Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ridsdales Resignation

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Peter Ridsdale has never ever offered his resignation to the board of directors, despite what he says.

There are many fans who want Ridsdale out of the club but the man will not walk, there needs to be an EGM, Peter Ridsdale needs to explain his actions and no more bullshit.

It is only the way that there can be change at our club.

Whilst Ridsdale is at the helm, we will continue to be lied too and the same old spin will keep on coming.

I know that there are moves to get an EGM arranged and this is the only way that this club can move forward.

We have been lied too about the taxman.

We have been lied too about season ticket money.

No More Lies

Corky, this is your calling, Get the shareholders to raise their voice

Re: Ridsdales Resignation

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:40 pm

I dont know if his resignation is the issue

if after an EGM then his position is seen as on quicksand, then thats for others to mull over

such as the shareholders

but an EGM is deffo a very good idea in my opinion

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:46 pm

wouldn't an EGM take time to arrange?
if investers are not willing to invest whilst Ridders is in place have we got the money to.
a) pay the HMRC
b) pay off Ridders so that an invester will come in
c) strengthen the squad
d) pay langston thier monthly dues
all in time before january is over.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:48 pm

3 million only goes so far

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Carl, This is what we need urgently an EGM Meeting, I know Corky and TLG are working hard on it. I will give them My Shares towards it and many more I know will also.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:51 pm

carlccfc wrote:Peter Ridsdale has never ever offered his resignation to the board of directors, despite what he says.

There are many fans who want Ridsdale out of the club but the man will not walk, there needs to be an EGM, Peter Ridsdale needs to explain his actions and no more bullshit.

It is only the way that there can be change at our club.

Whilst Ridsdale is at the helm, we will continue to be lied too and the same old spin will keep on coming.

I know that there are moves to get an EGM arranged and this is the only way that this club can move forward.

We have been lied too about the taxman.

We have been lied too about season ticket money.

No More Lies

Corky, this is your calling, Get the shareholders to raise their voice

Agreed we need to get rid of this compulsive liar, iv had enough of his pork pies!!!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Every day I see Ridsdale called a liar or spin merchant. That might be true for the most part but there is often no hard evidence to support that view. At best we get someone saying they have information from a 'good source I can't mention' or misinformation which has been manafactured to suit a particular opinion, in all honesty we all do it including me.

So if PR reads these message boards as we are told he does then wouldn't he have grounds to call us 'liars and spin merchants' as well?

My point is Ridsdale probably thinks he has the moral high ground and continue's on as he thinks we are no better. I'm not saying that's right, just that the quality and accuracy of what we post needs to be better before we get too judgemental.

As they say it will all come out in the end.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Every day I see Ridsdale called a liar or spin merchant. That might be true for the most part but there is often no hard evidence to support that view. At best we get someone saying they have information from a 'good source I can't mention' or misinformation which has been manafactured to suit a particular opinion, in all honesty we all do it including me.

So if PR reads these message boards as we are told he does then wouldn't he have grounds to call us 'liars and spin merchants' as well?

My point is Ridsdale probably thinks he has the moral high ground and continue's on as he thinks we are no better. I'm not saying that's right, just that the quality and accuracy of what we post needs to be better before we get too judgemental.

Tony,

He told everyone at The Muni the Tax has been paid lol, Then he repeated 3 times he has had Millions from the Malaysians, Well I can state we have had no more than £200,000.
Thats just 2 of 50 things I could say.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Every day I see Ridsdale called a liar or spin merchant. That might be true for the most part but there is often no hard evidence to support that view. At best we get someone saying they have information from a 'good source I can't mention' or misinformation which has been manafactured to suit a particular opinion, in all honesty we all do it including me.

But he says that all the money raised from ST sales will go towards new players but, really, we all know where it will end up. If we had the money to pay the taxman, why hasn't he been paid already or straight after the court case? When the High Court demanded we pay the money, why didn't he do what Sting did in Quadrophenia when he was in court with Jimmy?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:16 pm

The day TG was announced he was on board (same as winding up order) PR posted his telephone number on the net, i rang him with my concerns regarding my clubs issue with the tax man. His answer was it will all be payed by end of december begining of january, he told me that the malaysians were investing (buying a percentage) and not buying the club out right. He told me this i did not ask him, my major concern was the tax. Now, no money payed to tax, aint got a clue whats going on with the malaysians, sometimes i wonder if they are just more PR spin. The platinium ambassador con to pay the tax has pushed it over the edge for me. ( I still would have gone plat if he said it was for tax and we are skint. ) RIDDLER OUT!!!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:21 pm

it is indeed correct to be cautious labelling PR a liar

I would like to concern myself with the bigger picture , and that is , is he good enough at his job to carry on ?

and is it his fault that we are in this position or are others also culpable ?

I would rather THAT is the issue to be looked at

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Tony I for one am sick of the spin.

when the club asked for season ticket money early for exchange of a 5 yr price freeze it was a thank you to us. ( the fans )

when only a small number took up the offer they added another "thank you" which was the interest free option.

again to further boost sales they added the "golden ticket" promising a full refund dependant on promotion and also stated that ALL money will go to team strengthing.

My point is if it were really a thank you why was it not put into one package at they very beginning not broken down and keep enticing us til we bit.

And where are the new players ?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Sludge wrote:it is indeed correct to be cautious labelling PR a liar

I would like to concern myself with the bigger picture , and that is , is he good enough at his job to carry on ?

and is it his fault that we are in this position or are others also culpable ?

I would rather THAT is the issue to be looked at

Sludge I agree this is why we need to hear the answers to these questions

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:35 pm

What amazes me you nail one bloke everytime there is a complete board who need to answer

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:

when the club asked for season ticket money early for exchange of a 5 yr price freeze it was a thank you to us. ( the fans )

when only a small number took up the offer they added another "thank you" which was the interest free option.

again to further boost sales they added the "golden ticket" promising a full refund dependant on promotion and also stated that ALL money will go to team strengthing.

My point is if it were really a thank you why was it not put into one package at they very beginning not broken down and keep enticing us til we bit.

Spot on Carl.

The supposed 'Thank you' to the fans seemed an inceasingly desperate

Hmmmmmm, let's see - 5 years fixed price (and based on the cost of the 2007 season), then - 5 years fixed and 0% for 5 months on top, then - 5 year fixed + 0% + The lot back IF we go up.

Seems the club were desperate for us to take up their offer for some reason....... who knows what the 4th iteration would have been if we still hadn't hit 10k??

Peter

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:37 pm

Blue To The Bone. wrote:What amazes me you nail one bloke everytime there is a complete board who need to answer

but he is the one who is making the statements.

As I said to sludge I think there are questions to be answered and that is why there should be an EGM so we may here what is happening with our club

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Blue To The Bone. wrote:What amazes me you nail one bloke everytime there is a complete board who need to answer

:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:38 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Spot on Carl.

The supposed 'Thank you' to the fans seemed an inceasingly desperate

Hmmmmmm, let's see - 5 years fixed price (and based on the cost of the 2007 season), then - 5 years fixed and 0% for 5 months on top, then - 5 year fixed + 0% + The lot back IF we go up.

Seems the club were desperate for us to take up their offer for some reason....... who knows what the 4th iteration would have been if we still hadn't hit 10k??

Peter

Guess we will never know Peter :lol:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:

but he is the one who is making the statements.

As I said to sludge I think there are questions to be answered and that is why there should be an EGM so we may here what is happening with our club

Agreed Carl, and let's look at the 'salaries versus responsibilities' as dished out to the Board. Surely the chairman's pay reflects where the buck stops?

I wonder if PR is paid twice as much as anyone else on the Board....Hmmmmmmmmmm

Peter

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Tony,

He told everyone at The Muni the Tax has been paid lol, Then he repeated 3 times he has had Millions from the Malaysians, Well I can state we have had no more than £200,000.
Thats just 2 of 50 things I could say.

Annis you are a good man and I don't doubt your passion for Cardiff City. But Ridsdale is a very intelligent man and he does play us all for fools and I include myself in that.

At the Muni Club (I was there) he said the tax issue was settled because the club had a payment schedule with HMRC. Now at first that sounds like he has said the 'tax bill has been paid'

The trouble is he hasn't. What he has said is the HMRC are satisfied by the terms of our arrangement to pay them in the future. If at any point later he is challenged he can quite rightly say 'I never said the tax bill was paid' only that a schedule was in place.

With regard to the Malaysians it appears absolutely that he has lied. The trouble is we don't know exactly how much was invested. We THINK we know it was £200,000 but without the bank statements to prove it he can always say differently. In any case I have always had a different theory about what he was saying.

The Malaysian ringgit is 5.3 to every £. Multiply £200,000 * 5.3 and you get 1.06m ringgits. Remember he said 'in the millions' but what was the millions £'s or ringgits :?:

As I said to ihatealiens earlier we need to up our game when we challenge Ridsdale. We need to look deeper into what he says, look for the trap doors and don't take everything literally.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:

But he says that all the money raised from ST sales will go towards new players but, really, we all know where it will end up. If we had the money to pay the taxman, why hasn't he been paid already or straight after the court case? When the High Court demanded we pay the money, why didn't he do what Sting did in Quadrophenia when he was in court with Jimmy?

Nottage Blue again same as Annis you raise a good point. But again we have to look at what was said and the possible implications. I'm now told that it wasn't Ridsdale but the 'club' which said the season ticket money would be used to sign players.

That apart it seems that the wording was again ambiguous. To explain if the cost of 4 loan players is £1m (personally I can’t see it being more than that), then there was never any obligation that the other £2m couldn't be used to pay off debts.

The only way Ridsdale (or the club) can be accused of 'lying' is if no players whatsoever are brought in during January ONCE the tax issue is resolved.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Carl that's a very well put together arguement and frankly its fair comment

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:24 pm

TBH I would have thought maybe someone from the trust would have responded to this