Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

McCormack explains his substitution

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 am

Ross McCormack explains why he got subsututed and he also thanks fans for chanting his name when he went off. He said he could hardly breathe as he got subbed. He said he had been sufferening from illness all week, so he was subbed.

Whole interview here.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 76,00.html

Re: McCormack explains his substitution

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:04 pm

Oh Jesus ive got to say iy now SORRY DAVE JONES for booing when Ross went of i was wrong. The situation at the club at the moment is getting to me and the frustration got to me.
Does that appology make me seem weak ? :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Oh Jesus ive got to say iy now SORRY DAVE JONES for booing when Ross went of i was wrong. The situation at the club at the moment is getting to me and the frustration got to me.
Does that appology make me seem weak ? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you will be okay :lol:

I hope they all get over this illness before tomorrow,(If it is on)

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 pm

For someone who couldn't catch his breath, he wasn't half running about. My dark nasty side thinks that he's been told to say this to take some pressure off Dave.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 pm

i thought it was a terrible decision aswell, but i still blame jones, why start mccormack if chopra is feeling ok and mccormack is ill?

surely it would have made more sense to start chopra and then possibly bring mccormack on if things wernt going to plan?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:23 pm

SteW wrote:For someone who couldn't catch his breath, he wasn't half running about. My dark nasty side thinks that he's been told to say this to take some pressure off Dave.

OK TO DAVE JONES I RETRACT MY APPOLAGY. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:41 pm

As my mate said 'if players were ill why were they starting?'. Ok, some might prefer 50% fit ill players to youth players but personally I would rather have not risked players who were ill.

If Ross went off due to illness why did he appear to be quite pissed off that he had been subbed off?

Anyway, I didn't boo but I was still unhappy with our strategy. The tactics didn't help the players. If Ross was ill why make him run constantly after route one balls he was never going to reach? Why also not bring Gyepes on for Magennis to keep some height up front?

I will never boo our own team but as a season ticket holder it's my right to state about what I felt was done wrong and for Jones to be so stubborn to criticise those who criticise some poor decisions he and the players made is a bit laughable. For their wages I'd get criticised on a weekly basis no problem. Some of them have forgotten their worth.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:48 pm

SteW wrote:For someone who couldn't catch his breath, he wasn't half running about. My dark nasty side thinks that he's been told to say this to take some pressure off Dave.

All statements are issued by the Club, even if they focus on players and their comments. In that respect, they represent the Club's position and are designed to meet the Club's objectives. One suspects that you are spot on with your comment!

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:50 pm

I also thought this when Ross stated in the press 'a number of players were ill... but it's not up to me to name those players'. A fabrication? Could he not name them because there weren't any?

Was Peter Whittingham ill? What about Gavin Rae? Joe Ledley? If not, can they please explain their shit performances... even less excusable because if they knew others were ill surely they should have worked harder to compensate?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:33 pm

LOL wish i could run round this good when feeling like crap - I actually thought he run around a lot more in this game (maybe he was trying to get off the pitch to the toilet!) there was me thinking it was to keep warm! lol

Again too little too late - players who are THAT ill should not be in the changing room spreading the "Virus" or "bug" to the other fit players (specially when there is a game to be played 3 dyas later) and if it means pulling the youth players through so be it!

Scapegoat and another excuse!

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Again too little too late - players who are THAT ill should not be in the changing room spreading the "Virus" or "bug" to the other fit players (specially when there is a game to be played 3 dyas later) and if it means pulling the youth players through so be it!

Scapegoat and another excuse![/quote]

Agree, Hopefully they will get over it for tomororw