Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I REALLY CANT UNDERSTAND "

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:42 pm

" I REALLY CANT UNDERSTAND " Why Chopra would at this Stage in his Career would want to play for India, Were flying high in the league, If We went up, he could even been called up for England, he is only 26 years old. All this will do is cause disruption to us as a team and even his own season with us, say we do well without out him, he will come back tired, I See Jones getting Annoyed with him, I Just really cant See what he gains from it, they are 142 Ranked in the World and are 11 hrs travelling away from us and thats from Heathrow.
I have Never Ever heard him talk or praise India, in 2007 he was touting himself to England, When David Nugent was called up.

Maybe others on here can understand it BETTER THAN ME ?

Re: " I REALLY CANT UNDERSTAND "

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I REALLY CANT UNDERSTAND " Why Chopra would at this Stage in his Career would want to play for India, Were flying high in the league, If We went up, he could even been called up for England, he is only 26 years old. All this will do is cause disruption to us as a team and even his own season with us, say we do well without out him, he will come back tired, I See Jones getting Annoyed with him, I Just really cant See what he gains from it, they are 142 Ranked in the World and are 11 hrs travelling away from us and thats from Heathrow.
I have Never Ever heard him talk or praise India, in 2007 he was touting himself to England, When David Nugent was called up.

I completely agree with you annis I have no problem with him playing India if thats what he wants to do, but why now? Personnally I think hes got a little bit jealous with the hype Bothroyd got with his England call up and wants a bit of the action himself.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:49 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" I REALLY CANT UNDERSTAND " Why Chopra would at this Stage in his Career would want to play for India, Were flying high in the league, If We went up, he could even been called up for England, he is only 26 years old. All this will do is cause disruption to us as a team and even his own season with us, say we do well without out him, he will come back tired, I See Jones getting Annoyed with him, I Just really cant See what he gains from it, they are 142 Ranked in the World and are 11 hrs travelling away from us and thats from Heathrow.

I completely agree with you annis I have no problem with him playing India if thats what he wants to do, but why now? Personnally I think hes got a little bit jealous with the hype Bothroyd got with his England call up and wants a bit of the action himself.

Yes maybe wants some of the limelight :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:50 pm

I have been thinking of this too and I don't understand why now.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Without being cynical, I wonder if there is a big appearance fee for him?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:53 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:Without being cynical, I wonder if there is a big appearance fee for him?

yeah maybe but why now why didnt he plug his international career when he was in the Premiership, would of been great for India.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:54 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:Without being cynical, I wonder if there is a big appearance fee for him?

Or does his contract have clauses that get triggered with International call ups

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:56 pm

all the jalfrezi he can eat washed down with gallons of free cobra thats an opportunity to good to miss for chops

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 pm

either money driven or i no you will find it bonkers but he could promote us out there? has chops been on fire this season? maybe jones has other ideas up front.

my opinion tho

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 pm

steve davies wrote:

all the jalfrezi he can eat washed down with gallons of free cobra thats an opportunity to good to miss for chops
where do i sign up :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:01 pm

steve davies wrote:

thought he was a kingfisher man?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:02 pm

steve davies wrote:

Tracing my roots as we speak, must be some Indian in me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Asia! massive marketing potential me thinks£££££££££££££££

carlccfc wrote:

Or does his contract have clauses that get triggered with International call ups

that makes alot of sense actually because and correct me if im wrong here, but he qualifies for India through FIFA rules but doesnt the India FA insist all their national players have Indian passports so he would have to work hard to persuade them otherwise. Unless that rule is being relaxed and this is the first real chance he has had to get a cap for India.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:04 pm

I dont understand why now either...... has to be down to money :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:04 pm

["bluebirdbaz"]["steve davies"][="TheMortgageAdvisor"]Without being cynical, I wonder if there is a big appearance fee for him?

all the jalfrezi he can eat washed down with gallons of free cobra thats an opportunity to good to miss for chops[/quote]where do i sign up :lol: :lol:[/quote]

its down the juboraj second sunday in december baz 6pm
ive put our names down for a trial. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Because he likes curry?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 pm

He's not got any chance of ever being called up for England. For his type of player, there are too many in the Premier League that are better.

I think he wants to play for India so that he can have some kind of international career, instead of none.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:35 pm

he's doing it becuase he only has one football career which will span around 17 years. what happens when he retires, and he thinks ' i wish i took that oppurtunity to play international football' even if it is India, there will still be some good games for him to play him. Most players would take up any internation football, if they could. you only get one career, make the most of it. Not imes for what ifs in life.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:12 pm

could be a major boost for those Indian bookmakers ;)

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:23 pm

He could become India's David Beckham, and could make an absolute fortune, it's a gamble, but we all know he likes one of them :lol:

But I am gutted, his club needs him, this season especially............

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Dont get me wrong Everyone I have Always been A Chopra fan, even when he has gone on runs without Scoring,I Supported him, I Believe he is a Big Part of Cardiff City's Drive for Promotion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:51 pm

I don't get it for fiotballing reasons but I've wonder I'd Tan has had a word, would be big news in India...

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:52 pm

I think he'll be jeopardising his place in the team big time, if he goes ahead with this plan!

I thought DJ was right to take him off Saturday, as he looked overweight, tired and struggled to chase down a good opportunity in the first half! I think his trip to Dubai took quite a lot out of him!

With DJ likely to strengthen the attack in January as well, he may find that when he does eventually come back, he'll find himself on the bench! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:58 pm

What you've got to wonder is, if it wasn't India, but a higher ranked yet less populous country like say...Thailand...would he have even given them the light of day?

If it wasn't for ulterior motives, be they limelight, the precious dollar, or indeed all you can eat tandoori, then he would wait and try his luck to get into the England team. Players with genuine international ambitions never give up on playing for their country, no matter how slim their chances might seem to fans. Chopra is a professional sportsman; he should think he has the ability to play for england. If he wanted to play for them before, what's changed his tune now? One thing I bet is it isn't some great Indian cultural awakeining ;)

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:12 am

Overthemoon wrote:I think he'll be jeopardising his place in the team big time, if he goes ahead with this plan!

I thought DJ was right to take him off Saturday, as he looked overweight, tired and struggled to chase down a good opportunity in the first half! I think his trip to Dubai took quite a lot out of him!

With DJ likely to strengthen the attack in January as well, he may find that when he does eventually come back, he'll find himself on the bench! :ayatollah:

He does look a little big but still thought he was better than Jay and Bellamy against forest.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:28 am

I see it as, hes got no chance for being called up for the england team again, rooney bent defore crouch etc no chance at all, hes not a preimer league player at all in my eyes, i can understand why he wants to play for india and i wish him the best of luck if he does to be fair.

Im a cardiff fan myself and have been for 16/17 years, we are fickle fans, makes you laugh when people are always slaging off england then the minute bothroyd is playing for them england are the best country in the world, to me it doesnt matter if the whole squad was english first team players, 99% of you are welsh so support them UR OWN COUNTRY.

Question who would u support if bothroyd stareted against wales. Wales or England??? ask urself that

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Overthemoon wrote:I think he'll be jeopardising his place in the team big time, if he goes ahead with this plan!

Hmm, Could be true.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote: If We went up, he could even been called up for England, he is only 26 years old.

Sorry, Annis, I don't think Chopra will ever play for England. I love him playing for us and would never want him to leave, but he's never cut it in the Premiership before and any England managers will be aware of this

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:17 pm

I have no idea why but I know only he knows the real reason. From the outside it seems a bit of a concidence that he's made this decision after Bothroyd got selected for England. Like others said though, maybe Bothroyd getting called up the controversy it caused made Chopra realise how far away he is from the England reckoning?