Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Supporters club backing what Annis said about Borley- Hope?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Extract from the suppoers club report on yesterdays game which will be of interest to most...

'The Supporters Club understand that Steve Borley along with a couple of other unnamed individuals have agreed to pump a cash injection into the club in order to settle our outstanding tax bill, which will result in the Football League lifting the transfer embargo which it is currently under and perhaps allowing Dave Jones to use at least some of the millions of pounds raised from season ticket sales to go towards team strengthening. In Steve Borley's words "We've come too far to allow us to fail now".

http://www.ccsc.co.uk/

Re: Supporters club backing what Annis said about Borley- Hope?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:56 pm

lets hope so, perhaps some good news at last :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Extract from the suppoers club report on yesterdays game which will be of interest to most...

'The Supporters Club understand that Steve Borley along with a couple of other unnamed individuals have agreed to pump a cash injection into the club in order to settle our outstanding tax bill, which will result in the Football League lifting the transfer embargo which it is currently under and perhaps allowing Dave Jones to use at least some of the millions of pounds raised from season ticket sales to go towards team strengthening. In Steve Borley's words "We've come too far to allow us to fail now".

THANKYOU Tim :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Extract from the suppoers club report on yesterdays game which will be of interest to most...

hat will shut up the doubters :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm down but not yet out! People like Steve make me still believe we can do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah, Not that i doubted you, but you never know ? :lol:

My only worry is, have they copied it off here ?? :|

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

seems annis was way ahead on this one......well done annis :wav:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:09 pm

If its true WELL DONE STEVE BORLEY....a true bluebird :ayatollah:

Begs the question, why should he have to bail us out all the time and make up for Ridsdale's mistakes? If we do get taken over I hope Steve is kept on the board

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

My only worry is, have they copied it off here ?? :|

No, They spoke to Borley tonight.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:17 pm

My only worry is, have they copied it off here ?? :|[/quote]

No, They spoke to Borley tonight.[/quote]

Cheers.
This looks good for you.

2 days in front of everyone else, and the papers havent even sniffed it :ayatollah:

Good news. I just hope Steve doesnt find his dinner is in the dog/bin tonight. :lol:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Good news :ayatollah:

Just hope something concrete is done so that this is not an annual occurance with the club and management, players and fans can get their minds on the game :roll:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:37 pm

The 'cash injection' will undoubtedly be in the form of loans though, so it's only a short-term fix.

Good news maybe, but let's be realistic - without some serious investment we're knackered. Steve Borley's not going to be able to keep loaning the club money forever.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:44 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:The 'cash injection' will undoubtedly be in the form of loans though, so it's only a short-term fix.

Good news maybe, but let's be realistic - without some serious investment we're knackered. Steve Borley's not going to be able to keep loaning the club money forever.

Tbh I didnt think any different.

If we are in takeover talks they (PR, PMG) are hardly going to sell him shares at par at the moment.

Agreed its a short term fix, but at least it buys us some time.

By the way, can you confirm through your sources that this has actually happened, or is it a promise at the moment.

If so the questions are.

Does it pay all the tax ?

Does it pay any of it, we've still got to find £150k min per week for the net payroll, aND here will be other imminent bills ?

When will we be able to bring players in, or (as I would guess) do we have to sell first /

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:49 pm

To be honest, I've no idea what the latest situation is. All I know is that any money that will be put in by Steve Borley, Paul Guy or whoever at this stage will be in the form of loans. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - it certainly isn't and it's very good of Steve to risk more money on the club. It will definietly help us out of the current hole. However, I think people need to be aware that nobody is waving a magic wand and making the debts go away. We will clear one debt by creating another.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:52 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:To be honest, I've no idea what the latest situation is. All I know is that any money that will be put in by Steve Borley, Paul Guy or whoever at this stage will be in the form of loans. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - it certainly isn't and it's very good of Steve to risk more money on the club. It will definietly help us out of the current hole. However, I think people need to be aware that nobody is waving a magic wand and making the debts go away. We will clear one debt by creating another.

Even if it is a new loan, we'd be in a better position owing Borley £3m than owing HMRC £3m along with a transfer embargo.
I would imagine the HMRC are probably a bit stricter than Steve!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:53 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:To be honest, I've no idea what the latest situation is. All I know is that any money that will be put in by Steve Borley, Paul Guy or whoever at this stage will be in the form of loans. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - it certainly isn't and it's very good of Steve to risk more money on the club. It will definietly help us out of the current hole. However, I think people need to be aware that nobody is waving a magic wand and making the debts go away. We will clear one debt by creating another.

True Dave,

But its a much safer option for the club to owe money to Borley than the Revenue.

I've got the feeling we need to raise a fair bit more and that a player/paleyrs will be leaving before any come in.

Borley cant be a mug to have done as well as he has and therefore i'm sure it'll only be the absolute minimum that we need that has been/ is being put in.

Owain - I see you've just said the same, bt i'll be stunned if he's put in £3m.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Owain wrote:Even if it is a new loan, we'd be in a better position owing Borley £3m than owing HMRC £3m along with a transfer embargo.

Quite. However, people need to be aware of the real situation as opposed to an imagined one whereby the tax debt will suddenly disappear.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:13 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Owain wrote:Even if it is a new loan, we'd be in a better position owing Borley £3m than owing HMRC £3m along with a transfer embargo.

Quite. However, people need to be aware of the real situation as opposed to an imagined one whereby the tax debt will suddenly disappear.

Dave the whole board have to make the decision to remove the chairman from his post.
you more than most know the tissue of lies and deceit that have been thrown around lately.
i am led to believe that the malaysians have told the club to put their house in order prior to any takeover as they have been embarressed by recent events not least the adding of the director on the day of the original winding up order was made public

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:18 am

steve davies wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

Dave the whole board have to make the decision to remove the chairman from his post.
you more than most know the tissue of lies and deceit that have been thrown around lately.
i am led to believe that the malaysians have told the club to put their house in order prior to any takeover as they have been embarressed by recent events not least the adding of the director on the day of the original winding up order was made public

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:32 am

Surely this basically means once this goes through we are no longer a transfer embargo.
:D :D
Great source Annis :ayatollah:

Now let's just hope Ridsdale leaves and Isaacs can invest 5m HAPPY DAYS :ayatollah: :D

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:45 am

I agree with TLG on this one. Honourable true supporters are lending us money to pay off HMRC etc, but is the club any better off long term.

We all know the club will not go into administration because Langstone and Paul Guy can not afford that to happen. If we were in the situation wher Langstone or Paul Guy had to invest more money to protect what they aleady own then the value of Cardiff City would fall dramatically leaving us in a better position to be taken over.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 am

Lawnmower wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:The 'cash injection' will undoubtedly be in the form of loans though, so it's only a short-term fix.

By the way, can you confirm through your sources that this has actually happened, or is it a promise at the moment.

If so the questions are.

Does it pay any of it, we've still got to find £150k min per week for the net payroll, aND here will be other imminent bills ?

When will we be able to bring players in, or (as I would guess) do we have to sell first /

The only sources that TLG has got are a bottle of Daddy's (the poor man's HP) and a bottle of Tesco Value Tomato ketchup, both sat in his kitchen. :lol:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:56 am

fingers88 wrote:If its true WELL DONE STEVE BORLEY....a true bluebird :ayatollah:

Begs the question, why should he have to bail us out all the time and make up for Ridsdale's mistakes? If we do get taken over I hope Steve is kept on the board

Yeah like what he's done with his bonus for 'saving' the club?

Job ain't over yet.

Good luck to Borley :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:04 am

chewbarker wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

If so the questions are.

The only sources that TLG has got are a bottle of Daddy's (the poor man's HP) and a bottle of Tesco Value Tomato ketchup, both sat in his kitchen. :lol:

Don't give up your day job mate. You're just recycling a joke that is used all the time on Mike's board with an added unfunny twist.

TLG comes on here to give us some positive news and you have a pop at him (again).

People wonder why some of our well known and influential supporters are getting fed up of posting on message boards passing information to us all especially us exiles who are well away from the news.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:15 am

I don't suppose Ridsdale get's a bonus for restructuring the HMRC debt? :D

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I don't suppose Ridsdale get's a bonus for restructuring the HMRC debt? :D

Prob :lol: