Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peter Ridsdale on Investment

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Just been in contact with Peter and he has said he is unable to name the the potential American investors.

It is likely that we will deal with both the Americans and the Malaysians.

He is not sure if there will be a full takeover.

He is not sure if he will be here once they do invest.

Re: Peter Ridsdale on Investment

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:23 pm

bet his eyes have lit up with the thought of the takeover

http://teamassignment.com/images/happy_ ... hg_clr.gif

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:33 pm

when you spoke to him, did his mouth move? if so its all crap, i wouldn't listen to a word :lol:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:Just been in contact with Peter and he has said he is unable to name the the potential American investors.

not sure of much is he :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:48 pm

dave just said on the news, "ive paid my way its not my debt" how has he paid his way??

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 pm

carlccfc wrote:Just been in contact with Peter and he has said he is unable to name the the potential American investors.

Thanks Carl, when you're in contact with him again ask him:

Is he sure if.... the HMRC bill will be paid in the next 7 days (as it now stands)

Is he sure if.... the first Langston payment will be made on time this month (or will we default on it ala HMRC?)

Is he sure if.... the entire funds from the season ticket 'thank you' offer will be used to strengthen the squad

Oh and a final one that springs to mind.....

Is he sure if.... fans sing cheeky songs like 'where's the money gone' he will be able to refrain from shouting "f*uk off" at one of them................ and then get him ejected by the 'Gold's Gym' hired help in suits & sporting bodyguard type earpieces (or are they mono Ipods? :lol: :lol: )

Thanks mate,

Peter
Last edited by CCFC WORCESTER on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 pm

rob wrote:dave just said on the news, "ive paid my way its not my debt" how has he paid his way??

By bringing more into the club by way of transfer fees than he's spent.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Back of the Net wrote:
rob wrote:dave just said on the news, "ive paid my way its not my debt" how has he paid his way??

and thats a good thing !!!!!!!

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:56 pm

rob wrote:
Back of the Net wrote:

and thats a good thing !!!!!!!

Isn't it?
Where would we be if he'd spent more then he'd raised? Even further down sh*t creek!

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Back of the Net wrote:

Minus wages, running costs and not including paying off any debt whatsoever, instead adding to it. Seems DJ doesn't let the truth get in the way of a good soundbite either! I can here DJ now, "You have taught me well my Master." he says to Peter.
"Yes, yes I have haven't I! Before you go Dave, there's something I need to say. Sam never told you who your Father was did he?"
"No, no he didn't actually?" says Dave
"Well," said Peter, "I am your Father Dave."
"YESSSSSSS!!!!! Now we can ruin this football club as Father and Son!" screeched Dave.

Sorry guys, got a bit carried away there, I'll get my coat...off down the pub, think I need a drink...

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Back of the Net wrote:
rob wrote: and thats a good thing !!!!!!!

Isn't it?
Where would we be if he'd spent more then he'd raised? Even further down sh*t creek!

Agree regarding money DJ has done fantastic!

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Minus wages, running costs and not including paying off any debt whatsoever, instead adding to it. Seems DJ doesn't let the truth get in the way of a good soundbite either! I can here DJ now, "You have taught me well my Master." he says to Peter.
"Yes, yes I have haven't I! Before you go Dave, there's something I need to say. Sam never told you who your Father was did he?"
"No, no he didn't actually?" says Dave
"Well," said Peter, "I am your Father Dave."
"YESSSSSSS!!!!! Now we can ruin this football club as Father and Son!" screeched Dave.

Sorry guys, got a bit carried away there, I'll get my coat...off down the pub, think I need a drink...[/quote]

In fairness, previous debt & player wages isn't his problem.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:04 pm

the reason he cant name the american investors is because they only exist in his little magic world.
One of the guys that was being palmed off as an american representitive works for citibank.
did you see the story on the bbc news not one member of the board being interviewed about the apparent good news.
would our chairman normally miss an opportunity like that to big the situation up.
the presenter said that the club had been dealing with the americans since the summer.
are these the same americans that our chairman stated at the muni meeting that the deal was dead because the figure's dident stack up. :roll:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Indeed, it is the Chairman's, so why the hell is he commenting on things that as he repeatedly says are not within his jurisdiction? Concentrate on the football, Dave, I think you've got quite enough on your plate there before indulging in yet more propaganda.

Edit. Loved your first line there Steve! He really does have a vivid imagination does our Pete...

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:08 pm

steve davies wrote:

the reason he cant name the american investors is because they only exist in his little magic world.
One of the guys that was being palmed off as an american representitive works for citibank.
did you see the story on the bbc news not one member of the board being interviewed about the apparent good news.
would our chairman normally miss an opportunity like that to big the situation up.
the presenter said that the club had been dealing with the americans since the summer.
are these the same americans that our chairman stated at the muni meeting that the deal was dead because the figure's dident stack up. :roll:

Exactly Steve not like Peter or Americans to miss out on some publicity :lol:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:27 pm

this is interesting reading

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25563387/

also ive heard the names Gillette and hicks bantered about?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Carl, He has lost the Malaysians I believe and the Yanks are spin in my opinion.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:35 pm

rob wrote:this is interesting reading

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25563387/

also ive heard the names Gillette and hicks bantered about?

Hicks has just quit Liverpool, obviously he's coming here now ;)

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:

Is he sure if.... the HMRC bill will be paid in the next 7 days (as it now stands)

Is he sure if.... the first Langston payment will be made on time this month (or will we default on it ala HMRC?)

Is he sure if.... the entire funds from the season ticket 'thank you' offer will be used to strengthen the squad

Is he sure if.... fans sing cheeky songs like 'where's the money gone' he will be able to refrain from shouting "f*uk off" at one of them................ and then get him ejected by the 'Gold's Gym' hired help in suits & sporting bodyguard type earpieces (or are they mono Ipods? :lol: :lol: )

Thanks mate,

Peter

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Hes referring to the players hes sold at a profit.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:06 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:

Thanks mate,

Peter

Peter he assured me that the HMRC will be paid this week and it will no have anything to do with the season ticket money he has not given me an answer regarding Langston

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:
CCFC WORCESTER wrote:

Thanks mate,

Peter

Peter he assured me that the HMRC will be paid this week and it will no have anything to do with the season ticket money he has not given me an answer regarding Langston

So what do you think then.
Chopra, Ledley or mathews ??

Or Borley ;)

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:13 pm

So what do you think then.
Chopra, Ledley or mathews ??

Or Borley ;)[/quote]

Borley 100% :mrgreen: