Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

new winding up order on its way and its not the tax man!

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:22 pm

some one who i deal with in business is owed £500,000 from the stadium fit out ,pr promised it would paid in the summer but it hasnt,talking to them today they said as we were speaking there people were going to file a winding up order aginst the cardiff city stadium company for un paid debts,they said they didnt mind setling up on a paymnet plan but pr keeps lying to them.WHY the hell are we paying massive wages out when local business's are going to the wall cause pr is taking the piss ,ive allways been on pr side but enough is enough outgoings have to be stoped sell a few of the high earners and pay the locals business who are the life of the club! we are gambling with our future on promotion i would prefer staying in the championship another year but sorting our finances out!

Re: new winding up order on its way and its not the tax man!

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Deeper and deeper in the mire we go.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:33 pm

I'm not very good with my business but is it even possible for a business to file a winding up order against another business that owes them money? Or something similar?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:34 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Deeper and deeper in the mire we go.

Hopefully, the Riddler will run out of riddles soon.

Fingers may be pointed at this one man, but the entire board must also be seen as culpable for the state of affairs the Club is now in and for allowing fans to be used as a source of new finance when the situation is so murky.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Zabier wrote:I'm not very good with my business but is it even possible for a business to file a winding up order against another business that owes them money? Or something similar?

I was thinking the same thing.

They'd certainly be entitled to chase their money, but I would think only very certain people could file a winding up order.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:40 pm

PtB wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'm not very good with my business but is it even possible for a business to file a winding up order against another business that owes them money? Or something similar?

They'd certainly be entitled to chase their money, but I would think only very certain people could file a winding up order.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac ... 09&lang=_e

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:46 pm

PtB wrote:

high court action is the last resort ,its used to put the shits up a company normally a company will pay up before it gets to this action, pr hasnt they are fed up of being lied to,o remenber this is not cardiff city fc ltd its the stadium side which pr is a director of, since 62 could comfirm if they can do it but im allmost sure they can and will .£500,000 is alot of money and ithink its well over the threshold that action can start pr just pay the bills!

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
PtB wrote:

No-one likes a smart arse :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:51 pm

wez 1927 wrote:some one who i deal with in business is owed £500,000 from the stadium fit out ,pr promised it would paid in the summer but it hasnt,talking to them today they said as we were speaking there people were going to file a winding up order aginst the cardiff city stadium company for un paid debts,they said they didnt mind setling up on a paymnet plan but pr keeps lying to them.WHY the hell are we paying massive wages out when local business's are going to the wall cause pr is taking the piss ,ive allways been on pr side but enough is enough outgoings have to be stoped sell a few of the high earners and pay the locals business who are the life of the club! we are gambling with our future on promotion i would prefer staying in the championship another year but sorting our finances out!

I have to agree. The club is using the goodwill of local businesses. They obviously want to help out their local club but that same club is then sh!tting on them from a great height.

I must admit that if selling two players for about £5million sorted this 'immediate' mess out, I would go for it. Get the taxman off our back, pay off some large creditors and then see what we can do with the ST money.

I know some may think we would miss Whittingham and Chopra or Bothroyd and McCormack or Matthews and Chopra but would it result in relegation especially if we spent the ST money on decent loans.

Seems simple when you have a very basic mind. :D

Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Wayne S wrote:
I know some may think we would miss Whittingham and Chopra or Bothroyd and McCormack or Matthews and Chopra but would it result in relegation especially if we spent the ST money on decent loans.

That's all very well in theory, but what effect would this approach have on the players, and the less understanding fans?
Cold lead to a very bad atmosphere at CCS. I would expect senior management changes under these circumstances which might go some way to placating disgruntled fans.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
PtB wrote:

Anyone who is owed money can apply for a banctruptsy (not a winding up order) order againsy any firm

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:05 pm

NN2Blue2 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

That's all very well in theory, but what effect would this approach have on the players, and the less understanding fans?
Cold lead to a very bad atmosphere at CCS. I would expect senior management changes under these circumstances which might go some way to placating disgruntled fans.

I did say it was a simple solution from a simple mind. But if it's the difference between a winding up order, administration and 10 points, I know which one I would go for. It would just need to be put across correctly by PR.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:57 pm

its more and more bad news every day. :|

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Wayne S wrote:
NN2Blue2 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I did say it was a simple solution from a simple mind. But if it's the difference between a winding up order, administration and 10 points, I know which one I would go for. It would just need to be put across correctly by PR.

:D :D :D I am with the simple thinking and simple mind :D :D :D

AND to be honest looking at the form i know at present we are holding 4th but with possible injuries and at least one player going are we going to stay there competently ??? - either way it seems a struggle - simple things please simple minds lol
How about we go on the board and tell them! lol :lol: