1 is ' in play '.

Loan note 2 in short was £15million plus £9million naming rights and £5million promotion bonus. The £15 million has accrued interest, so the figure is in the mid to high £30 something million.

Loan Note 1 had the original debt amount of £24million but has accrued interest at a higher rate and over a longer period is above and beyond the £40million mark.

Cardiff City Football Club did not settle before December 31st 2010 as the club has not got the money to do it, Vincent Tan has got the money to do so but why would a man who has less than 40% of the shares in the club pay off such an amount by himself.

I reported on here on New Years Eve that Sam Hammam had not reached an agreement with the club on behalf of the Langstone and that he was saddened and disappointed.

Earlier this week I understand that contact has been made by the Malaysians to meet with Sam Hammam to discuss the way forward. There is a matter of urgency from both sides to get a meeting arranged and I am told that this meeting will take place in the next 7-10 days.

The meeting will not be held in London or Kuala Lumpur but it will take place in Lebanon. Sam Hammam is very upbeat, positive that an agreement can be reached and that it not just enable the club to release the shackles of Langstone but also help the club move forward and achieve the target of promotion.

The Malaysians are aware that this matter must be dealt with and have remained courteous and cordial throughout. I find it significant that with the recent downturn of results that the Malaysians have made moves to meet with Sam. I am aware that Sam has been advising them of certain footballing issues that are positive for the team and us, the fans.

Quite simply, the powers that be in the club must now decide what they want to do and the options are very very simple.

Obviously things will not be as straightforward as above but that is the just of it.

I know that Sam Hammam would welcome the opportunity to work with the Malaysians because he has told me, He also stated " that I know if I were to return it divide the fans but I have always done right for the good of the club, I have remained patient ".

Sam has told me again in the last hour that there is no such agreement that says that Langstone can be settled in 2016 and that this was a story put out by Peter Ridsdale.

Not long hopefully until a resolution can be found and the club and everyone involved is able to move on.

Also this week I have spoken with TG and I promised that I would pass on a message to the members of the board and readers of our message board. We chatted after the Leeds United game and TG said " Happy New Year, unfortunately I was unable to make the game and it was good that we won. "

TG asked that as fans " We hold our nerve and let's keep focus and support the team especially at this juncture ".

I asked TG if he will be attending the next home game against Watford and he said that " I am hoping to join you for my first away game at Norwich, I will let you know ". If TG does make it over for the game then we are hoping to have a meeting if his time scales allow, I will let you know in due course how this pans out.

TG, in my opinion, was reacting to the reaction by fans to recent results and the seemingly willingness of fans to get rid of Dave Jones, I hope that TG message will give fans something to think about and hopefully they will put their energy into supporting the team.

In a previous update I told you that Julian Jenkins had flown to LA to meet with Mike Young, the creator of kids tv favourite Superted, to look at ways of maximising commercial revenue and how clubs in America go about their matchday experience.

On Tuesday night against Leeds, Mike Young was guest of the club and sat in the directors box. I am reliably informed that Mike has taken on a consultancy role within the club to look at the commercial side. He has been brought in to take the Marketing to another level and bring a professionalism to the department, Mike flew back to LA today and is a building a team to work on marketing CCFC.

On the subject of the game against Leeds, for the first time in over 30 or more years of the fixture there was not one arrest made. This game also saw a dramatic fall in the number of police at the game, there were 130 officers on duty as opposed to 250 officers for the last game that Leeds played at Cardiff. This alone saved the club £10,000 but more importantly again shows the club in a positive light and shows the massive strides we are making at present.

Many stories and personal thoughts leading up to the game against Leeds were that if City lost then Dave Jones would have lost his job as manager, I am glad that we won of course but as much for the 3 points but for Dave Jones also. But I have been made aware of comments apparently made by Chris Hughton, I am told that Hughton was asked had he been approached by Crystal Palace or Preston to become their new manager, as he was at the game between them a few days ago. He responded by saying that he would not be becoming manager of either at this time.

Hughton was then asked, " If the manager's job came up at Cardiff City, would it be a job that would interest him ? ". His response was " that most would walk to a club like Cardiff because they are a big club and potentially as big as Newcastle ".

Obviously he was asked a hypothetical question and I believe he responded in a way that could not be seen as a stab against Dave Jones. Hughton was reportedly on £250k per year in the Premiership at Newcastle, no wonder he would walk to Cardiff. :lol:

This Monday I am attending ( along with others :D ) 2 meetings at the club. The first will be with Scott Young to discuss along with Annis, Gwyn and Clive the plans of the Cardiff City Academy Fund viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27677 :ayatollah: and how we plan to help the grass roots of the club. Scott Young is championing the idea along with Steve Borley, Phil Dwyer,Nathan Blake and Jason Perry.

We plan on purchasing the first pieces of equipment this month and the official launch will be at the Ninian Park Pub prior to the Watford home game on January 22nd.

The second meeting will be the travel meeting to discuss the upcoming away fixtures which will obviously be including Swansea, I will write up a report when I come from the meeting.

Players transfers in and out. Obviously there was a flurry of activity last week and it looked like we were signing a few players and reports suggested that they would be in for the Leeds game. James Vaughan is very much a deal that is hopeful of being concluded but as I have reported previously the sticking point is not the amount but how and when it is paid. it is my understanding that DJ agreed the figure with the agent, which met Everton's valuation. Everton want the money up front and City want to pay in installments, talks are ongoing but City are looking elsewhere too.

Wayne Routledge is a similar scenario too, City have definitely made an approach but are being put off by the fact that Newcastle wish to have the full £2million up front.

I know that Dave is looking at brining in 2 centre halves and that the club are still tracking Glenn Loovens and Danny Wilson too, Danny WIlson would be a loan signing but would offer cover at Left back too.

Jay Bothroyd is expected back for the Watford game.

Nice one Carl, a lot more positive this week. Onwards and upwards

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:03 pm

Cheers Carl

we need a centre half END OF!!!

As for Sam... ME reading between the lines sees him hanging on for dear life now.
I doubt he will EVER be back here, the Malaysians will not soften. They dont do all
this 'emotional ties' shit.

No way will they let him hold them over a barrel, simply because,,, he has not got
the club over a barrel. He's gone. He'll get what he's given, when they are ready

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
HI CARL, PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS NEGATIVE, I ENJOY READING THE INFO. YOU POST. BUT THERE ARE A FEW ITEMS IN THE REPORT REGARDING THE LANGSTON AGREEMENT REPORT YOU PUT DOWN WHICH STILL DON'T TIE UP WITH THE ACCOUNTS. MY POINTS ARE BELOW IN CAPS, WITH YOUR QUOTES LEFT IN THE ORIGINAL LOWER CASE. YOU ARE PROBABLY PISSED OFF WITH ME MAKING POINTS ON THIS, BUT I FEEL THAT PEOPLE DO NEED TO KNOW THAT SOME THINGS BEING REPORTED AS FACT MAY NOT ACTUALLY BE 100% CORRECT. THIS IS A CONCERN TO ALL FANS AS IF IT GOES TO COURT I HONESTLY BELEIVE THAT VT WILL PUT THE CLUB INTO ADMIN.

THE DEFAULT AGREEMENT WOULD BE THE LAST ONE -THE 2ND - AND ITS UP TO SAM TO PROVE OTHERWISE. IF AS YOU SAY HE WON'T GO TO COURT THEN ITS THE 2ND ONE THAT IS OF RELEVENCE.

SORRY CARL, I THINK YOU ARE WAY OUT THERE. THIS WAS ONLY AGREED IN NOV 2006 (and effective from May 2007), AND I AM SURE THERE WAS AN INTEREST HOLIDAY, I WILL RESEARCH IT IF NECESSARY. I ALSO BELIEVE THE INTEREST WAS SOMETHING LIKE 7%. THEREFORE INTEREST WOULD BE £1M PER YEAR FOR A MAX OF 4 YEARS. I.E £4M, PROBABLY LESS. GIVEN WE'VE PAID £1M OFF THE BALANCE WOULD BE £17-18M BY MY CALCULATIONS. MABE LESS, DESPITE HOLDING A FAIR SIZE SHAREHOLDING I HAVENT HAD THE ACCOUNTS FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS SO DONT KNOW IF ANY INTEREST HAS BEEN ACCRUED AT ALL. (IT WOULD HAVE HAD TO BE SOMETHING LIKE 25% TO ACCRUE £15M - AND THIS WOULD HAVE STOOD OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB IN THE ACCOUNTS - £4M PER YEAR).

WAS THE FIGURE OF £30M GIVEN TO YOU BY SAM - BECAUSE HE WAS NEVER THAT GREAT WITH MATHS WHEN HE WAS HERE ;)

OR C. DO NOTHING - I HOPE THAT IT GETS SORTED, BUT THIS IS STILL AN OPTION FOR THEM

IS THAT EVER OR JUST NOW. AS HE'S DONE IT ONCE. IF HE DOESNT DO IT AGAIN THEN HE COULD BE LEFT WAITING UNTIL 2016.

WELL ITS IN THE 2006 ACCOUNTS AS PART OF THE 2ND AGREEMENT 'no repayment of capital or interest for a minimum ten-year period' is the exact words. (page 1 post balance sheet events)

AMEN TO THAT ! THE SOONER HIS IS PUT TO BED THE BETTER. :ayatollah:

Sorry if I've bored everyone :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:
And by the way - I'm not anti- or pro- Sam. I'm pro- Cardiff City, I couldn't give a shit who's involved as long as the club prospers. :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:02 am

GREAT read and more to look forward too

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 am

'''''Loan note 2 in short was £15million plus £9million naming rights and £5million promotion bonus. The £15 million has accrued interest, so the figure is in the mid to high £30 something million.

SORRY CARL, I THINK YOU ARE WAY OUT THERE. THIS WAS ONLY AGREED IN NOV 2006 (and effective from May 2007), AND I AM SURE THERE WAS AN INTEREST HOLIDAY, I WILL RESEARCH IT IF NECESSARY. I ALSO BELIEVE THE INTEREST WAS SOMETHING LIKE 7%. THEREFORE INTEREST WOULD BE £1M PER YEAR FOR A MAX OF 4 YEARS. I.E £4M, PROBABLY LESS. GIVEN WE'VE PAID £1M OFF THE BALANCE WOULD BE £17-18M BY MY CALCULATIONS. MABE LESS, DESPITE HOLDING A FAIR SIZE SHAREHOLDING I HAVENT HAD THE ACCOUNTS FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS SO DONT KNOW IF ANY INTEREST HAS BEEN ACCRUED AT ALL. (IT WOULD HAVE HAD TO BE SOMETHING LIKE 25% TO ACCRUE £15M - AND THIS WOULD HAVE STOOD OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB IN THE ACCOUNTS - £4M PER YEAR).''''''

Sorry to interject on this as it may not be my place to, and I may be wrong, but the way I read it, the £30 something million consists of the 15miilion figure, as well as the 9mil name rights and the 5 bonus (£29 million appx). Add on the interest on the the original 15million (or £14million if £1 million has been paid), and it still near enough comes to £32 million at least, with the interest :?:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 am

[quote="carlccfc"
On the subject of the game against Leeds, for the first time in over 30 or more years of the fixture there was not one arrest made. This game also saw a dramatic fall in the number of police at the game, there were 130 officers on duty as opposed to 250 officers for the last game that Leeds played at Cardiff. This alone saved the club £10,000 but more importantly again shows the club in a positive light and shows the massive strides we are making at present.
[/quote]
good update as always carl. i am sure i saw someone getting arrested for section 5 at the game for public order. was just before half time i went to get some water as my throat was sore n one of the spotters was talking to someone saying ur under arrest for section 5 you do not have to say anything then he got dragged away by stewards into the door right by the metal segregation barrier under the concorse.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 am

Was really hoping to hear more about transfers than anything else.

As for Langstone/Sam/whoever, I couldn't really care anymore. As long as it doesn't f**k up my team, and we can continue on the right course, I'm happy with the outcome.