Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

any ska n reggae nights in cardiff anymore?

Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:56 pm

:old: :ayatollah:

Re: any ska n reggae nights in cardiff anymore?

Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:59 pm

jinks/cwm wrote::old: :ayatollah:

I dont know, But I love that Music :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:10 pm

I was trying to find one a few months back, but nothing. There is a regular one in Jackland though :(

Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:16 am

Uprising put on reggae nights quite regularly in Cardiff....my only grief is that they are generally on a Thursday....

Mighty Diamonds were in Globe a month or so ago.....furken amazing...

Cardiff does get some good reggae nights but they are poorly promoted so you really have to keep an eye out...

Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:36 pm

they have ska nights at cafe-a-go-go which is in the town centre! great night and good crowd!

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:20 pm

hardly anything these days....

Eek A Mouse was in Globe a couple of months back but i don't know anyone who went...

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:28 pm

The Wailers are in the Tramshed in March, and The Selector are there in October.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:52 pm

My uncle Dominic who used to be bassist in Cardiff Ska Band The Oppressed is now playing bass in Ska / 2Tone band The Navorones which are a fantastic band and always put a party on, play across the whole of S Wales and Cardiff regularly.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:59 pm

Wolfpac wrote:My uncle Dominic who used to be bassist in Cardiff Ska Band The Oppressed is now playing bass in Ska / 2Tone band The Navorones which are a fantastic band and always put a party on, play across the whole of S Wales and Cardiff regularly.

Excellent band, they're up the rhondda hotel in Porth again in Feb or march :occasion5:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:01 pm

The navarones are quality your uncle Dominic lived in my street he used to get me millions of elastic bands from the post office when I was a kid

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Wolfpac wrote:My uncle Dominic who used to be bassist in Cardiff Ska Band The Oppressed is now playing bass in Ska / 2Tone band The Navorones which are a fantastic band and always put a party on, play across the whole of S Wales and Cardiff regularly.

dont let your uncle dominic or your uncle roddy hear you calling the oppressed a ska band lol

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:42 pm

https://www.allgigs.co.uk/whats_on/Card ... gae-1.html
A few gigs here.....

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:13 pm

The oppressed - skinheads against racism