Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sticky:'NEWS DIRECT FROM CCFC REGARDING NEXT FEW AWAY GAMES'

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 pm

And in particular the travel club meeting I attended last night.

My first ever travel group meeting on behalf of the forum travel club and my feelings are it was an informative, relaxed and well worth attending, the meeting was headed by Wayne Nash and in attendance was Wayne Palmer ( Police Liaison Officer ), Mona ( Ticket Office Manager ) and other known travel group providers ie. Vince Alm, Wayne Dibs, Tony Jeffries amongst others who I am sure I will get to know over the course of time.

The match at Middlesbrough on Saturday was first on the agenda and there was particular concern to problems in and around the Stadium as the footpaths had 6-8 inches of snow on them. The pitch at the Stadium is fine. The Cleveland police are confident the game will go ahead. Cardiff City have sold just under 500 tickets as of yesterday. As already reported on here this evening there has been a big clear up operation today and with the weather set to improve over the next few days then all being equal the game will go ahead.

Watford on the 28th of December has a kick off of 3pm and Mona reported that ticket sales are going well, with 1,600 sold to date. The maximum allocation for this game at Vicarage Road is around 2,300 which gives us more than 10% of the stadium so Watford FC have been generous with the amount given.

The match against Bristol City will be a bubble trip for all Cardiff fans, Wayne Nash said that with " maximum reluctance " the club have accepted the bubble restrictions placed on our supporters and that he wrote to both Bristol City FC and the Police protesting. Wayne Nash stated that this will be the final year of a bubble for City fans ( if we have the displeasure of playing them next year ). The allocation for the game on New Year's Day is 1,850. Exiles who wish to travel to Bristol should contact Wayne Nash for further instruction. There are no restrictions on the number of away games attended to qualify for a ticket.

Cardiff City's FA Cup tie at Stoke is confirmed as being a 3pm kick-off on Saturday 8th January and City's allocation is 3,000, City have accepted the amount and an agreement has been reached that in the event of a replay Stoke will get 10% allocation of us as opposed to the 15% recommended for cup games. There will be no rendezvous point for coaches and no travelling restrictions applied for this fixture. Mona stated that the club are waiting for the tickets from Stoke and if they are received this week then they would go on sale early next week.

Cardiff's allocation for the game at Swansea in February will be 1,800. No decision has been made regarding the amount of previous away games attended to qualify for this fixture but a figure of 2 games was spoken of but a decision will be made closer to the time. It will be a full bubble trip for supporters and as in previous seasons there will be no pick ups along the way, it will be non stop convoy from CCS.

Leeds United have sold their entire allocation of 1,850 tickets for the game at the Cardiff City Stadium on Tuesday 4th January. A voucher exchange system will be implemented for travelling fans like the one in place for our trip to Elland road earlier this season. On the subject of the game in Yorkshire, Wayne Nash spoke of his disappointment at the length of time City fans were held at Wooley edge services and despite coaches being there ready to be dispatched to the stadium, it was the decision of the match commander at Leeds to wait until there were 8-10 coaches to take in at one time. Also Hampshire police decided to carry out work relating to an incident at Portsmouth at Wooley edge services also despite complaints from South Wales Police.

Vince Alm spoke regarding the situation at Leeds and told that there is legal representation for City fans over the holding back of fans and the fact many missed the kick off by up to 10 mins and stated that we have the backing of the FSF. Vince has asked for anyone wishing to make a statement regarding the Leeds trip to get in touch with him.

The Reading away game was spoken about and it was noted that there was "minimal damage" caused but really nothing to write home about and any damage were a result isolated incidents.

The club in fact received 6 complaints from supporters concerning the recent home game against Nottingham Forest. 2 of the complaints were letters that were complaining about the behaviour of Cardiff fans in the Family Stand section of the ground from City fans. The club noted that changes will be made to provide a safer environment for future games by creating a bigger segregation between the away section and the Family stand.

At the Forest game a City fan was assaulted outside the ground following the game by another Cardiff supporter. The fan who was attacked was injured badly as a result but the club have been in touch with him and the club are appealing for witnesses.

The club told us that there are around 500 fans who have been season ticket holders every season since 2000, they use computer software that gives them the figures and will use it for future situations and will give updates on the rise of season tickets in recent years.

Re: " THE LATEST FROM THE CLUB " Last Nights Meeting in Full,

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:47 pm

Cheers Carl, Very Much Appreciated, To Read A Full update of Last Nights Travel Club Meeting.

I know you had to travel back to Neath Last Night, to Your Family and a Cooked meal waiting for you,I know You never had time to write it up last night, Family comes first, Especially if you have some to go home to.

Great update on The Travel Club News etc :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sticky "THE LATEST FROM THE CLUB"Last Nights Meeting in Full

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:00 pm

in the whole its good news then :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

nice update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Carl, Great to Hear that the So Called Trouble Away at Reading was Nothing to Write home about :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sticky"THE LATEST FROM THE CLUB,Last Nights Meeting in Full"

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Yeah, good info, ta :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 pm

The match against Bristol City will be a bubble trip for all Cardiff fans, Wayne Nash said that with " maximum reluctance " the club have accepted the bubble restrictions placed on our supporters and that he wrote to both Bristol City FC and the Police protesting

. " Wayne Nash stated that this will be the final year of a bubble for City fans ( if we have the displeasure of playing them next year )." :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lets Hope so :ayatollah:

The allocation for the game on New Year's Day is 1,850. Exiles who wish to travel to Bristol should contact Wayne Nash for further instruction. There are no restrictions on the number of away games attended to qualify for a ticket.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:49 pm

I love these updates, they're always very informative and I'm (and everyone else I'm sure) very grateful. Knowing whats going on in the club is important for fans.

Thanks Carl :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:54 am

Ditto
Thank you for taking the time to let us know all the above.
Plus thinking about all those cracking away trips has cheered me up no end!!! :ayatollah:

Re: Sticky " THE LATEST FROM THE CLUB, 9th Dec Thursday 2010 "

Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks for the update Carl

Re: Sticky " THE LATEST FROM THE CLUB, 9th Dec Thursday 2010 "

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Is there any reason for the 'number of fans who've had season tickets since 200'0 being brought up a lot?

Re: Sticky:"NEWS DIRECT FROM CCFC REGARDING NEXT FEW AWAY GAMES

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:54 am

Well Watford Now Virtually Sold Out, But Bristol City No where near ?

Re: Sticky:'NEWS DIRECT FROM CCFC REGARDING NEXT FEW AWAY GAMES'

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:49 pm

:ayatollah:

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:02 am

its nice and lovely

Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:14 pm

haris123 wrote:its nice and lovely

Excellent first post! :? (for a Looney anyway). :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: