Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So Whats Everyones Plans For Newcastle

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:14 pm

Are you going, if so you going up and back or you staying up for 1 night or more.

Im going up Thursday and back on Sunday, going by train because im not a fan of flying and shit out of those little Flybe planes.
Staying in the Copthorne on the quayside. :ayatollah:

Re: So Whats Everyones Plans For Newcastle

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 pm

:cry: after buying the early ST - night in for me - unless someone decides they want my hilarious company for the weekend :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:56 pm

FLYING UP THURSDAY TEATIME FLYING HOME SAT AFTERNOON
STAYING IN JURY'S

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:58 pm

skuddy wrote:FLYING UP THURSDAY TEATIME FLYING HOME SAT AFTERNOON
STAYING IN JURY'S

I was staying there originally for 4 nights, but when they changed the game to the Friday night i cancelled and re booked at the Copthorne for 3 nights.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Cheggers is booking our flight later :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:21 pm

7 of us travelling up 6am on the friday in a renault traffice sport people carrier type thing,Booked in to travelodge on the quayside.Staying until sunday,Cant wait. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:00 pm

flying up fri morn from bristol easy jet. 1 night in jurys inn fly back sat afternoon :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:12 pm

3 Of us flying from Bristol Thurs morn 08.05 should get to the pub for opening. Staying in Jurys Hotel fying back Sat afternoon. Back in time on Sunday when my boy takes his Brown belt grading in Karate as long as they dont change the date to Sat.
Cant wait what a friggin 4 days :ayatollah: come oooonnnnnn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:48 pm

90 odd of us going up leaving 3am on friday ,2 nights, half :ayatollah: staying in jurys and half at whitney bay

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:50 pm

dibstours wrote:90 odd of us going up leaving 3am on friday ,2 nights, half :ayatollah: staying in jurys and half at whitney bay

Good effort dibs. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:58 pm

3 of us going up on 5.30 train from Aberystwyth on friday morning staying 2 nights, :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Wish i could go with everyone, each trip is sounding a great laugh. Lets have a message board meet up at one point. :ayatollah: :P :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:09 am

Train down Friday lunchtime, staying at metroinns for 2 nights.

Possibly going to the Sunderland game on the Sat.

Unfortunatley the mrs is coming, any takers??? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:09 am

Flying up thursday, returning saturday evening. three of us cant wait.have not booked hotel yet. apparently some dodgey areas to keep away from so i will be looking for ideas/hotel names from the site. Roll on Feb 4th - 6th :D

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:18 am

Gilfach Bluebird wrote:Flying up thursday, returning saturday evening. three of us cant wait.have not booked hotel yet. apparently some dodgey areas to keep away from so i will be looking for ideas/hotel names from the site. Roll on Feb 4th - 6th :D

Im not aware of the dodgy areas but if you book a city centre or quayside hotel you cant go wrong. :roll:

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:26 am

Cheers Nobby, i'll start looking at the Quay side hotels this morning :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 am

Looks like 4 of us are driving up and back on the day!
Should be a laugh, but a fecking long old drive :lol:
Ah well, in for the love of the club :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:22 am

Flying from Cardiff to Edingburgh Thursday morning and back Sunday night,cheap as chips,got a car booked i Edingburgh airport, £50 for 3 days, will have a mini tour and stay in Newcastle for the Friday night.
Newcastle will mean I've done the original 92 clubs that were in the league when I started my football journey,bring it on. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am

Going on friday 7-50 train back 5-00 train sat staying in travelodge.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:31 pm

What are the train costs

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:What are the train costs

Im paying £151 for 2 of us from Port Talbot.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Just checked train fares.
£359 f**k that I'll walk

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:38 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:Just checked train fares.
£359 f**k that I'll walk

Do it as singles rather than returns it works out cheaper.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:46 pm

£412 using singles.
Probably go by car

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:£412 using singles.
Probably go by car

:shock: they've obviously put the prices up.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:28 pm

Probably go by car

Just do what we normally do, book the cheapest one that's running that day and jump on the trian you want to catch. Technically you have a valid ticket for the route your on, just not the right time train :ayatollah:
We did it all the way to Doncaster last season!! :D Saved a fortune :D

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:3 Of us flying from Bristol Thurs morn 08.05 should get to the pub for opening. Staying in Jurys Hotel fying back Sat afternoon. Back in time on Sunday when my boy takes his Brown belt grading in Karate as long as they dont change the date to Sat.
Cant wait what a friggin 4 days :ayatollah: come oooonnnnnn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

3 of us from risca will be on the same flight,staying at the travel lodge central

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm

StotrhonddaBlue wrote:
Probably go by car

Just do what we normally do, book the cheapest one that's running that day and jump on the trian you want to catch. Technically you have a valid ticket for the route your on, just not the right time train :ayatollah:
We did it all the way to Doncaster last season!! :D Saved a fortune :D

That's great until you get a jobsworth guard who eitehr looks for you to stumo up the full fare or calls in the BTP and you get lifted!

You're ticket is only valid for the service you are booked on.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 pm

I'm travelling up on Friday, early doors, staying in Premier Inn near airport overnight, then going down to Chesterfield the next day, go watch Chesterfield and Lincoln, stay in Wetherspoons lodge, then leave on Sunday. Don't ask. :lol:
Last edited by Spence on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:31 pm

fly up fri morn from bristol, one night in jurys inn. happy days