Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHO IS GOING TO FIGHT FOR US ? "

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:31 pm

In 3 weeks time we go to QPR for an away fixture but as yet not one away ticket has been sold and we will not know until Thursday 11th November what the allocation will be, how much the ticket will cost and if there are any qualifying requirements ie. 2 previous aways. Personally I dont think there will be any qualifying restrictions but still why do we continue to get treated this way ?

We are told that we have come a long way, like having the first Cardiff City police free away match in over 30 years at this seasons match at the Ricoh Arena and then some 3 weeks later here we are still in the dark as to how many tickets we are getting. We are still being penalised

I am told that the club has been offered 1600 tickets by QPR but officials from City are in talks to get a further 800 but 3 weeks ago Norwich were able to take 3122 of their supporters there and before someone tells me that Norwich are a family friendly club then I will remind you that 5 weeks ago Millwall went to Loftus road and they sold 2490 tickets so why are we being limited to just a poxy 1600 tickets ?

We as supporters have come along in a massive way over many years and it gets to me when we are treated this way for no apparent reason.

Looking at the bigger picture this is not an isolated incident, take the fact the last year City were 'bubbled' to Ashton Gate yet Bristol travelled to us without the restriction of a 'bubble', despite assurances from city officials that the bubble would be lifted this season it does not like this is the case despite the fact that for the 2nd year running Bristol City travelled to us without the 'bubble', why are we being penalised ?

Take Millall for instance, they did not ask us how many tickets will they have, they told us how many they wanted and also they said that they wanted the bubble restriction lifted and guess we all know how it ended, in their favour ! The only restriction they had was an early kick off.

When was the last time that City fans caused or were involved in trouble in a stadium or even when we went onto a pitch ? These would surely be reasons to restrict us but I don't have the answers so do you ?

Remember, if a club takes this kind of action against us, we should stand up and fight it with all the might we can muster, don't forget that Luton Town once tried to ban us, 1986, and they were subsequently thrown out of the League cup because of it by the FA, there are rules and unless there is evidence for another club to impose such sanctions then we must stand up for ourselves.

The name Cardiff City gets dragged through the mud too many times and sometimes it is unjustified like the recent train incident involving a woman from the valleys falsely accusing our supporters of things that were simply not true, we have to stand up and fight for the name of City and show that we are not the animals that some sections of the media and in some cases other football clubs will have you believe we are.

So as the topic title says ' Who is going to fight for us ' ?

Re: Sticky : WHO IS GOING TO FIGHT FOR US ?

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Yes its about time Our Club Made a Stance for its Fans.

This in My Opinion is where The Trust could Represent Our Fans, Now I am Not Having a go at them, Far From it. The train incident, The Trust could Now speak to the Media on Behalf of Those innocent Fans .
Also I feel This Could be Our Biggest Season for Over 50 years, So Surely We Need a Fans Organisation to Demand Our Club Demand OUR FULL ALLOCATION AT ALL AWAY GAMES etc, an Excellent Chance for THe Trust to do Something :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:37 pm

SuperTed?

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:37 pm

We will fight. The fans (not literally) but enough is enough.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Agree Carl, the trust and club need to stick up for our supporters. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Nicesocks wrote:SuperTed?

This is serious!!

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes its about time Our Club Made a Stance for its Fans.

This in My Opinion is where The Trust could Represent Our Fans, Now I am Not Having a go at them, Far From it. The train incident, The Trust could Now speak to the Media on Behalf of Those innocent Fans .
Also I feel This Could be Our Biggest Season for Over 50 years, So Surely We Need a Fans Organisation to Demand Our Club Demand OUR FULL ALLOCATION AT ALL AWAY GAMES etc, an Excellent Chance for THe Trust to do Something :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis you and I have spoken many times about these matters and today's conversation triggered this post and this is not knocking the club, trust or supporters club but simply requesting that someone says enough is enough !

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Yes its about time Our Club Made a Stance for its Fans.

Annis you and I have spoken many times about these matters and today's conversation triggered this post and this is not knocking the club, trust or supporters club but simply requesting that someone says enough is enough !

Carl, I totally agree with you and its about time, a strong stance was taken.
An Excellent post by the way :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:46 pm

I agree.

City fans when they went to Leeds were superbly behaved.

Sang all game..waited in ground.

Were calm after being kept waiting.

This Forum is the key...what you did with that bus...meal, few beers then ground.
Brilliant

I think it should be someone off here.
We deserve better.
Lets find out how we do it.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Jonathan Owen wrote:I agree.

City fans when they went to Leeds were superbly behaved.

Sang all game..waited in ground.

Were calm after being kept waiting.

This Forum is the key...what you did with that bus...meal, few beers then ground.
Brilliant

I think it should be someone off here.
We deserve better.
Lets find out how we do it.

Thank you Jonny :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Maybe "A fans voice" group should be set up on a official basis.

A group of fans from a wide range of ppl who can negotiate on behalf of the travelling support in the same way the rams used to do ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Carl you mentioned they are trying for more tickets, I spoke to a Senior person today from the Club and yes they are trying but at a Softly softly approach and thats why We need to make Our Club Stand up for its Fans and be Firm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl you mentioned they are trying for more tickets, I spoke to a Senior person today from the Club and yes they are trying but at a Softly softly approach and thats why We need to make Our Club Stand up for its Fans and be Firm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis they are trying to be tactful but I agree this should be a forgone conclusion, the demand is there, there has been and not expected to be any trouble so we should get the tickets !

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:07 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carl you mentioned they are trying for more tickets, I spoke to a Senior person today from the Club and yes they are trying but at a Softly softly approach and thats why We need to make Our Club Stand up for its Fans and be Firm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis they are trying to be tactful but I agree this should be a forgone conclusion, the demand is there, there has been and not expected to be any trouble so we should get the tickets !

110% Agree with You Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sticky : " WHO IS GOING TO FIGHT FOR US ? "

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:11 pm

I'm sure the MET police have had some input into our allocation and that's obviously the same police from the Chelsea game.

Just my opinion but I'm sure they will have this in their minds. They blame us for it kicking off.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:13 pm

j3nko wrote:I'm sure the MET police have had some input into our allocation and that's obviously the same police from the Chelsea game.

Just my opinion but I'm sure they will have this in their minds. They blame us for it kicking off.

I am Sure The Met Police were more Worried about Millwall Fans than Ours .

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:17 pm

["carlccfc"]["Forever Blue"]Carl you mentioned they are trying for more tickets, I spoke to a Senior person today from the Club and yes they are trying but at a Softly softly approach and thats why We need to make Our Club Stand up for its Fans and be Firm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Annis they are trying to be tactful but I agree this should be a forgone conclusion, the demand is there, there has been and not expected to be any trouble so we should get the tickets

There is no one in the club willing to stand up for us full stop.
there are people who are now in the position within the club to make a stand on our behalf.
these same people have suffered the same restrictions as we have over the years and i use stoke as an example with the metal detectors and deliberate holding of us at trenton gardens to miss the kick off.
Those people who were fellow supporters back then would be quite happy to rid themselves of the supporters who graced ninian park ten years ago.
Dont ever kid yourselves that you will get any help from within as they will always find a Chelsea to throw back in your face if you make to much of a fuss.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:25 pm

steve davies wrote:["carlccfc"]["Forever Blue"]Carl you mentioned they are trying for more tickets, I spoke to a Senior person today from the Club and yes they are trying but at a Softly softly approach and thats why We need to make Our Club Stand up for its Fans and be Firm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis they are trying to be tactful but I agree this should be a forgone conclusion, the demand is there, there has been and not expected to be any trouble so we should get the tickets

there are people who are now in the position within the club to make a stand on our behalf.
these same people have suffered the same restrictions as we have over the years and i use stoke as an example with the metal detectors and deliberate holding of us at trenton gardens to miss the kick off.
Those people who were fellow supporters back then would be quite happy to rid themselves of the supporters who graced ninian park ten years ago.
Dont ever kid yourselves that you will get any help from within as they will always find a Chelsea to throw back in your face if you make to much of a fuss.[/quote]

Steve, I know exactly where your coming from about certain people, but Chelsea was Not inside the Ground, We were Angels inside.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:29 pm

"Forever Blue"][steve davies"]["carlccfc"]["Forever Blue"]Carl you mentioned they are trying for more tickets, I spoke to a Senior person today from the Club and yes they are trying but at a Softly softly approach and thats why We need to make Our Club Stand up for its Fans and be Firm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Dont ever kid yourselves that you will get any help from within as they will always find a Chelsea to throw back in your face if you make to much of a fuss

Steve, I know exactly where your coming from about certain people, but Chelsea was Not inside the Ground, We were Angels inside.

dosent matter to them annis if its in the ground or forty miles from the ground if they can use it as an excuse to impose draconian restrictions on us they will and by that i mean the people in the club as well as the police.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:50 pm

We could easily sell 3000 tickets for QPR, and their segregation allows for that
but if QPR turn round and only give us half that...

Then when they ask for 1000 tickets to the CCS... Cardiff City should
turn round and say f**k YOU HERE'S 500

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Welcome to reality. This is one of the Major reasons we stopped the Rams. We thought initially if we helped to improve the image of City fans and helped reduce serious disorder then sooner or later we would get our just reward and be let off the leash and have restrictions lifted, "DREAM ON".

The goal posts will constantly be moved on until they have everyone of us wearing shirts and ties, sitting all match and applauding politely when we score, and I am saying this in all seriousness, those of us who have lived thru atmosphere and want it to carry on will need to wake up and realise it ain't going to happen, and the best we can hope for is to remember our history and past experiences fondly and accept they are gone forever.

The only help we will get is thru the FSF, they will fight for justice and fans rights, because that is what they are set up to do, we need to utilise fully their expertise and support.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Perhaps the memory of nearly 4,000 city fans turning up on a friday night and the ensuing mayhem still lingers in their minds and wouldn't want a repeat, though a 4-0 victory would be nice !

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:06 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Welcome to reality. This is one of the Major reasons we stopped the Rams. We thought initially if we helped to improve the image of City fans and helped reduce serious disorder then sooner or later we would get our just reward and be let off the leash and have restrictions lifted, "DREAM ON".

The goal posts will constantly be moved on until they have everyone of us wearing shirts and ties, sitting all match and applauding politely when we score, and I am saying this in all seriousness, those of us who have lived thru atmosphere and want it to carry on will need to wake up and realise it ain't going to happen, and the best we can hope for is to remember our history and past experiences fondly and accept they are gone forever.

The only help we will get is thru the FSF, they will fight for justice and fans rights, because that is what they are set up to do, we need to utilise fully their expertise and support.

i honestly believe gwyn that if yourself corky and the rest of the guys who worked tirelesly for the cause to make the clubs supporters more acceptable to clubs and police forces around the country tried to reform you would now have nothing but obstacles put in your way by the club and its heirachy

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Dont We have a Cardiff City Fans council to represent the fans of the club? I know alot of Clubs have a meeting every 2/3 months that the fans can put questions to the Manager and a member of the Board.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:33 pm

steve davies wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Welcome to reality. This is one of the Major reasons we stopped the Rams. We thought initially if we helped to improve the image of City fans and helped reduce serious disorder then sooner or later we would get our just reward and be let off the leash and have restrictions lifted, "DREAM ON".

i honestly believe gwyn that if yourself corky and the rest of the guys who worked tirelesly for the cause to make the clubs supporters more acceptable to clubs and police forces around the country tried to reform you would now have nothing but obstacles put in your way by the club and its heirachy

Sadly,I Could Not agree more with both of you.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:33 pm

I agree entirely with the sentiments concerning away travel.

However, I suspect that QPR are just a bit wary after the incidents after their Millwall game. The phone-in I listened to on Talksport suggests that it was quite unpleasant afterwards.
Also, they probably don't want 20% of their crowd to be away support if they can help it!

Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:20 pm

Carl I was up at QPR today with Reading and in the Walkabout pub a Reading spotter and a very nice WPC from the Met came in started talking to the guys, the WPC asked the guys general questions about the game / support for the day then started talking to me. She was looking at my shirt where my small gold bluebird pin badge was and asked "and what about your lot?" I replied why are you lot (met) being funny about numbers for us coming up on the 27th? She said that they (met) have not put any requests in, so it must be QPR :?: :?:

Today Reading had an initial 1700 tickets (upper tier) @£30 and then more tickets (lower tier) @£25, they did not sell all the lower tier tickets and those unsold were available to purchase on the day.

The Reading spotter (ala Simon Insole) I came across for the first time after I arrived back to Reading after we had played Millwall early and Reading were playing Swansea (re Swansea in the Rising Sun pub) I wound him up that day saying that we will take the pub over rather than just walk in like the jacks, :lol: the Reading guys knew I was winding him up but today he questioned me about how many Cardiff were bringing and where we were drinking haha I think TVP may be getting worried :lol:

See you in the morning
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
AndyFS

Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:41 pm

I think the only way forward, is for all Cardiff fans to stick together. If a club does not give a fair allocation and cannot justify it. We should all say, stick it up your arse and nobody go. The loss of revenue to these clubs would be substanial.
Otherwise Cardiff City will always be persucuted.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:54 pm

spike ferndale wrote:I think the only way forward, is for all Cardiff fans to stick together. If a club does not give a fair allocation and cannot justify it. We should all say, stick it up your arse and nobody go. The loss of revenue to these clubs would be substanial.
Otherwise Cardiff City will always be persucuted.

i tend to agree with this view....

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:23 am

Bluetaf wrote:Carl I was up at QPR today with Reading and in the Walkabout pub a Reading spotter and a very nice WPC from the Met came in started talking to the guys, the WPC asked the guys general questions about the game / support for the day then started talking to me. She was looking at my shirt where my small gold bluebird pin badge was and asked "and what about your lot?" I replied why are you lot (met) being funny about numbers for us coming up on the 27th? She said that they (met) have not put any requests in, so it must be QPR :?: :?:

Today Reading had an initial 1700 tickets (upper tier) @£30 and then more tickets (lower tier) @£25, they did not sell all the lower tier tickets and those unsold were available to purchase on the day.

The Reading spotter (ala Simon Insole) I came across for the first time after I arrived back to Reading after we had played Millwall early and Reading were playing Swansea (re Swansea in the Rising Sun pub) I wound him up that day saying that we will take the pub over rather than just walk in like the jacks, :lol: the Reading guys knew I was winding him up but today he questioned me about how many Cardiff were bringing and where we were drinking haha I think TVP may be getting worried :lol:

See you in the morning
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
AndyFS

Andy I got told the same it is Not the Met, its QPR, SO CARDIFF CAN STAND UP TO THEM.